• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the driving . It is the 'jamming'. Do tell us that is is hardly a big deal when you have done it for a couple of months.

It is a great deal to a lot of people out here.

All the best anyway. :smile:

We done it for 3 months now. Nothing shocking. Or moan about. Get on with it. I'm from Europe as well, this is normal for us. I don't think you can live anywhere else except Singapore. Even AYE can take at least 40mins to travel from Jurong to CBD area vice versa in a bad day.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
We done it for 3 months now. Nothing shocking. Or moan about. Get on with it. I'm from Europe as well, this is normal for us. I don't think you can live anywhere else except Singapore. Even AYE can take at least 40mins to travel from Jurong to CBD area vice versa in a bad day.

Hi Daydreamer, thanks for sharing to leave for work at 6.15am and reaching home at 9.30pm-10pm.
I do agree that it's got a lot to do with managing one's expectation and also adjusting one's lifestyle.
Nice to know that you are used to it now.
What time do you leave office to get home at 9.30pm?

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Daydreamer, thanks for sharing to leave for work at 6.15am and reaching home at 9.30pm-10pm.
I do agree that it's got a lot to do with managing one's expectation and also adjusting one's lifestyle.
Nice to know that you are used to it now.
What time do you leave office to get home at 9.30pm?

Well Market. Sad to say that my line of work are unpredictable in terms of knock off time. Good day 6:30pm on the dot reach home around 8pm. If you leave at about 8pm you should be able to reach home by 9:30pm. I left the office by 7:30pm last night reach home by 8:50pm, both side of the border are ease. Friday is exceptional though.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi 8 am leave Leisure Farm and reach Shenton Way before 9am???

Impossible now. When I was staying in Iskandar, Ujana condo is just starting construction and I leave 8am and reach my workplace about 9am. Those were the happier time without jam.
As more Q-cutter migrate to Tuas checkpoint, the jam became intolerably bad and I realize my kids are not enjoying life during weekdays. 5 days of torture followed by 2 days of weekends happiness in a "big" house. I worry more for their spines.. Imagine up to 5 hours seated sleeping!

Not that I am complaining. I walk 2 hours daily for over 10 years when I was a boy. Primary 1 2nd day of school onwards I had to walk a few km to school with a 10kg bag till the day. But I don't think the kids of today need to go thru what I have experienced.

When I check the online cam now I felt so glad that I made a right decision to go to my Malaysia weekend home only Fridays and back to Spore on Mondays.

You need to get the most up to date
We have friends living in LF and they leave LF at around 8am in a morning and get to Shenton way before 9am.
As for Changi, I don't need to be there at 8am, I have a flexible routine so I can arrive 9-10am. We already live in Woodlands so the commute is quite long anyway, adding another 20-30 mins from LF is hardly a big deal. We are both Europeans so driving an hour to work each way is not unusual for us.
The benefits of living in a big house, lots of space, nice neighbours, peace and quiet, nice surroundings and being affordable makes it worthwhile.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi 8 am leave Leisure Farm and reach Shenton Way before 9am???

Impossible now. When I was staying in Iskandar, Ujana condo is just starting construction and I leave 8am and reach my workplace about 9am. Those were the happier time without jam.
As more Q-cutter migrate to Tuas checkpoint, the jam became intolerably bad and I realize my kids are not enjoying life during weekdays. 5 days of torture followed by 2 days of weekends happiness in a "big" house. I worry more for their spines.. Imagine up to 5 hours seated sleeping!

Not that I am complaining. I walk 2 hours daily for over 10 years when I was a boy. Primary 1 2nd day of school onwards I had to walk a few km to school with a 10kg bag till the day. But I don't think the kids of today need to go thru what I have experienced.

When I check the online cam now I felt so glad that I made a right decision to go to my Malaysia weekend home only Fridays and back to Spore on Mondays.

You need to get the most up to date

Sound like you not much of a problem solver.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal

My kids are enrolled in to Marlborough college which is no more than 30 mins (at worst) drive from LF, so their travel time will shorten to what they do at the moment in SG :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm ...so it is no big deal for the people from Europe to travel 3 to 4 hours to work each day?

So it is normal for people from Europe to wake up at 330 am to beat the jams at the customs ?

Wow.. sounds like people from Europe can solve problems well too. LOlz

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I solved my problems by selling away my houses in Iskandar and buying more. And my current house is just 30 step walk from my kids schools. Monday to Friday is relaxed mode

When you got no kids, travelling 3 hours to and 3 hours back is no big deal. I used to WALK across the causeway daily at 2am ( old one ) and I find it ok. When u got kids, things get different

Sound like you not much of a problem solver.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got the news of the signing of agreement between UEM Sunrise. and Mulpha to develop three set of roads in the Gelang Patah/Gerbang Nusajaya area.
Road from Gelang Patah to Leisure Farm will be expanded into a double lane/dual direction road. There will be a new three lane/dual direction road as well (I think that will likely link to the new developments at Gerbang Nusajaya). And the upgrading of the road from Leisure Farm to Link Dua. Completion for Leisure Farm road to Gelang Patah and Link Dua targeted for Dec 2016. New triple lane road for 2017/18. This is also related to the interchange from NS highway into Leisure Farm. Looks like Mulpha has reached an agreement with the authorities after a long delay with this collaboration with UEM Sunrise.
Bodes well for Leisure Farmers and the surrounding developments.
I am happy to know that my earlier concern about traffic has now found a solution. Should be a big positive for Leisure Farm and their phase II launch of Bayou Creek and auction of land parcels as well.

