• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Lim Tean: This entire Government should resign in SHAME

tyudm

Now u kpkb till cows come home also useless... We are all in these together. If the ship sinks, we all sink with it. The best is we overcome this pandemic together as a nation 1st.... Politics will come @a later part... !
Complain n complain..
Tell us, how would u have done better Lim Tean?
Our gahmen now are doing their best for the citizens n the citizens too must also play their part by following the rules!
Don't get me wrong, I'm no die hard pap supporter but I feel that @this point in time we should all be united supporting our gahmen to get rid of covid-19.
Lanjiao they are doing their best. Dormitories cramped with more than 10,000 and the manpower minister didn't do anything about and still has the cheek to talk about social distancing. They started off with the wrong advice don't wear a mask if you are not sick. Their best....my foot!
Now u kpkb till cows come home also useless... We are all in these together. If the ship sinks, we all sink with it. The best is we overcome this pandemic together as a nation 1st.... Politics will come @a later part... !

I did not complain. I fucked you for a false claim you made.
You claimed the gov is doing their best and I retorted they cramped 10,000 workers in the dormitory without realizing it.
I am not in the same ship with those mothers fuckers and you will be the last person I want be with when it sinks!
When they have problem we are asked solve it together as a nation
when a Singaporean about to die he was told their hands were tied he could not use his CPF to treat his cancer...he died.

He is a loser. Quit here go Canada to suffer more and call this good life style there.

He has already suggested many alternative plans. Just because u did not go to his FB and website and read them, does not mean he did not have them. So, don't be a cocksucker all the way from Canada. We already have enough PAP cocksuckers in singapore. We don't need more from canada. Got it?

Typical shill rhetoric (not just in Sinkieland). The 'appeal to unity', let's just kumbaya and forget about the scores to settle, right vs wrong etc. :biggrin:

You're witnessing this on a bigger stage now, where China wants to 'help the rest of the world' and 'unite' with the USA to combat the pandemic. :rolleyes:

By the way, the 'SGUnited' stunt is tacky, but it isn't surprising anymore after what had happened in 2015. :wink:

Typical shill rhetoric (not just in Sinkieland). The 'appeal to unity', let's just kumbaya and forget about the scores to settle, right vs wrong etc. :biggrin:

You're witnessing this on a bigger stage now, where China wants to 'help the rest of the world' and 'unite' with the USA to combat the pandemic. :rolleyes:

By the way, the 'SGUnited' stunt is tacky, but it isn't surprising anymore after what had happened in 2015. :wink:

What happened in 2015?

countryman

I did not complain. I fucked you for a false claim you made.
You claimed the gov is doing their best and I retorted they cramped 10,000 workers in the dormitory without realizing it.
I am not in the same ship with those mothers fuckers and you will be the last person I want be with when it sinks!
When they have problem we are asked solve it together as a nation
when a Singaporean about to die he was told their hands were tied he could not use his CPF to treat his cancer...he died.
There is no perfect country n no perfect gahmen in this world..Give them a bit of time to resolve this dormitory issue.
If u are so negative and so upset over this whole issue.. Why not do something useful to contribute instead of just being a keyboard warrior, only know how to KPKB.... Or why not go to neighbouring mudland to live there if u feel so frustrated in Sinkapor...!

and I'm willing to make a bet with you that it will and they're will be tons of people taking the day off to line up to be vaccinated. It doesn't matter that the disease is mild or otherwise. It matters that the public and all the political leaders have drank the kool aid and are singing a party line.

Here's how I see it. now that it's in the public's imagination, the drug companies will be falling over themselves to rush one to market. There will be long lines of sheep worldwide who will be racing to get vaccinated. Which company will pass up such an opportunity?
If the vaccine arrived tomorrow, next week, next month yes I would agree with you.

If it's 18 months to 2 years down the road then forget it. The uptake would be no different from a flu vaccine at most and that is if there is a campaign to get people vaccinated.

