• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life After 55

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes freemason building, one of their signs are quite obvious at the front

the wanton mee and ice kachang at old national library.. sigh

they're all gone.

Ah yes.. Methodist book room. The building next to it is the Free Mason building? I only found out long after i left ACPS. Another memory is the char kway teow stall at armenia street and the old coffee shop just outside the old national library.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes freemason building, one of their signs are quite obvious at the front

the wanton mee and ice kachang at old national library.. sigh

they're all gone.

Further down the road, opposite SJI and infront of soccer field, great makan, esp Indian rojak.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you grow older, what used to be an aunty starts to become strangely attractive.

In my case, more illness!

When I look at teenagers, reminded me of my kids wben they were teenagers and my own teenage years. Never like that before I turned 55.

When I drove past some places, brought back pleasant memories of the past. Places like Capitol cinema and Armenian St, National Library etc.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I can tell,life after 55 involves sitting around the void deck and talking mostly in dialect and probably having the most boring conversation about the dumbest shit ur senile mind can think of that u probably had for the 3600th time.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nothing remotely associated with CPF. And nothing to do with CLTP.

For bros who are 55 yrs and more, care to share what's it like?

No different from turning 35 or 45. It's just another number. Why do you ask?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing remotely associated with CPF. And nothing to do with CLTP.

For bros who are 55 yrs and more, care to share what's it like?

Fortunately still far off for me. Right now I just try to exercise daily and avoid alcohol as much as I can. Body cannot tahan too much vices anymore. Managed to get rid of my habit of social smoking which was a good thing.

Even had to cut down on bonking recently.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I can tell,life after 55 involves sitting around the void deck and talking mostly in dialect and probably having the most boring conversation about the dumbest shit ur senile mind can think of that u probably had for the 3600th time.

If you haven't invested enough $ when you were younger then that is probably the fate that awaits. For those that have done the necessary planning one is probably planning the next trip outside of Spore.

If $ is not enough can always go somewhere closer like JB

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
The small hawker ctr beside library, Stamford Rd also has the Bestest Indian rojak.
anyone knows where they are now?

yes, i do remember Van Cleef Aquarium and walking up Fort Canning. Queen Elizabeth Walk.

Yes, Capitol theatre and also Odeon.

what about Jurong drive-in?

my good old days : Rumours disco at Forum,
Ridleys at the Ana hotel,
Tuberose Ktv at Selegie...lots of digging/fingering.
and another at Clemenceau Ave, forgotten the Ktv name. Age catching up, getting senile.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately still far off for me. Right now I just try to exercise daily and avoid alcohol as much as I can. Body cannot tahan too much vices anymore. Managed to get rid of my habit of social smoking which was a good thing.

Even had to cut down on bonking recently.

Good for you. I cut down drinking after doctor's advice. Smoking same same. Bonking like bo energy liao. Sad.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The small hawker ctr beside library, Stamford Rd also has the Bestest Indian rojak.
anyone knows where they are now?

yes, i do remember Van Cleef Aquarium and walking up Fort Canning. Queen Elizabeth Walk.

Yes, Capitol theatre and also Odeon.

what about Jurong drive-in?

my good old days : Rumours disco at Forum,
Ridleys at the Ana hotel,
Tuberose Ktv at Selegie...lots of digging/fingering.
and another at Clemenceau Ave, forgotten the Ktv name. Age catching up, getting senile.

Btw, Tuberose still going strong at same place. Mamasan PR already. Lots of action.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you hit 55, you'll be searching for this thread!

35 or 45 was happy-go-lucky for me. Once past 55, feeling is different. You need to be there to know.

I think once a person starts to keep thinking about the past, and saying things about the past, even not 55 already fall into this category you mentioned. Some people starts at 35, some 40, some later at 55, some even at 55 still happy go lucky and try lots of new and challenging things.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone knows where they are now?....

Can find one of the rojak stalls at the Albert Centre Market and Foodcourt across OG . There is a row of muslim food stalls & they are the 1st stall,