• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Laulan wong gets whacked very badly by netizens

asenmaga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.
I waa not trying to imply that you cannot afford maid rather many Singaporeans can afford to hire maids.
You are right that the narrative from the Government may be wrong. Different people say different things though.
My own experience with my relatives is they really cannot see themselves doing any menial work even if it pays better. Case in point my own siblings came to Canada and refused to entertain the idea of menial or labor work.
On the other hand another Singaporean couple who came to Canada the husband signed up and trained to be a carpenter.
I think Singapore should reduce this very liberal foreign worker policy. It is not good for the Singapore identity. Particularly Sg is a small country so if you have influx of so many foreigners the locals will feel their presence for sure. It is not like there is big spaces for various races to stay apart etc.
But so far it atill seems to me Singaporeans still support the policy overall.
I understand what you are saying. Indeed there is no denying that most would like to be in the "white collar jobs", everyone has
a preference . Maybe the one that signed up as a carpenter is someone who has an interest in carpentry ?
If I could , I might like to try living on a Chinese Farm someday....
During the time I was in the workforce, we didn't have these problems with foreign workers. We had only foreign workers only in particular position, usually the head of department that needs to have interaction with the head office unlike now where you can
have as high as 60-70 pct of that departments staffed with foreign workers. (Because of the CECA agreements , local people are not competing on fair grounds, in areas of CPF , army liabilities being away from office for a while and not forgeting most of the time, you cant defer them thus bring inconvenient to the company.

It was not per se that labour policy is wrong...rather that an Agreement was signed that caused an uncontrolled influx from a certain national( many of them came with fake certificates etc etc ).
Unfortunately The G have "trained" the citizen to think that they are the best the country had, that is why "it appears that majority of the people support the G policy .

Do not forget the experienced of the USA election where Social Media was used heavily to try to portray a certain Narrative. Here in Singapore it is no difference, we used to used the term " internet brigades or IBs . Now the fancy term is Communication Teams
or Pr Teams. If I am not wrong each Ministers and or Ministries have them. You can clearly see them on their Facebook pages..
getting a packed of eunuchs to "confront you' if you post something that is not the direction of the predetermined narratives.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do not forget the experienced of the USA election where Social Media was used heavily to try to portray a certain Narrative. Here in Singapore it is no difference, we used to used the term " internet brigades or IBs . Now the fancy term is Communication Teams
or Pr Teams. If I am not wrong each Ministers and or Ministries have them. You can clearly see them on their Facebook pages..
getting a packed of eunuchs to "confront you' if you post something that is not the direction of the predetermined narratives.

That is why cyber anonymity is so important, especially in a totalitarian shithole. And it boggles the mind why anyone would still want to participate in the HWZ forum, owned by the train wreck that is SPH. :cool:

ChoBohLan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well maybe many essential services are performed by the Indians.

Waste management
Sewage management
Plumbing
Electrical
Construction
Crematory
Funeral services
Banking
Finance
Shipping and receiving
Stocking of goods
Supply chain
Heavy industry
Transport
IT
Food preparation

Practically everything. Most Singaporeans go for jobs that sit at a desk and click mouse reply emails call on telephone. Air con. High paying. Confortable in fact most will be working from home. Maybe some meet clients on zoom. Point is Singaporeans arent trained or designed to do hands on and on site manual work. It is the truth you know it. Gosh they dont even do the housework at home.
If there is a reasonable minimum wage, you think local sinkie prefer to work the above or sell tissue paper / clean hawker center table?
You have to ask yourself why ang mo in their ang mo countries no need such such Indians import and why we need.
I am very sure if they pay a reasonable pay, lim peh will go work rather than being a cho boh lan.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If there is a reasonable minimum wage, you think local sinkie prefer to work the above or sell tissue paper / clean hawker center table?
You have to ask yourself why ang mo in their ang mo countries no need such such Indians import and why we need.
I am very sure if they pay a reasonable pay, lim peh will go work rather than being a cho boh lan.

Indeed. In ang mo country you call for plumber the call out fee even before anything is done is $70. Usually a plumbing job is about $200+ minimum. Likely $1000.

Construction pays a lot.

I wonder if Singaporeans would be happu payong theae high fees for such work?

Another one is car mechanic. You send car cos something wrong with wiper blades. The diagnostic fee is $250. Even before any repair is done. After repair and parts $1000+. Labour is $120/hr.

Cleaning. 2 hour cleaning job by 2 person is $150.

I have read people complain how expensive their lunch at $11.50 was.

That is pretty standard price in fact on low side in ang moh country.

Cost of housing and cars in sg is much much higher. So it should be more expensive not less.

Hopefully in the future singaporeans would be happy to pay $15+ for a plate of chicken rice at hawler centres.

Instead of hiring maids at $800 a month live in pay $600 a month for once a week cleaning for 2 hours.

Many good jobs for locals will be created. Cleaning. Laundry. Trades.

Especially the trades.

You ask why in ang moh country we dont need cheap foreign labor? Because people are willing to pay high costs for that type of work.

It is also why DIY hardware shops like Home Depot and Lowes are big in North America. People will do it themselves. To change the washer or mixer carrtridgr yourself you pay $60 for the cartridge bought from shop. Vs pay plumber $350.

Singaporeans willig to pay or not?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But already have so many workers from India here. The hdb car park where I’m staying at has been renewed/repaired twice when it was still quite new and no damage, just to keep them bz.

Totalitarian shitholes can only spend money on infrastructure to grow the economy at a reliable manner. Because there is neither innovation or creativity. :cool:

Enblocs, highway construction, MRT line construction, deep tunnel sewage pipes, road widening, carpark renovation, lifts for overhead bridges, sheltered walkways, digging and then refilling the roads, new playgrounds and 'multi-generation' fitness corners, wheelchair ramps... every little bit counts. :wink:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Totalitarian shitholes can only spend money on infrastructure to grow the economy at a reliable manner. Because there is neither innovation or creativity. :cool:

Enblocs, highway construction, MRT line construction, deep tunnel sewage pipes, road widening, carpark renovation, lifts for overhead bridges, sheltered walkways, digging and then refilling the roads, new playgrounds and 'multi-generation' fitness corners, wheelchair ramps... every little bit counts. :wink:
DBS making record profits. SG still doing well.

Insurance agents still making millions.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow.

But sinkies will never take construction or cleaning job even if pay is 10k a month.

Low class no face lah.

So that's the real reason.
Actually unskilled keling are lowly paid. Basic pay less than $50 a day. One month can get over $1500 after OT very good liao.
As for PSA, there are 3 types of workers. Keling, Malaysian and Singaporean. Because of covid, quite a number of keling and msian went home due to lack of freedom and homesickness. The keling had not leave PSA area since March 2020. Msian kpkb because now they have to suffer Singapore cost of living since they no longer can commute from jb.
due to these problems, psa and its contractors are aggressively recruiting local aka sporeans and pr. 重金之下必有勇夫。there a marked increase of locals and reduction of median age of port workers.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what sinkees are good at... attacking from behind a keyboard. That is why the MIWs have been tone deaf for more than 50 decades. They do things to what they feel, not what everyone thinks because they can.
YOU CAN GO PARLEEMENT TOK ABOUT THIS???????? PUI