• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Made Bad Jokes Abt China

tewnmgh67

LHL is against Singaporeans

LHL is against China in Washington.

Will LHL be against USA in Beijing?

kanninabu chiby, what an unbecoming joke which was circulated in China internet, by the Prime Minister of Singapore!!!!!
Don't have to bend so low what!
Tony Tan is in Burma to help US to "contain" China, LHL there to offer ah gua handshake and noe such sick joke.
I am ashamed to be sinkie!!

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree totally.

As a leader and statesman, he has just committed a major faux-pas. I can imagine the MFA staff are probably getting ready excuses in case China files a protest. I cannot imagine what he was thinking when he decided to act as a stand up comic. He is a state leader for goodness sake. Perhaps he is trying too hard to be friendly with the Americans? I hope that this was actually written in his speech by his speech writers so he has an excuse to fire them.

If he is so miserable at being a statesman, I can only wonder if he is really running his cabinet.

as i said before..the chinese can joke abt themselves..but as an outsider and a diplomat, u dont joke abt them like that..that's statesmanship

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot imagine what he was thinking when he decided to act as a stand up comic. He is a state leader for goodness sake.

it's ok for state leaders to play stand up comedians once a while. but it would be more appropriate for them to joke about their home states than foreign countries. he could have justified his high pay by saying "my pay is reflective of the budget surplus we keep having year after year in sg, unlike the trillion dollar deficits you keep having yet pay yourselves with raises." *rolls his eyes while saying that* :rolleyes: :p :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows that he lives a sheltered life and does not realise how politically incorrect he is.

LHL is trying to be "pally" with the yankees. Not sure if it was intended, but i imagine it has become publoc lnpwledge which side we have chosen to support.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows that he lives a sheltered life and does not realise how politically incorrect he is.

It may be so but i bet he won't feel awkward when meeting with his chinese counterparts. Blissfully unaware he is. Envious i am because no one would presume to tick him off publicly. Other than julia gillard of course. Democracies, too often are they a capricious collection of personalities.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he angry with China? Politicians make jokes about themselves (to be seen as self effacing) or their opponents (to whack them).

Maybe lhl think that sinkapore is more powerful than China ? Or like little bullies, they are jeering while hiding behind big bully until they get whacked ? Or a fawning idiot trying his best to please ?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the members of the old guard (and not referring to wooden and his motley crew) slowly either died or retired, things became worse and worse.
It's gettting clearer and clearer by the day who the guy with the least contribution is. The clue is that he stayed on.
You might even argue his contributions went into the negative as time went on.
The most scary part is that there are people who have inherited or developed many of his traits.

it is quite clear that LKY went into negative during his twilight years. Calling Singaporeans daft, lazy and advocating the infux of cheap foreign labour show how out of touch he is. His mind must have gone bonkers to think that Singaporeans are lazy and lousy and that the way to economic growth is through input of cheap labour. He must have failed economics!

The tragedy is that the new pap leaders went along with LKY's negative thoughts. And that's why Singaporeans must hold LKY and the new PAP leaders accountable and responsible for the present bad situation in SG

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In about end 1980s, that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY engineered the enbloc resignations of the old guards so that his LHL and the new guards could come in.
Those new guards are GCT known that time to be a balless and gutless parasitic worm from LKY backside hole, WKS and a whole bunch of cockroaches, collectively with even less balls than GCT, who cared only for themselves and greedy and slimy beyond belief then.

All the grandiose talk of LKY in earlier days of democracy and rights of man was nothing but whitewash of his black stinking heart to be rich and powerful for only himself and his family and crushing utterly anyone who stood up against him.

I knew many of the old guards. Never liked what they did then , but I respected them for their integrity. TCC and a few more of the old guards knew me very well.

Man! DID THEY CURSED LKY FOR BEING A FUCKING DICTATOR, AND FORCING ALL OF THEM OUT.

SINKIES WERE SO FUCKING MESMERISED BY THAT BASTARD OLD MAN THAT THEY SAID NO POINT TO TRY TO FIGHT LKY AS SINKIES DID NOT STAND BY THEM.

I COULD NOT BLAME THE OLD GUARDS AT ALL WHEN THEY WERE PAID OFF TO GO AWAY QUIETLY. SINKIES DID NOT EVEN STAND BY THEM TO FIGHT LKY AS WHAT THEY TOLD ME.

So sinkies got what they fucking deserved, screwed and fucked by that old man and billions upon billions taken from them.

Thanks for an insider view of history.

It is clear that LKY surrounds himself with yes-men who are willing to wield the hatchet for him for a good career.

I hv no respect for the new pap leaders

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kanninabu chiby, what an unbecoming joke which was circulated in China internet, by the Prime Minister of Singapore!!!!!
Don't have to bend so low what!
Tony Tan is in Burma to help US to "contain" China, LHL there to offer ah gua handshake and noe such sick joke.
I am ashamed to be sinkie!!

LHL is no statesman. he is a diplomatic disaster.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree totally.

As a leader and statesman, he has just committed a major faux-pas. I can imagine the MFA staff are probably getting ready excuses in case China files a protest. I cannot imagine what he was thinking when he decided to act as a stand up comic. He is a state leader for goodness sake. Perhaps he is trying too hard to be friendly with the Americans? I hope that this was actually written in his speech by his speech writers so he has an excuse to fire them.

If he is so miserable at being a statesman, I can only wonder if he is really running his cabinet.

To be friendly to USA, China, Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia , etc...is his job and good statesmanship. Indeed he must dislpay graciousness, intellect, humour and fun.

But his jokes abt China, made in USA, are disastrous. Not even a school kid will do what he did

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's ok for state leaders to play stand up comedians once a while. but it would be more appropriate for them to joke about their home states than foreign countries. he could have justified his high pay by saying "my pay is reflective of the budget surplus we keep having year after year in sg, unlike the trillion dollar deficits you keep having yet pay yourselves with raises." *rolls his eyes while saying that* :rolleyes: :p :biggrin:

that wld be great...joke abt himself lightens the mood and endears him to the hosts...but to joke abt another country? goshh!!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is trying to be "pally" with the yankees. Not sure if it was intended, but i imagine it has become publoc lnpwledge which side we have chosen to support.

yes..it's clear and our neighbours know it and have often voiced their unhappiness

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes..sheltered and he lacks EQ. his brother is quite different...LHY can be playfula nd witty without being irrelevant.

both from same family, same upbringing and same sheltered life. But one proves to lack EQ completely and is a social and political disaster

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be so but i bet he won't feel awkward when meeting with his chinese counterparts. Blissfully unaware he is. Envious i am because no one would presume to tick him off publicly. Other than julia gillard of course. Democracies, too often are they a capricious collection of personalities.

LHL is so used to be buttered and flattered by yes-men that he has lost his discerning skills when he meets with foreign dignitaries

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe lhl think that sinkapore is more powerful than China ? Or like little bullies, they are jeering while hiding behind big bully until they get whacked ? Or a fawning idiot trying his best to please ?

LHL is all of what you said.

When China and Russia stars shine and USA dims, SG will be in trouble. China, Malaysia, Indonesia are just waiting for that day..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the Chinese diplomats can appear cheerful, welcoming and shake with their right hands. but what they carry on their left hands is the worry. LHL is blissfully naive