• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Korean Chiobu Kenna Farked by Subaru Director Glenn Tann

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Guys, if you are serious about a low consumption high performing car, give Honda Vezel a try. Need to purchase from a parallel importer though. The reason is simple, Kah Motors selsl the HRV which is made in Thailand
for Asian market, Australia included. The Vezel is JDM and go for the S model. It is well insulated and comes with the paddle shift. With this, the car is both fast and super economical. It comes with 7 speed CVT transmission which gives you as easy 16 KM/L. If you are 70% highway driving, it delivers 20KM/l. I won't recommend any PI because I am not selling cars just sharing bare facts. I like the Levorg , but dollar for dollar and liter for liter, the Vezel is hard to beat. The XV is lacking in many ways. The forrester cost more in terms of running and maintenance cost. Just my 2 cents worth, guys. Cheers

I agree. I have two friends who bought the Vezel. Really nice car, interior and exterior. In fact I think the PI Vezel is one of the best selling cars! There are so many on the roads. I am fine with 2.0 litres. Like they say, there is no replacement for displacement. Also need the space for a growing family. And the Forester has a good safety rating too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think AWD is a great feature.
But how come the legacy model's turbo got no timer and other gadgets associated with turbo like blow out valve etc that's standard on wrx models?

That is a good question. The lack of a turbo timer has never affected the performance of my Subie. And as far as I know all of them don't come with one. Its not hard to install, but I have never felt the need to have one. The lack of a blow out valve in the Legacy versus the WRX, I can only speculate on that. It could be for the sound. The WRX sounds a lot louder then the Legacy even though they have essentially the same engine. It could down to the muffler, but I think The Legacy uses a bypass valve which is a lot quieter then a Blow out valve. Also, the WRX buyer is a younger crowd and want to be more noticed. But both function the same way.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So it is true that activating 4WD will cause higher fuel consumption that than 2WD?

Subaru 4WD is not activated, Its a on all the time AWD. You can't get a Subie in 2WD. 4WD systems usually supply power to the all the wheels when some of it starts slipping. Subaru supplies power all the time to the all the wheels.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Subaru 4WD is not activated, Its a on all the time AWD. You can't get a Subie in 2WD. 4WD systems usually supply power to the all the wheels when some of it starts slipping. Subaru supplies power all the time to the all the wheels.

AWD is one of the reasons I find Subaru attractive. Plus the boxer engine design, and their safety record.

[video=youtube;-VXX1pQ8E_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXX1pQ8E_8[/video]

[video=youtube;3VYhZxuIGaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VYhZxuIGaA[/video]

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for sharing. I asked that question because some cars can switch between 2WD and 4WD

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have not owned a Korean car before. But the current Santa Fe is very nice.

150K for Hyundai Sante Fe
140K for Sorento
130k for CX
130K for Harrier
120k for Outback
110K for Forrester

Korean SUVs are priced too high

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing. I asked that question because some cars can switch between 2WD and 4WD

Sidetrack abit talking about AWD 4WD....
Back then someone came out with AWS 4WS....as in 4 wheel steering.....makes parking super easy.....wondered why this never took off.....think it was from Honda

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subaru are for 死毒屁 chao ah bengs. Their radio advertisement is so vulgar and low class. I can afford it but I will NEVER EVER BUY A SUBARU. Fuck you Glenn!

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subaru are for 死毒屁 chao ah bengs. Their radio advertisement is so vulgar and low class. I can afford it but I will NEVER EVER BUY A SUBARU. Fuck you Glenn!

He is trying to sell 3000 Subaru in Singapore this year and soon, sell you Assembled-in-Thailand Subaru.

The Japanese will be sending their engineers to oversee the vehicle assembly in Thailand but Glenn is sending a trusted associate who is more concerned about getting personal sidekicks for various vehicle accessory options which will be pre-fitted in Thailand before shipping to Singapore.

The Singaporean sen5

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
140K for Sorento
130k for CX
130K for Harrier
120k for Outback
110K for Forrester

Whoa, Korean cars are really pricey. But the Santa Fe is really something.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sidetrack abit talking about AWD 4WD....
Back then someone came out with AWS 4WS....as in 4 wheel steering.....makes parking super easy.....wondered why this never took off.....think it was from Honda

4WS is not true all wheel steering, the back 2 wheels have only limited travel. They cannot turn as much as the front wheel. If you can't park with a regular car, you should not be driving. Its of limited use, and it makes the car more complicated that it should be.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I can say the same for BMW and Mercedes too, i don't like the target segment that buys them. And I would never buy one.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
140K for Sorento
130k for CX
130K for Harrier
120k for Outback
110K for Forrester

Forester and Outback not really considered SUV. I would consider them more like AWD station wagons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, you mean like when you go to the Gay Bath houses on Castro and pee in the toilet, you have to make sure your stream to crossover with your gay partner's stream?

right across castro is the lesbian oral orgy (loo) house. you need to convert all of them to hetero in order to call it a crossover.