• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Levis, a forgotten brand?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3/4 Bermudas is for neighbourhood coffeeshops and hawker centres within walking distances, and perhaps at tourist resorts. When I really go out to town, I'd be dressed respectably and presentably enough to enter any 5-star hotel without being questioned.

Lor maak is a Thai term applicable to seriously handsome men such as me only. You go back to the queue wait long long.
You call this confidence instead of 自恋狂? :eek::eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Levi's is well-stocked at Walmart and other big retailers. They also have specialty Levi's outlets across North America. Their strength is in the "working man's jeans" and the main competitior is Wrangler, both are doing well because they are quality products that last long. Wrangler sells for less because it is considered a no-frills jean (no back pocket stitches.)

Against the "designer" brands, Levi's is drowning in a sea of competitors since the days of Texwood and Jordache (no more already I think) and a continuous wave of newbies. This is not their strong area as youth today think of Levi's as "the jeans my daddy wore."

Other than some Singaporeans and a handful of idiots elsewhere, no one would pay more than fifty bucks for a pair of jeans. They're just jeans.

Cheers!

Back in my time, it was every school boy dream was to own a pair of Levis Denim Jeans ( flare, if you would remember), Texwood, Wrangler, Jordache or even Lee is seen as no class.

Of course you could get imitation Levis at Peninsular shopping centre, the jeans 'mecca' or Queensway shopping..of course the 'OB cha cha' ( the ah beng of our my time) wear even cheaper jeans.

I don't own so many pairs but a pair of two of Levis...must be in the crowd! & I think a few pairs of Lee Brush denim jeans..in brown, black & ?

To own a pair of REAL Levis, was the wahhh! of the day...now, LEVIS?, doesn't ring any bell!:p

Steve111

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats whats wrong with you young ignorant brat, everyone must SERVE you with facts on a plate. people tell you something, go and find out and decide yourself. anyway i know what im talking about and where im coming from. even investigator ramseth also thought they are big, maybe he got the info from wiki. :biggrin:

go ask those business man in fashion and long enough they will tell you the story. levis is only big in asia but not US. almost wind up in the 90's, luckily got overseas sales tahan.

Sorry we made you eat crow. Stop trying to defend you assertion that Levi's "Exited US market" without proper facts to back it up.

There're two Cantonese sayings apt for you.

1) 识少少,扮代表
2) 死鸡撑饭盖

Come back and ask if you don't know what they mean.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You might get away from washing jeans in temperate climates but not in the tropics. With the humidity & sweat you'll probably be a very odouress person:smile:

The problem with jeans is that the material is too thick. When you are washing it, it's difficult to hand wash or dry.

Nowadays I like those comfortable hiking pants made of nylon, cool & quick drying pants. My favourite is the brand by Royal Robbins brand, unfortunately they're no longer available locally anymore :(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it fits my mind, it fits my soul, it fits my generation ...

<div align="center"><embed id="amta15" src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/69601502/842de99e" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="420" height="250"><br>

Z

Zombie

An increase in revenues, but Net Income has decreased wor....

• Net income was $28 million in the quarter, negatively impacted by a higher effective tax rate. The higher tax rate is driven by the company’s likely inability to receive future tax benefits from net losses in Japan.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have had all of them, Texwood, Wrangler, Levis. But not Jordache. Still wear Levis. When I was younger used to wear them so much I always wore a hole in the crotch area. Dun know why, must have a big package or something.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have had all of them, Texwood, Wrangler, Levis. But not Jordache. Still wear Levis. When I was younger used to wear them so much I always wore a hole in the crotch area. Dun know why, must have a bog package or something.

MJ must have copied you, holding up & scratching the crotch area, that is why you made a hole at the crotch area...usuallly it is the back pockets..where most people put their keys there..maybe you have the 'keys' to you future generation, you hold so dearly...that maketh a hole...:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys young enough will remember this JEANS song by David Dundas, "Jeans On", now he is LORD David Dundas..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_David_Dundas

I am still putting my blue jeans on...
<br>
<br>
<div align="center"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmJ3Lo4FBQw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"><br>
<br>