• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Korean Chiobu Kenna Farked by Subaru Director Glenn Tann

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Speaking of Subaru, what do you all think about the Forester? Thinking of getting going down to test drive the turbo 2.0 liter version. The all wheel drive and boxer engine are appealing. And they make one of the safest cars around.

I would avoid it. I test drove one 2 months ago. It felt really cheap, with cheap materials inside and the ride was really hush. I don't know what happen. I currently have a Subie myself. But the new Forester does not impress me at all. Quite disappointed.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Forrester XT is the premium version that you are refering too. The price of XT is almost the same as Subaru Outback and Outback has better interior, rear aircon and handling (eg. engine mounting, etc)

Agreed, outback is the better model.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thanks, I will look at the Outback as well. Heard about the high petrol consumption for Subaru cars, which is scary.

Its high consumption if you have the turbo versions and also due to the heavier weight from the all wheel drive system.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forrester XT is the premium version that you are refering too. The price of XT is almost the same as Subaru Outback and Outback has better interior, rear aircon and handling (eg. engine mounting, etc)

Welcome to the forum. I give rep points to fellow armour personnel.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its high consumption if you have the turbo versions and also due to the heavier weight from the all wheel drive system.

I think AWD is a great feature.
But how come the legacy model's turbo got no timer and other gadgets associated with turbo like blow out valve etc that's standard on wrx models?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan has a psychological problem. Why he takes it so personally? He felt insulted by the rolled eyes.

He should sleep with Kee Chiu ...the two psychos could gel.

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Subaru is better value then BMW 3 series. I would have WRX over any BMW 1 or 3 Series any day.

1 Series is made-in-germany. Some 3 series are from South Africa.
Remember the nightmares from South African Mercedes 10 years ago

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Mazda

It is true that salesmen can understand your car needs better than salesgirls. However, Mazda salesmen are the most beng among the Jap distributors. You will get worse than Toyota neglect if you are not a serious buyer in their showroom or roughplays if shit hits the fan after you buy. For Mazda, Mitsubshi and Subaru, you gotta stick with the salesgirls.

452SAR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, I will look at the Outback as well. Heard about the high petrol consumption for Subaru cars, which is scary.

This weekend is not the best time to buy:

Firstly, for 2-3 weeks timeframe, Subaru gives the lowest price (after each new COE bidding exercise). They will increase the price by 1000-2000 per car after the first weekend. So you should wait for the next weekend.

Secondly, their boss instructed them to maximize sales this year by claiming that they will right away "give you best price" and cut short the bargaining. Only subaru salesmen will claim that they give you the maximum discount (untrue) within minutes after you meet them. If you read car forums on subaru sale tactics, you know they will always reduce by another $4000-5000 (minimum for each car) and anything extra (eg. another $2000-3000 discount for taking non-guaranteed COE, overtrade or Blackvue camera, etc) is a bonus

You can find a lot of chats in car forums regarding subaru discount structures.

Lastly, Subaru cars has no onboard-GPS

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The Levorg looks like an interesting option too for those who don't mind a stationwagon platform.

1.6L turbo, AWD, distinctive intercooler bonnet scoop, touted to be next generation Legacy. Only letdown is the CVT transmission.

subaru-levorg.2000x1333.Apr-18-2014_13.22.08.310807.jpg

In fact all automatic transmission on Subaru cars are CVT. Heard it is ok, but must change fluid every 50,000km if I am not wrong. I like the Levorg too.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I would avoid it. I test drove one 2 months ago. It felt really cheap, with cheap materials inside and the ride was really hush. I don't know what happen. I currently have a Subie myself. But the new Forester does not impress me at all. Quite disappointed.

They have a new face lift model out now. From reviews I have read online, they improved the interior, suspension and exterior. Will need to go test drive.

The Outback is 2.5 litres. I imagine it would be very thirsty.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This weekend is not the best time to buy:

Firstly, for 2-3 weeks timeframe, Subaru gives the lowest price (after each new COE bidding exercise). They will increase the price by 1000-2000 per car after the first weekend. So you should wait for the next weekend.

Secondly, their boss instructed them to maximize sales this year by claiming that they will right away "give you best price" and cut short the bargaining. Only subaru salesmen will claim that they give you the maximum discount (untrue) within minutes after you meet them. If you read car forums on subaru sale tactics, you know they will always reduce by another $4000-5000 (minimum for each car) and anything extra (eg. another $2000-3000 discount for taking non-guaranteed COE, overtrade or Blackvue camera, etc) is a bonus

You can find a lot of chats in car forums regarding subaru discount structures.

Lastly, Subaru cars has no onboard-GPS

Will not be buying it so soon, still need to find out more about the car. But thanks for the useful information.

I don't need a built-in GPS. I have my trusty Garmin :smile:

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will not be buying it so soon, still need to find out more about the car. But thanks for the useful information.

I don't need a built-in GPS. I have my trusty Garmin :smile:

Guys, if you are serious about a low consumption high performing car, give Honda Vezel a try. Need to purchase from a parallel importer though. The reason is simple, Kah Motors selsl the HRV which is made in Thailand
for Asian market, Australia included. The Vezel is JDM and go for the S model. It is well insulated and comes with the paddle shift. With this, the car is both fast and super economical. It comes with 7 speed CVT transmission which gives you as easy 16 KM/L. If you are 70% highway driving, it delivers 20KM/l. I won't recommend any PI because I am not selling cars just sharing bare facts. I like the Levorg , but dollar for dollar and liter for liter, the Vezel is hard to beat. The XV is lacking in many ways. The forrester cost more in terms of running and maintenance cost. Just my 2 cents worth, guys. Cheers

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add. All the better entertainment units comes with inbuilt GPS. Garmin, Papago and so on. With regards to Toyota, the new Corolla is indeed quite a good car. Very smooth and economical- A perfect gentleman's car.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I meant harsh.