• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN.. 97yo granny cannot even die in peace, family member quarrel over funeral rites!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN...dis poor 97yo granny haven't die yet...her family members oredi fighting over whether to hold buddhist or christian funeral rites...KNNBPCB...:mad::oIo: ....DAMN FUCKUP FAMILY...Pls lah..u all quarrel like dat, u think ur granny will die in peace meh?....knn if cannot decide, then hold two together lah...one side chant buddhist sutra...the other side sing christian songs....religious harmony...KNN...pls lah..have respect for your granny lah!!! CCB!!! :mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

九旬阿嬷弥留 子孙为后事反目

20110731_yeohc_grandma_img_main.jpg

九旬阿嬷未断气,子孙却为后事反目!女儿要为她办佛教仪式葬礼,孙女却要行基督教仪式。

高龄97岁的阿嬷黄婵音,本星期一因喉咙生痰,突然呼吸困难,紧急入院治疗,情况一度十分危急,令一家大小提心吊胆。

阿嬷的其中一名女儿林女士(63岁)告诉《联合晚报》,阿嬷星期二进入弥留状态,家人于是讨论她的后事,没料引起争执,女儿一辈主张遵循阿嬷的佛教信仰,其中两名孙女却执意要行基督教仪式,僵持不下。

据了解,阿嬷住大巴窑一房式租赁组屋,有个一手带大的孙女阿丽,今年30多岁,是基督教徒,离婚后带着两个年幼女儿与阿嬷同住了4年多了。

林女士说:“母亲拜佛多年,也有归依证书,做佛教仪式理所当然,但孙女不但不准,还在讨论时大声嚷嚷,说不认我们几个阿姨,很没礼貌。”

“我们在阿嬷稍微清醒时问她信什么教,她想也不想,就答是‘佛教’,所以我们相信她希望进行佛教仪式。”

- 家人声称阿嬷拜佛40年
- 阿嬷躺病榻 床边放圣经
完整报道请看2011.07.31的《联合晚报》。

WB31-001-0-WAN.jpg

Last edited:

Siong2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: KNN.. 97yo granny cannot even die in peace, family member quarrel over funeral ri

There are many such cases, and if it ended up with Buddhist funeral, the grand daughter will not be there to send her off de...

Eugenics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: KNN.. 97yo granny cannot even die in peace, family member quarrel over funeral ri

There will be peace .

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN...dis poor 97yo granny haven't die yet...her family members oredi fighting over whether to hold buddhist or christian funeral rites...KNNBPCB...:mad::oIo: ....DAMN FUCKUP FAMILY...Pls lah..u all quarrel like dat, u think ur granny will die in peace meh?....knn if cannot decide, then hold two together lah...one side chant buddhist sutra...the other side sing christian songs....religious harmony...KNN...pls lah..have respect for your granny lah!!! CCB!!! :mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

九旬阿嬷弥留 子孙为后事反目

20110731_yeohc_grandma_img_main.jpg

九旬阿嬷未断气,子孙却为后事反目!女儿要为她办佛教仪式葬礼,孙女却要行基督教仪式。

高龄97岁的阿嬷黄婵音,本星期一因喉咙生痰,突然呼吸困难,紧急入院治疗,情况一度十分危急,令一家大小提心吊胆。

阿嬷的其中一名女儿林女士(63岁)告诉《联合晚报》,阿嬷星期二进入弥留状态,家人于是讨论她的后事,没料引起争执,女儿一辈主张遵循阿嬷的佛教信仰,其中两名孙女却执意要行基督教仪式,僵持不下。

据了解,阿嬷住大巴窑一房式租赁组屋,有个一手带大的孙女阿丽,今年30多岁,是基督教徒,离婚后带着两个年幼女儿与阿嬷同住了4年多了。

林女士说:“母亲拜佛多年,也有归依证书,做佛教仪式理所当然,但孙女不但不准,还在讨论时大声嚷嚷,说不认我们几个阿姨,很没礼貌。”

