• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Laudrup confirms Japan interest

Ibrahimovic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Laudrup confirms Japan interest

AFP

967632_heroa.jpg

Feb 18, 2015 13:59:44

The Denmark legend is aware the Asian country are hopeful of appointing him, but he is in no rush to make a decision about his future

Michael Laudrup has confirmed that the Japanese Football Association (JFA) wants him to coach the country's national team, but the Dane will not leave his current club Lekhwiya until the end of the Qatar Stars League season in May.

Laudrup did not rule out coaching Samurai Blue but with an AFC Champions League campaign starting next week, and his current team sitting just one point behind leaders Al Sadd in the Stars League table, the 50-year-old is not interested in changing jobs just yet.

However, the former Real Madrid and Barcelona ace, who was sacked by Swansea in February 2014, added that he would consider taking the Japan job in three months' time.

"In a week we will also start the group stage of the Champions League so there will be a lot of games in the near future," Laudrup told Kyodo News.

"I am aware of the interest from Japan but as I just said, we have a lot of games coming up and they have, absolutely, first priority at the moment.

"Then when the season finishes in May, I will think about my future.

"It could be here in Lekhwiya or somewhere else."

The JFA are still looking for a new coach after sacking Javier Aguirre following Japan's quarter-final exit at the Asian Cup in January.

Aguirre's alleged involvement in match-fixing during his time in charge of Real Zaragoza in La Liga was the reason for Japan's decision.

Laudrup is believed to be one of five names on the JFA's shortlist to replace Aguirre.