• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: PM Lee directs MND to fully review AIM transaction

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
On second thought, this review might have a different agenda altogether. As both Chiam and WP had learnt to use the TCs to strength their hold, this review might lead to TCs being handed back to HDB. The opportunity to use TC work to build on their profile is therefore lost. Lets face it, the original reason for having MPs take charge of TCs was to deter candidates from contesting elections as running a TC is not a joke.

I recall that Chiam managed to run Potong Pasir and even do lift upgrading at a lower costs than the PAP's way.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Lets face it, the original reason for having MPs take charge of TCs was to deter candidates from contesting elections as running a TC is not a joke.

I recall that Chiam managed to run Potong Pasir and even do lift upgrading at a lower costs than the PAP's way.

The reasons were two fold. The first is as you mention above. It was to deter jokers. The second and more important reason was LKY thought it would give him a mechanism to screw those who had not voted his way.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On second thought, this review might have a different agenda altogether. As both Chiam and WP had learnt to use the TCs to strength their hold, this review might lead to TCs being handed back to HDB. The opportunity to use TC work to build on their profile is therefore lost. Lets face it, the original reason for having MPs take charge of TCs was to deter candidates from contesting elections as running a TC is not a joke.

FUJI Elevator
Add to Inquiry Cart
Add to My Favorites
Share to:FOB Price: US $15,000 - 21,000 / Unit Get Latest Price
Port: SHANGHAI
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Set/Sets discount if you order more
Supply Ability: 500 Set/Sets per Month you are first VIP if you order more than 50 sets
Payment Terms: L/C,T/T

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The audit gave a black mark to AHTC for poor collection of arrears in resident fees. The AHTC should wear that black mark with pride as it showed that the town council was able to do just as well, if not better than the PAP wards with less money. Management of the estate is still top notch etc.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reasons were two fold. The first is as you mention above. It was to deter jokers. The second and more important reason was LKY thought it would give him a mechanism to screw those who had not voted his way.

there's also a practical reason to provide some autonomy to tc's to run their little empires or townships in order to allow grc mp's to pick up hands on experience in managing budgets, residents, grassroots and their little turfs. at that time of formation/empowering of tc's and dilution of hdb's responsibilities (and bloated financial fiduciary), all grc wards were under the pap. political reason aside, there was a desire in the pap leadership to identify and cherry pick capable hands on leader/manager types who could work well with grassroots and residents (a.k.a. voters). apparently, the verdict on that is not one objective person would call a resounding success. the truly capable folks have run road. :p

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly, where the fuck is that Kinana (or as I always refer to as Kanina)? Totally Boh-Siah from this fucker on this topic. PAP dogs, your master has played you out this time. Go on, defend them more in this forum.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly, where the fuck is that Kinana (or as I always refer to as Kanina)? Totally Boh-Siah from this fucker on this topic. PAP dogs, your master has played you out this time. Go on, defend them more in this forum.

Maybe he finally realises that all his relentless efforts are really all an exercise in futility against the overwhelming plain truth.

Only the truth can hold water. Everything else cannot withstand the test of time.

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he finally realises that all his relentless efforts are really all an exercise in futility against the overwhelming plain truth.

Only the truth can hold water. Everything else cannot withstand the test of time.

Do not like to be crude but LHL really show the middle finger to kanina this time.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Really shameful for a Prime Minister to act when a single blogger had to release 6 articles before it sank in that there was significant disquiet.

PM called for the review because Sylvia Lim filed a motion titled "Safeguarding the Public Interest in Town Council Management" for discussion in Parliament on 14 Jan.
Our PM needs to be backed to a corner before he acts!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM called for the review because Sylvia Lim filed a motion titled "Safeguarding the Public Interest in Town Council Management" for discussion in Parliament on 14 Jan.
Our PM needs to be backed to a corner before he acts!

Yes, I see a direct link between the WP's adjournment motion and the PM's announcement of a review by the MND.

In the upcoming debate, the Government can merely say that it would not be wise to get into too much details because MND is conducting a review and it would be best to wait for the report.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I see a direct link between the WP's adjournment motion and the PM's announcement of a review by the MND.

In the upcoming debate, the Government can merely say that it would not be wise to get into too much details because MND is conducting a review and it would be best to wait for the report.

Exactly...buying time and hoping to whitewash everything before calling the Ponggol BE

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What a poor leader. He finally spotted the proverbial elephant in the proverbial room. I wonder if TCB comments finally drove the message thru.

So what happened to Grace Fu, Baey and other donkeys who were mouthing their views.

I am sure that no one is expecting anything spectacular from the review but one has to show form and this guy is so behind. Like Mas Selamat, he wanted for the dust to settle but it was not to be as Alex is on No. 6 and Teo Ho Ping is still chasing his tail.

hi there

1. screw, got to fully agree on your notion.
2. this is just lousy leadership or betterer kosong leadership.
3. now, those dafter sheep are literally slapped with both feets into their respective big mouthers:biggrin:
4. if there is transparency, get some 3rd party independent unit.
5. oops! btw, where got transparency in sheepishland leh?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do not like to be crude but LHL really show the middle finger to kanina this time.

hi there

1. where where where?
2. is sbf resident bitch/cunt?
3. must be hiding between its 2 legs, shaking:biggrin:
4. or speechless or what:p

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better still, make a police report and wait for our world crass poodles to make investigations that will take up till after the 2016 General Elections.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Fool Minister should be slapped by the PM for her comments on FB. Thus far, no minister dare to get involve. But the Fool Minister thought she knew better. What has she achieved? Open to more criticism.

She is send by AH LOONG to support the fire fight. But their opponent has grab them by the balls. NO choice, the commander has to call for cease fire. He even threaten to "NUKE" one of the blogger Alex Au. But he didn't do that.

Now commander-in-chief has to call for a truce before it spread further.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: If nothing is wrong with AIM, why the need for review?

Most importantly... After the review if they found something not right... Will head be chopped?!

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most importantly... After the review if they found something not right... Will head be chopped?!

I think its time for Teo Ho Pin to go. First lose almost all TC sinking funds due to Lehmen bonds, then now this.

Everything he does is legal, but just stupid.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
World has change. Internet means loss of media control. People are willing to weigh the views of a single blogger against the entire media machinery. Old method of no upgrading of opposition ward no longer works. It was ok when you punish a small group of people - Potong Pasir/Hougang. But now with a GRC in opposition, a critical mass has been reached. Any "punishment" now has a greater chance of affecting someone's siblings, friends, relations living in those wards. And most Singaporeans do not support such methods.

I think AIM highlighted lack of separation between public servants/service and the controlling party. Just like the case of People's Association.

These are all a series of own goals. The majority party is doing many things right but these knuckleduster tactics leaves a bad taste. I would not be surprised if some MPs are uncomfortable about the whole situation.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think its time for Teo Ho Pin to go. First lose almost all TC sinking funds due to Lehmen bonds, then now this.

Everything he does is legal, but just stupid.

You can punish people for dishonest by putting him in jail or some silly fines

But stupidity, there is only one punishment is to let him go before his stupidity drag your reputation through the m&d again.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

We also must review why WP terminated contract with AIM and then went on to screw up management of AHTC.
Plus review the award of FMSS for management of AHTC without open bidding. Was public interest served? Was there any conflicts of interests?