• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew Face Stone Stone and Open Mouth Big Big Again

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was at Tanjong Pagar this morning and I saw several old men and ladies picking up thrash (karang guni) and they are local and not look like foreigners.

I felt sorry for them and I am not sure if our respectful Lee Kuan Yew had helped them and instructing MDA to teach them new skills so that they can become better karang guni workers to improve their income.

Basically there are just too many marginalized people in Tanjong Pagar and worst still they are local singaporeans.

You can find such elderly everywhere, not only in TP.
Many of them are bored and have nothing to do. They are not poor and they do not need to go scavenging and picking garbages. Some of them are mentally challenged elderly and are under medications.

I have spoken to some of them and even interviewed their children. I gathered from them that they are actually very bored at home and have nothing better to do. They live in comfortable homes and have wonderful families.

They just do it to keep themselves busy. Many have savings which can shock even the rich and wealthy!!!

This is no indication of the failure of the MP or the Government. Thank you.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'd be more surprised if the path weren't planned. well, at least someone has a plan.

TALKING about Plan and pls let me dedicate this song to the poor and marginalized people who live in Tanjong Pagar for decades.

So one of these nights and about twelve o'clock
This old world's going to reel and rock
Saints will tremble and cry for pain
For the Lord's gonna come in his heavenly airplane

If God had a name, what would it be?
And would you call it to his face,
If you were faced with Him in all His glory?
What would you ask if you had just one question?

And yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us?
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make His way home?

If God had a face, what would it look like?
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like Heaven and in Jesus and the saints
And all the prophets? And...

Yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us

(Just?) tryin' to make His way home
Back up to Heaven all alone
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope, maybe, in Rome

Yeah, yeah, God is great
Yeah, yeah, God is good

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us

Just tryin' to make His way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to Heaven all alone
Just tryin' to make His way home
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope, maybe, in Rome

Last edited:
J

JeanGrey

since we're on song dedications, here's one for all singaporeans:

Songwriters: WATERS, ROGER / GILMOUR, DAVID JON
Hello,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

Come on
Now
I hear you're feeling down
I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again

Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move
But I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like
Two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain
You would not understand
This is not how I am

I... Have become comfortably numb

O.K.
Just a little pin prick
There'll be no more aaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working
Good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on
It's time to go

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move
But I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye

I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I... Have become comfortably numb

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good morning narong
don't talk lidat lah
sekali your balls got coldsores
and frozen and you cant do it anymore
your FB will then kick your ass!!!

this is exactly how PAP threatening its true blue singaporeans and win the election.
Vote without fear as fear is nothing but only fear itself

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't have to read anything. I lived through the era and experienced the wisdom of LKY first hand.

One small litmus test for you, where & when, where LKY had a cut on his face & there was a plaster over it, when he was campaigning for his OPPOSITION party ?....will prove your first hand experienced the era & the wisdom of LKY...the proof is in the pudding, not giving to reviews on things you have not 'eaten' before first hand...:rolleyes:

The man deserve the respect for his achievement & foresight in bringing us forth to where we are today & it stops there! The rest we would never love him for that. Living through the era....I would hear my toes giggling!!

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In my opinion, you are a twit. Sinkieland was NOT a fishing village. Don't believe just ask Patrick Tse, who acted in this film made in 1957, when the PAP had only four seats in Parliament!

As for wisdom, HDB (the no stupid rules like divorcee considered single version) and CPF (the can withdraw everything at 55 version) were invented by the British not LKY. Economic ideas after independence came from Albert Winsemius not LKY. Thereafter, it was all downhill and it got worse after that idiot Mai Hum took over. You have been eternally grateful to the wrong person. Thou shall REPENT! :rolleyes:

The video shows areas that were used by the Ang Moh overlords and their servants. Ordinary Singaporean peasants had to live in fishing villages and attap huts with no toilets, no electricity and no running water. I should know I grew up in one of those shacks in the Telok Kurau area. It was nothing like what is shown on that video. The filth and squalor had to be seen and smelt to be believed.

LKYs strength was being able to identify talent and providing the leadership to implement policies. Nobody else could have done what he did during those turbulent times because nobody could touch him when it came to charisma and single minded determination to make Singapore a success. Winsemius was nothing more than a consultant. He did not have to govern the country.

I am forever indebted to LKY for making my life so wonderful.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well done Sam Leong
a beautifully written article
a wonderful piece on the wonderful Singapore
I am forever indebted to Mr Lee Kuan Yew for transforming Singapore and its people
majulah singapura!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice there are many PAP IB behaving this way:
1) they never praise their papa and mama for taking care and feeding them when they were young
2) instead they praise Lee Kuan Yew.

these are the people that may abandon their own parents but continue to praise Lee Kuan Yew.

Just like Money Not Enough story:
They abandoned their own parents but cried when Princess Diana died

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1) they never praise their papa and mama for taking care and feeding them when they were young

these are the people that may abandon their own parents but continue to praise Lee Kuan Yew.

ginger dear
I am no IB clear
I love lee kuan yew
I love my papa and mama
for many endless years

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CHC Con Hee's followers also liddat one....
Zombies never give a cent to parents but give money for Con Hee to spend.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHC Con Hee's followers also liddat one....
Zombies never give a cent to parents but give money for Con Hee to spend.

actually all sinkie are like that.
please think about total GST, Income Tax, Various Taxes and CPF sum.
imagine of 30% of these going to our papa and mama.
they will be very happy...

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those arseholes sold their own papa and mama so that they can praise that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

True history will be known the moment that LKY go under the ghouls and demons and not given time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax

THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL SPIT ON THE FUCKING MEMORY OF THAT EVIL ROTTEN BASTARD LKY

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those arseholes sold their own papa and mama so that they can praise that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

True history will be known the moment that LKY go under the ghouls and demons and not given time off to eat joss sticks and candle wax

THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL SPIT ON THE FUCKING MEMORY OF THAT EVIL ROTTEN BASTARD LKY

where got sold Escher??

maybe you did ...

J

JeanGrey

Singapore, Feb 6 1919
Singapore Feb 6 1919[smallpdf.com].jpg

Temasek was the 1st chapter,
Raffles wrote chapter 2,
Lky wrote up to chapter 5 with the help of our parents,

and the story goes on.

Attachments

• Singapore Feb 6 1919.jpg
    Singapore Feb 6 1919.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I praise my Mum and Dad too and my Mum and Dad praise LKY even more than I do. Their lives were transformed by him too.

Under British rule, they are living in a fishing village in a hut with no running water and no electricity. When LKY came to power, they prospered immensely thanks to his economic policies and they went from being peasants to being elite in less than a decade.