• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Letter of Apology to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong « Editorial « TR EMERITUS"

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/22/letter-of-apology-to-pm-lee-hsien-loong/

On 19th Feb 2012, TR Emeritus (TRE) through our Singapore-based editor, was served with a Letter of Demand from law firm Drew & Napier, acting for Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

The letter said that on or about 16th Feb 2012, TRE published or caused to be published on TR Emeritus website, an opinion piece entitled “PAP-government is full of ironies” by a contributor. The article, as well as a number of associated comments, contained words that are defamatory:

“… you always publicise yourself as a clean government with no visible cronyism. There are 10,001 examples that this is absolute crap, but let me just bring up the most obvious one. ts there no person better than Ho Ching in Singapore? Has she brought in extraordinary level of profits every year for Temasek Holdings? Who else in the world has a woman as a chief of sovereign fund or head of investment company? I am not sexist. When HP appointed Carly Fiorina as HP’s CEO, I was cheering for her! Though she did not manage to turn the company around, but I think she made a lot of women proud. My question is, how come someone like Mr Koh Boon Hwee has not been given this position? You mean to tell me Ho Ching is better than Mr Koh? I know of only ONE thing that she does better than Mr Koh.”

It also said that the allegations (above) in the opinion piece by the contributor are false and baseless, ”Mdm Ho Ching was appointed on merit and through proper process.”

Additionally, Messer Drew & Napier was kind enough to provide TRE with information pertaining to the appointment of Mdm Ho Ching, which showed that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was not involved in the decision making process. As a matter of fact, Mr Lee was against the idea from the onset.

In light of the information made available to TRE, we would like to offer our sincere apology to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

APOLOGY
1. On or about 16 February 2012, we published on this website, TR Emeritus, an article entitled “PAP-government is full of ironies“ (the “Article”). The Article, and the comments in response to the Article, was available at http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/16/pap-government-is-full-*of-ironies/.

2. We recognise that the Article meant or was understood to mean that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had secured, or was instrumental in securing, the appointment of his wife, Mdm Ho Ching, as the Chief Executive Officer of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited for nepotistic motives.

3. We admit and acknowledge that this allegation is false and completely without foundation. We unreservedly apologise to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong for the distress and embarrassment caused to him by this allegation.

4. We have removed the Article and the comments in response to the Article and undertake not to make any further allegation to the same or similar effect.

Richard Wan
for TR Emeritus
* We wish to remind our readers and contributors again to please refrain from intentionally using language that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive and/or discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, disability, etc.

** Also, in view of the fact that the allegations as mentioned in the opinion piece by the contributor are false and baseless, we would like to advise TRE readers to refrain from making such comments about Mdm Ho Ching with regard to her appointment in Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited. Any such allegations put up by anyone on TRE will be deleted.

Last edited:

maikonglanjiaowei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only such thing brushed with PM of a country and PM give lawyer letter. It is embarrassing. FTs will go back and tell their countrymen and laugh at it. I laugh first, don't mind ....... hehehehehe.

If in USA Obama become President he appoints his wife to be Treasury or NYE chief and don't expect no gossips to happen? Come on! mia kong lanjiao wei.

Lately Obama wife did 25 push ups in a talk show and she gave credentials to her husband. In this Sammy boy nicks 'ups your points' to another nicks to give credit to the nick response.

In any gahments a State high office appointment holder should not appoint his/her spouse/children/next of kins to areas where especially 'State money' are concerned and money belonged to the public used for investments. Nothing to do with merits, capablility even though he/she maybe the best person in the world money can buy. In a nutshell 'cut the craps'. He/she should be better off to work in the private sectors (not to prove to others) but not to invite gossips.

This is a lesson to learn for both parties, not just the defendant. Such gossips are not good for the country when it has happened to the highest State office holder PM or President of the country. Now the PM has opened a can of worms and it is not going to stop here but more cans of worms will be opened.

Singaporeans has spread their wings and now there is oversea Singaporeans which the gahment has to deal with. Issuing lawyer letter to silence critics will embarassed the local Singaporeans and overseas Singaporeans living abroad.

Give and take and the PM will get more credits 'ups his points' when he can just rebut the gossips, and it is finished, and move on, then merely issue lawyer letter to critics with his childish behaviour (like father like son is it?).

A State appointment holder should engaged his spouse to involved in activities to add values and credentials to his appointment, and stay away from places where she recieved big income and bonuses. PM spouse should involved more with charity works, medical science, attend sports and educations to 'ups her husband points' like one nick did to other nicks 'I ups your points'.

The PM pays should be enough to feed his family, educated his children well and retire with fat pension till the day he up lorry. Does the spouse need to work with an income to support his family? 'Come off it' - quoted Devan Nair.

This another apology to a PM will gone viral round the world and Singaporeans are embarassed. Just came into office and one angmoh laugh at it, I am embarassed!

Why need to apologise? No need says the angmoh kau, just take the PM on. This is not criminal case and no one goes to jail just lose money only.

No worries oversea Singaporeans will chip in money to fight a good cause. When Japan invaded China it was the Overseas Chinese 华侨人 poured in monies to fund the fight against the Jap invasion. Time has changed and there are local Singaporeans and there are oversea Singaporeans (FTs in other countries). They will send in monies to fight a good cause for the betterment of their motherland if she is intimidated, threaten, invaded and colonized by dictator or invasionist.

Like what I have said, let's go viral ................................................ hehehehehe.

Ups my points, anyone!

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/02/22/letter-of-apology-to-pm-lee-hsien-loong/

** Also, in view of the fact that the allegations as mentioned in the opinion piece by the contributor are false and baseless, we would like to advise TRE readers to refrain from making such comments about Mdm Ho Ching with regard to her appointment in Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited. Any such allegations put up by anyone on TRE will be deleted.[/I]

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apology doesn't mean the allegation is not true. Apology letter is another form of telling LHL to shut up and let us continue to believe what was said is true. Apology is like LHL asking for it, and it was given, just that.