• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's be fair, say something positive about Filipinos!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Not For The Malays In Phil

Had I ever mentioned that I walked out of a cancer test in the ultra sound department of Changi General Hospital because the pair of Filipinos technicians, male and female were in the darkened examination room for more than 15 minutes after the departure of the last patient doing in God's name what?:oIo:

They took the opportunity to examine each other..??? :confused:

Bro Debonerman, How's the result of your cancer test then..?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

They took the opportunity to examine each other..??? :confused:

Bro Debonerman, How's the result of your cancer test then..?

I did not take the test despite CGH offering an alternate appointment. The growth does not seem to have enlarged. That incident was two years ago. Hell, I've gone pass the half century mark. Longer than my Dad. I take every new day as a bonus! Like most sinkies, I can't afford treatment. The funeral expenses, I can cover. Thanks for the concern Bro.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I did not take the test despite CGH offering an alternate appointment. The growth does not seem to have enlarged. That incident was two years ago. Hell, I've gone pass the half century mark. Longer than my Dad. I take every new day as a bonus! Like most sinkies, I can't afford treatment. The funeral expenses, I can cover. Thanks for the concern Bro.

Inform us when you have crossed over, post on sammyboy, the location, we go pay you respect! (:- Enjoy your life to the fullest...!:biggrin:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily the majority are the masters - and they are called "Sir" and "Mum" by the FTs.

Huh, you didn't see many Filipinos who are not maids? During the time when Filipinos were just maids, no Singaporeans complained about them. Now, they are everywhere - in the shops as sales/cashiers/shop manager, in restaurants as waitress/captain/manager, hospitals as doctors/nurse/pharmacists/lab/radiologist etc, interior and architectual firms (reported by one forummer). Personally, I see them in large numbers in my ex-firm (an IT company) as IT programmers, technical support, customer service exec, marketing exec, legal assistant. In short, all jobs that Singaporeans can do and they don't call "sir" and "mum" anymore!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The balut? Cannot understand how they can enjoy it but apparently they do. One thing I had which was common in the old days was a dish which is soupy and lots of conical shells with the sharp ends broken off. You have to suck the meat off the shells.

Another dish I had was in Cebu which was several large leaves coated with white sugar and baked.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget they are fellow human beings too. They are probably the only people I've encountered with no body odour. Personal hygiene must be an important part of their culture. And off course they are very polite!:smile: That said, I will still never forgive Rachelle Ann Beguai. Not with the effects of old injuries sustained during NS!

lianbeng replies debonerman, "most filipinos are dark-skinned, hard to find fair ones leh.":biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh, you didn't see many Filipinos who are not maids? During the time when Filipinos were just maids, no Singaporeans complained about them. Now, they are everywhere - in the shops as sales/cashiers/shop manager, in restaurants as waitress/captain/manager, hospitals as doctors/nurse/pharmacists/lab/radiologist etc, interior and architectual firms (reported by one forummer). Personally, I see them in large numbers in my ex-firm (an IT company) as IT programmers, technical support, customer service exec, marketing exec, legal assistant. In short, all jobs that Singaporeans can do and they don't call "sir" and "mum" anymore!

Notwithstanding their jobs - from Maids to Doctors - they still address me as "sir" leh! I go hospital, the nurses addressed me as "sir" in their sing-song voice, the doctor says "sir" you must take your medicine, in the office they still address the same leh. The customer service still called me on the phone and said "Good morning, sir!" How come? I am no towkay nor white horse - just remain what I am and respect the Pinoys and Pinays for their jobs.

May be they take you as a small boy, or may be you did not carry yourself well? As I have said, we are the master, also their pay master, act as one. When I was staying in USA, I noticed that the Americans will respect you if you know and stand up for your rights. The Filipinos, being colonised by the US, have that type of thinking as well. They dare not bully you if you stand up to them.

Remember the Flor Contemplacion case? We just hanged her for murder - the Filipinos may KPKB and burn our flag, call us name, pray to Mary and Jesus, and threaten us with this and that - but they still send their maids here, they still host our squadrons of combat planes, they still flock to Lucky Plaza to shop or open shops. We stood firm, and they back down! They turned against their government instead. Many years later, Flor's three children were sentenced to life imprisonments for drug trafficking - so were her husband and live in partner. Singapore was proven right.

Same with Michael Fay - just rotan him for vandalism even when President Clinton pleaded and intervened. Many years later, Clinton joked to President Nathan that Michael should haved received all the 6 strokes because the adult Fay was still a delinquent in the US! Singapore was proven right again. The American trust us enough to send their nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to Changi Naval Base.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No so! some are fair-skin!

Like Katya Santos

maui_katya_andrea_fhm.jpg

katya+santos+%2811%29.jpg

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be they take you as a small boy, or may be you did not carry yourself well? As I have said, we are the master, also their pay master, act as one. When I was staying in USA, I noticed that the Americans will respect you if you know and stand up for your rights. The Filipinos, being colonised by the US, have that type of thinking as well. They dare not bully you if you stand up to them.

Heard from another forummer that you're a woman, how you carry yourself so well until Pinoys call you "Sir"?

Which part of my post say I allow Pinoys or anyone to bully me? My point is they are not maids and don't go round calling Mum. Colleagues will just call you by name. Have you ever worked with one?

Btw I don't hire maids and don't need to stay in USA to know that you need to be firm with angmo, if not they trample all over you.

Oh yeah, about the two cases, do you not know they happened during the time when Singapore was still a good place and everyone was proud to be Singaporeans. Not now.

Last edited:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont' know why you people hate pinoys. They came from a land of a thousand islands with typhoons, earthquakes and volcanoes, one disaster after another. Being islanders isolated from one another, these people ended inbred until the Spaniards came along. Then its 500 years in the convent with all the catholic stuff like sex without birth control. The Americans came and its next 100 years in the whorehouse. Pinoys are polite and not treacherous like the curry lovers, they brush their teeth after which makes the gals so kissable. If you kena hospitalized the next best thing in heavan is to be gently sponged bath by Pinas nurse with their gentle loving hands. Definitely fall in love one. Although Catholic they are not the obsessed type. Very willing to have your babies. Prefer Chinese which is why they have tycoons with 'short surnames'. Only good comes out from it, at least help raise their IQ level.