• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree that the daily routine going to CBD and back seems like a daunting task.
Anyone's who already doing it on this thread? How much time should one set aside each way assuming on needs to reach at 8am and leaves office at 7pm-8pm?

We already have friends in LF that commute daily to Shenton way and they do it in under an hour and get into the office for 9am, so seems where there's a will there's a way as they say.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 3-4 years back, driving from Bukit Indah to AMK I can leave Tea Garden after my morning breakfast and coffee @ 8am ( peak hour ) and reach AMK office slightly after 9am. Most of the jam, about 90% of the time is contributed to PIE Singapore. Tuas got no jam and its unheard off.

For you to reach Changi @ 8am, you better leave at 5am because the jam at Tuas starts from 5am nowadays. I try that a few times last week. Still got to wait for at least a few cars in front of me in Malaysia.. and Singapore custom @ 445am. I woke up 4am

I do agree that the daily routine going to CBD and back seems like a daunting task.
Anyone's who already doing it on this thread? How much time should one set aside each way assuming on needs to reach at 8am and leaves office at 7pm-8pm?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Wake up at 4 am on a daily basis is pretty tough but least for me. And by the time you get back roughly what time would it be?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
They really need to improve the transport links.

I doubt the HSR can resolve this issue especially if the ticket prices are too high.

For me Leisure farm is more for a weekend home to get away..

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

You need to leave the door by 6:15am should be able to reach CBD area. You might get home about 9:30-10:30pm. It's not for everyone, especially Singaporean get use to the short commute. We get use to 2hrs commute each way where I come from very norm. Don't really bother us.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 3-4 years back, driving from Bukit Indah to AMK I can leave Tea Garden after my morning breakfast and coffee @ 8am ( peak hour ) and reach AMK office slightly after 9am. Most of the jam, about 90% of the time is contributed to PIE Singapore. Tuas got no jam and its unheard off.

For you to reach Changi @ 8am, you better leave at 5am because the jam at Tuas starts from 5am nowadays. I try that a few times last week. Still got to wait for at least a few cars in front of me in Malaysia.. and Singapore custom @ 445am. I woke up 4am

We have friends living in LF and they leave LF at around 8am in a morning and get to Shenton way before 9am.
As for Changi, I don't need to be there at 8am, I have a flexible routine so I can arrive 9-10am. We already live in Woodlands so the commute is quite long anyway, adding another 20-30 mins from LF is hardly a big deal. We are both Europeans so driving an hour to work each way is not unusual for us.
The benefits of living in a big house, lots of space, nice neighbours, peace and quiet, nice surroundings and being affordable makes it worthwhile.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, 2hrs+ daily is okay while 4hrs is not. This is downgrading the quality of living.

Really? Downgrading? Hmm... Move from an old banger and a small apartment to 2 flashy cars and a big house. I wouldn't argue about the compromise really.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
They really need to improve the transport links.

I doubt the HSR can resolve this issue especially if the ticket prices are too high.

For me Leisure farm is more for a weekend home to get away..

HSR doesn't benefit NJ that much. it's an expensive express train to KL. ticket prices high is one thing. freqeucny is another. it won't be going every 10 mins. likely interval of 2 hours, 6am, 8am, 10am etc.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
For us yes, we already live in the north of SG so its already (sometimes) best part of an hour to drive to work so adding another 20 minutes is no drama. We are both from Europe so driving a fair distance to work is no big deal for us. Having a big house, with space and peace and quiet and bungalow living makes it worth it compared to staying in a condo. Also we have small kids and we want to be close to the ground for obvious reasons.
Anyway only one way to find out if its truly worth it, but we have a mindset of making it work.

Now I just need to find some ID / Reno people who come recommended.

Yup. All the best. It is the right attitude to have. In terms of living it is definitely better compare to singapore condo.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have friends living in LF and they leave LF at around 8am in a morning and get to Shenton way before 9am.
As for Changi, I don't need to be there at 8am, I have a flexible routine so I can arrive 9-10am. We already live in Woodlands so the commute is quite long anyway, adding another 20-30 mins from LF is hardly a big deal. We are both Europeans so driving an hour to work each way is not unusual for us.
The benefits of living in a big house, lots of space, nice neighbours, peace and quiet, nice surroundings and being affordable makes it worthwhile.

It is not the driving . It is the 'jamming'. Do tell us that is is hardly a big deal when you have done it for a couple of months.

It is a great deal to a lot of people out here.

All the best anyway. :smile:

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the driving . It is the 'jamming'. Do tell us that is is hardly a big deal when you have done it for a couple of months.

It is a great deal to a lot of people out here.

All the best anyway. :smile:

Cheers.

Go live in a major European metropolis and jamming is a fact of life. When I was meaning 1.5 to 2 hour drive to work each day when living in Europe this doesn't mean whizzing along empty roads to work, most of the time the distance is around 20km but takes 2 hours. Unfortunately life doesn't let most people enjoy living in a dream house and being close to work (there is also an argument to be not too close to work!!).

Anyway we have gone into this with our eyes wide open so for us the pros outweigh the cons :smile:
And if by some unfortunate circumstance it is a complete disaster, then we move back, we are not prisoners anywhere :smile:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers.

Go live in a major European metropolis and jamming is a fact of life. When I was meaning 1.5 to 2 hour drive to work each day when living in Europe this doesn't mean whizzing along empty roads to work, most of the time the distance is around 20km but takes 2 hours. Unfortunately life doesn't let most people enjoy living in a dream house and being close to work (there is also an argument to be not too close to work!!).

Anyway we have gone into this with our eyes wide open so for us the pros outweigh the cons :smile:
And if by some unfortunate circumstance it is a complete disaster, then we move back, we are not prisoners anywhere :smile:

Hi Pioneer,
thanks for sharing your personal experience in Europe and how it has been an accepted norm for you. Always appreciate learning from others how they approach life and commute. Wishing you a smooth integration into the Bayou Creek/Leisure Farm community. :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I really don't think this timing is possible anymore. 2-3 years ago, yes it may be possible, but certainly not now, esp Mon morning....To be safe, your friends will need to leave LF around 715 am now to get to Shenton Way before 9 am.....