SARS-1 terrified everyone and a vaccine was formulated. Here's what happened :

health.howstuffworks.com

Is there a SARS vaccine?
by HowStuffWorks.com Contributors

2-3 minutes

Between 2002 and 2003, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) infected over 8,000 people worldwide, with almost 800 deaths. As a result of this severe and highly contagious virus, researchers almost immediately started working on developing a vaccine. United States-based researchers took a portion of the SARS DNA to create the vaccine. In particular, they took the DNA of a protein that is responsible for penetrating healthy cells in humans, which causes infection. The DNA in the vaccine cannot actually cause SARS because it only contains the protein responsible for the transmission of the virus. When injected with the SARS vaccine, the body identifies this protein and attacks it. As a result, the body develops immunity to the SARS virus. Due to exposure of the virus in vaccine form, the immune system can destroy the virus in the event of infection [source: BBC News].

In 2004, U.S. researchers successfully gave a SARS vaccine to mice in a trial. The researchers later exposed these mice to the actual SARS vaccine; they found that these mice had very few virus particles in their lungs compared to mice who never received the SARS vaccine. This type of vaccine is much safer than other vaccines that are commonly used, as it uses DNA, rather than killed forms of the actual virus, such as in the conventional flu vaccine.

In China, in 2004, researchers successfully vaccinated people with the SARS vaccine. They found that there were very few side effects associated with the SARS vaccine. Researchers claim that an effective and approved SARS vaccine takes three to five years to produce. There is hope, therefore, that if there is another SARS outbreak in the future, the world will be well-equipped with an effective vaccine [source: SciDevNet].

If the vaccine arrived tomorrow, next week, next month yes I would agree with you.

If it's 18 months to 2 years down the road then forget it. The uptake would be no different from a flu vaccine at most and that is if there is a campaign to get people vaccinated.

SARS-1 terrified everyone and a vaccine was formulated. Here's what happened :

health.howstuffworks.com

Is there a SARS vaccine?
by HowStuffWorks.com Contributors

2-3 minutes

Between 2002 and 2003, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) infected over 8,000 people worldwide, with almost 800 deaths. As a result of this severe and highly contagious virus, researchers almost immediately started working on developing a vaccine. United States-based researchers took a portion of the SARS DNA to create the vaccine. In particular, they took the DNA of a protein that is responsible for penetrating healthy cells in humans, which causes infection. The DNA in the vaccine cannot actually cause SARS because it only contains the protein responsible for the transmission of the virus. When injected with the SARS vaccine, the body identifies this protein and attacks it. As a result, the body develops immunity to the SARS virus. Due to exposure of the virus in vaccine form, the immune system can destroy the virus in the event of infection [source: BBC News].

In 2004, U.S. researchers successfully gave a SARS vaccine to mice in a trial. The researchers later exposed these mice to the actual SARS vaccine; they found that these mice had very few virus particles in their lungs compared to mice who never received the SARS vaccine. This type of vaccine is much safer than other vaccines that are commonly used, as it uses DNA, rather than killed forms of the actual virus, such as in the conventional flu vaccine.

In China, in 2004, researchers successfully vaccinated people with the SARS vaccine. They found that there were very few side effects associated with the SARS vaccine. Researchers claim that an effective and approved SARS vaccine takes three to five years to produce. There is hope, therefore, that if there is another SARS outbreak in the future, the world will be well-equipped with an effective vaccine [source: SciDevNet].
High demand in China. After vaccine safe to eat bat again. :thumbsup:

Nice-Gook

Right now, alot of oppos leaders and parties are one dimensional. The reason is that they do not have the resources and manpower to be more than that. Unlike in other countries where oppo parties are funded by law, you do not have this here. eg. Kenneth jeyaratnam is probably better then the best economist the PAP has, and he is leader of Reform Party. Lim Tean is good for manpower and employment matters. TCB is good on foreign policies and running a govt. In fact, because he is a medical doctor for many years, he would be good on health policy. Even GMS should be good for army and military matters since he was a regular in the SAF and actually served NS. If you look at all of them as a group, you will see a Minister of Health, a Minister of Trade and Industry, A Prime Minister, etc. As a group, they can run the country. As single individuals and parties, they cannot do it. But to say they are all useless is stupid.
Why is PAP getting voted come every election despite the huge dissatisfaction in the social media ? Agreed ! certainly not due to capable men out off PAP whether opposition or not...is there some sort of rigging going on as claimed by a forummer here many moons ago ? Perhaps selectively but could not be massive like the 70% thingy ...because such a huge scale will leak for sure ...than why ? Yes ,silencing the opposition does work but that too has its limitation as witnessed in other countries with similar or worse situations ...like the Indonesia under Suharto or Malaysia under UMNO or even India under the Congress ...

