• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Learn how to be a happier person.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.calm.auckland.ac.nz/

All of us want to have a happy life. No one wakes up in the morning thinking "I hope I will be miserable today". Many of us think that happiness is dependent on external situations like possessions, status and pleasures. Though these things can be good, often the satisfaction they bring is short term.

Scientific studies on what makes people truly and genuinely happy show the importance of 3 things:

1. Mental resilience
  2. Healthy relationships
  3. Finding meaning in life

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the content of at least the first two blue tabs below. Either click each tab individually, or use the NEXT link:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is happiness really so important in life? This is a western concept. :cool:

easterners, westerners?

aren't we all humans?

do we not bleed, cry, hate, love or go hungry?

don't we all want freedom? peace joy and happiness too?

there might be subtle differences, like language, skin colors, or diet, but fundementally we are all the same lah!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.calm.auckland.ac.nz/

All of us want to have a happy life. No one wakes up in the morning thinking "I hope I will be miserable today". Many of us think that happiness is dependent on external situations like possessions, status and pleasures. Though these things can be good, often the satisfaction they bring is short term.

Scientific studies on what makes people truly and genuinely happy show the importance of 3 things:

1. Mental resilience
  2. Healthy relationships
  3. Finding meaning in life

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the content of at least the first two blue tabs below. Either click each tab individually, or use the NEXT link:

I don't think you can achieve these all by yourself alone.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is happiness really so important in life? This is a western concept. :cool:

Hardly a western concept, my bunny. I suppose there are lots more literature on being happy coming from the west. Being more developed than most asian countries, many of which are still at the bottom of the Maslow Pyramid, they probably have more time to write on happiness.

Asians want to be happy too, don't you? :wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Asians want to be happy too, don't you? :wink:

The Chinese are perfectly fine feeling absolutely miserable as long as they can enjoy their misery while driving their Mercs and wearing their gold Rolexes.:p

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese are perfectly fine feeling absolutely miserable as long as they can enjoy their misery while driving their Mercs and wearing their gold Rolexes.:p

Sorry, can't agree with you on this... 我也是华人

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal

shd be - the cheena types derive happiness from driving their mercs and wearing their gold lolexes ... :p

incidentally, john lennon was known to have said this -

Question - would u rather be rich or happy ?

Lennon - i would rather be rich & unhappy than poor & unhappy ... :biggrin:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
shd be - the cheena types derive happiness from driving their mercs and wearing their gold lolexes ... :p

incidentally, john lennon was known to have said this -

Question - would u rather be rich or happy ?

Lennon - i would rather be rich & unhappy than poor & unhappy ... :biggrin:

and he got shot and mati! :(