Michaelyen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all i agree that even Singapore roads are getting clogged up nowadays if you compare with years ago.
Not to mention if there is an accident occuring in 1 lane during peak hours.
Just this last monday at 830am, i checked LTA viewcam and found woodlands checkpoint to be clear. I happily set off from my home in Bukit timah and went smack to a massive jam at BKE. Took a detour out to Bukit panjang and also crawling all the way to woodlands road !
Part of the reason was the MRT construction.
By the time i reach woodlands chkpoint at the singapore side, it was 10am ! 1.5 hrs to cover about 10km.
After i passed the malaysia CIQ, it was only 20mins to reach LF.
What a day it was. I regretted didnt take the Tuas link .

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I solved my problems by selling away my houses in Iskandar and buying more. And my current house is just 30 step walk from my kids schools. Monday to Friday is relaxed mode

When you got no kids, travelling 3 hours to and 3 hours back is no big deal. I used to WALK across the causeway daily at 2am ( old one ) and I find it ok. When u got kids, things get different

I've got kids. Just like Pioneer123, I send them to Marlborough. Problem solved. Why on earth do you want send your children to Singapore school while living in Malaysia. It's a no brainer really.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the variety of responses here over the past few days, I am heartened to know of the different mixes of the resident community in LF/Bayou Creek.
Quite an international/Malaysian/Singapore crowd.
It's always good to have diversity in the community. Makes it more interesting.
There will always be folks who are comfortable with the long commute to work and those who would make Bayou Creek their weekend homes.
To each their own.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF will be shown on channel news Asia later or early next month

UEM Sunrise, Mulpha undertake RM107m deal

KUALA LUMPUR: Property developers, UEM Sunrise Bhd and Mulpha International Bhd, have joined hands in undertaking a RM107 million project to build three sets of roadworks in Iskandar Malaysia.

"The project may not be significant in value terms but it is a milestone for both companies working together for the first time.

"It will boost the accessibility in Nusajaya," said UEM Sunrise executive director Datuk Izzaddin Idris during a collaboration signing ceremony between the two companies here today.

The roadworks, spanning a total of 8.3 kilometres, will be completed in phases by December 2018.

The project is aimed at creating and upgrading roads in Gelang Patah and Gerbang Nusajaya to jointly serve the growing population there.

The cooperation comes as both companies seek to boost the appeal of their respective developments in Iskandar Malaysia which is close to each other -- UEM

Sunrise's Gerbang Nusajaya and Mulpha's Leisure Farm Resort.

UEM Sunrise said last month it was targeting a 20 per cent increase in revenue growth this year, as demand was encouraging for its flagship developments in Iskandar.

It aimed to make a foray into Indonesia with high-end condominium developments after having a presence in Singapore, Melbourne and Vancouver.

Mulpha, meanwhile, has expanded into Vietnam and Australia. -- Bernama

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm ...so it is no big deal for the people from Europe to travel 3 to 4 hours to work each day?

So it is normal for people from Europe to wake up at 330 am to beat the jams at the customs ?

Wow.. sounds like people from Europe can solve problems well too. LOlz

Thats the Asian mentally. Beat the traffic. Think creatively my friend.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, we are sporeans. If we are expats, I would send my kids to Marlborough college though even though the fee is 200 times more than spore govt sch per month. Err.. if I spend like S$2000 to enrol my kid in Marlborough, that would be much more expensive and I don't think I can afford that as we are middle income families.

I've got kids. Just like Pioneer123, I send them to Marlborough. Problem solved. Why on earth do you want send your children to Singapore school while living in Malaysia. It's a no brainer really.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn this sound so familiar. I was struck in the same horrible jam like you in BKE on Monday after leaving my house in Bukit Timah. I thought the jam was so serious that I exited Bukit Panjang. Basket. Its worse and I was jammed from 815am to 945am all the way to Woodlands Road and near the Singapore zoo

Hi all i agree that even Singapore roads are getting clogged up nowadays if you compare with years ago.
Not to mention if there is an accident occuring in 1 lane during peak hours.
Just this last monday at 830am, i checked LTA viewcam and found woodlands checkpoint to be clear. I happily set off from my home in Bukit timah and went smack to a massive jam at BKE. Took a detour out to Bukit panjang and also crawling all the way to woodlands road !
Part of the reason was the MRT construction.
By the time i reach woodlands chkpoint at the singapore side, it was 10am ! 1.5 hrs to cover about 10km.
After i passed the malaysia CIQ, it was only 20mins to reach LF.
What a day it was. I regretted didnt take the Tuas link .

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remembering Anton Casey's 'poor people' comment.

Take heed.

Those loads of people on bikes, buses and cars crossing the causeway and second link daily are neither poor problem solvers nor with a low sense of creativity.

"Those who have done well in life should always be looking out for others - especially the less well-off or needy. It is basic human decency. Instead Mr Casey showed contempt. Having money and a Porsche, does not automatically mean that one is superior. Character is important." -K Shanmugam Sc

http://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.sg/2014/01/expat-anton-casey-apologises-for-poor.html

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, the roads in JB are also full of vehicles. Just try driving around the more popular areas with makan places and shopping malls.

Of course the road leading to LF won't be jammed lah.