Than we have the demographic profile ..why would SG wants a 75% Chinese ratio at any cost ...similarly Malaysia wanting bumi voters overwhelmingly ...but that itself is not the answer as how Malaysian Chinese overwhelmingly swung from MCA to DAP with enough Bumi voters ...or even Taiwan or HK voters behaviour ..so it may not be a racial profile too.

Than why ?

Firstly ,would the opposition be any better than PAP ? ..despite being more democratic than PAP?...and how sure are we that these oppies will stick to their manifestos ? In reality ,the recent elections in Malaysia and India proved otherwise..Both Pakatan Harapan of Malaysia and Modi of India admitted that they promised the sky thinking they will not win but they won ,yet cannot deliver even the most basic of their manifesto...so,manifestos are promises that cannot be kept.

Again we have our oppositions whose stand is based on how undemocratic PAP is ...this itself is untenable in a multi racial ,multi cultural ,multi religious society..why ? because that would lead to tyranny by the majority ..again Malaysia and India comes to mind...Malaysian majority voters wants Bumi privilages at the expense of the Chinese and Indians and Modi of India wants a Hindu nation pushing away about 300million minorities ...so a more democratic society per ce is not the solution .

Hence having the right people with the right ideas itself is not enough .

Of course I have not touch on the psyche of the voters, particularly our women folks.Remember almost 50% our voters are women and the mostly ignored lot.

tyudm

Complain n complain..
Tell us, how would u have done better Lim Tean?
Our gahmen now are doing their best for the citizens n the citizens too must also play their part by following the rules!
Don't get me wrong, I'm no die hard pap supporter but I feel that @this point in time we should all be united supporting our gahmen to get rid of covid-19.

There is no perfect country n no perfect gahmen in this world..Give them a bit of time to resolve this dormitory issue.
If u are so negative and so upset over this whole issue.. Why not do something useful to contribute instead of just being a keyboard warrior, only know how to KPKB.... Or why not go to neighbouring mudland to live there if u feel so frustrated in Sinkapor...!

i am annoyed by those assholes handling this crisis
show me where i kpkb or complain about from the beginning of my conversation with you in this particular thread,
i started off by fucking you for praising unnecessarily and prematurely which until now have not been challenged.

You don't know who i am in real person where i live and what i do
how the fuck you know what i have not contributed?
Who the fuck are you to tell me how and what i should to in order to be happy?
Why not ask your wife to come along as suggested in your sign off line?

they will never resign but the voters have an opportunity to remove them in the upcoming election. sinkies have waken up already, have the balls to do so ?

It's hard to dislodge entrenched dictators when they control the media and the judiciary.

The Taiwanese used to be like that until they finally got rid of the Chiangs. Perhaps one day Sinkies can grow/wake up and do likewise for the Lees.

It is so impossible to get a senior civil servant or junior minister.
Calling for resignation of entire government was just a waste of energy on his part.
It does not speak well of his sense of self-importance (or lack of).
If the likes of him can throw their support in background work in preparing
papers, etc without calling themselves Secretary General would be a good start.

countryman

i am annoyed by those assholes handling this crisis
show me where i kpkb or complain about from the beginning of my conversation with you in this particular thread,
i started off by fucking you for praising unnecessarily and prematurely which until now have not been challenged.

You don't know who i am in real person where i live and what i do
how the fuck you know what i have not contributed?
Who the fuck are you to tell me how and what i should to in order to be happy?
Why not ask your wife to come along as suggested in your sign off line?
I don't give 2 hoots who the fuck u are....
Who the fuck u think u are u can use profanities on anyone? Your mother taught u is it?
Poor upbringing!
U must be a loser in life...
I rest my case.

JiuHuKia

No one from your ruling or opportunity part is able to hold a candle to even the second rung ministers in Malaysia. Just look at how well Malaysia is dealing with the coronavirus in Malaysia whereas everyone in Singapore are running like headless chickens.

tyudm

I don't give 2 hoots who the fuck u are....
Who the fuck u think u are u can use profanities on anyone? Your mother taught u is it?
Poor upbringing!
U must be a loser in life...
I rest my case.
Why rest the case when it has not started? I fucked you because you sound like an idiot who suggested I go mudland with your wife.