“我们在阿嬷稍微清醒时问她信什么教,她想也不想,就答是‘佛教’,所以我们相信她希望进行佛教仪式。”

- 家人声称阿嬷拜佛40年
- 阿嬷躺病榻 床边放圣经
完整报道请看2011.07.31的《联合晚报》。

WB31-001-0-WAN.jpg

What are all those pictographs? If you want to write Chinese go to a Chinese forum, disgusting bastard.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Title of thread should be Christian Granddaughter with broken marraige trying to break up extended family

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Title of thread should be Christian Granddaughter with broken marraige trying to break up extended family

this is tragic isn't it _ Christian Granddaughter with broken marriage

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those new christians in singapore are troublemakers.
it is good that they are replaced by FT.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a sad case and more of these cases are happening here in our society. There were too many cases of the elderly who have been Taoists or Buddhists all their lives suddenly has funeral rites not of their religion.In fact former MM Lee has even mentioned about these issue which he stated clearly he is against of.

These cases are similar to those in Malaysia. Often a belief system which feel it is superior than others tend to force their belief on others even to the dead. The difference only stems from the fact that while in our neighbouring country, the state play a part in it. But here, it is within the own family that these things were done to the dead which are more painful.

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's a problem when the Church/Mosque/whatever don't teach religious tolerance. Some stupid pastors even go as far as to insult other religion.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is a sad case and more of these cases are happening here in our society. There were too many cases of the elderly who have been Taoists or Buddhists all their lives suddenly has funeral rites not of their religion.In fact former MM Lee has even mentioned about these issue which he stated clearly he is against of.

The Old man is an Agnostic and is against the separating of lines in religion. He also thinks nothing of "fixing" them if needed, which is why the Catholic Church doesn't like him

janetchong

Actually I knew this granny since I was young as we are neighbours. My mum likes them too as they are very helpful. I read the newspaper report and I think her aunties are horrible as I was there with my mum on Friday for visiting. I saw with my own eyes at the hospital. The 2 granddaughters were surrounded by all their aunties and elders in the hospital on that day. Their aunties kept saying horrible things to them. They just kept very quiet as usual(respect)

What actually happen
I saw this guy who talk like gangster telling the 2 granddaughters if they would like to negotiate. Than he said Buddhist funeral must be held as granny was a buddhist for so many years. By the way Ah li was sitting in a wheelchair as she is sick and her sister was pushing her. but the auntie surrounded them. Ah li look a little frail in the wheelchair. Ah li said ah ma attended church for quite sometime before baptized. Before baptize, granny even had a couples of sessions with the paster and understood fully baptize a few yrs back. The aunties didn't want to listen. They said they didn't care.

At last ah li said. why are all of you doing this. Ah ma is walking inside the room and doctor said she is ok now. Anyway ah ma is still alive. Let's not discuss this anymore and go sayang ah ma and love ah ma when ah ma is still around. After saying this she ask her sister to push her out from this circles of aunties.
But there is an uncle suddenly point a finger at ah li and exclaimed. U WILL HAVE RETRIBUTION! immediatedly ah li sis reacted saying. Pui Pui Pui! aiyo! how can u say my sis have retribution. U than have retribution. Don't scold my sister. than the auntie charged at her. wanting to hit her. say she spit!!! I really think their aunties are siao!!! Wow!!! Jus nice there happens to b police at the ward. 2 policemen and a nurses stop the auntie from hitting both of them.
The policemen pull the auntie but she still want to hit her. so horrible. (lucky my aunt not like that)
Oh ya. Than the auntie throw water bottle at her. All the nurses aound that ward knows about it. They saw how the auunties bully them.
I saw a few nurse shake head and even the people at the ward hate their aunties.

Sunday, I saw the papers annd I was astonished. How can the wan bao write about things the opposite way. But I don't blame the reporters. Cos by reading it. I can see that the auntie was the one who reported. and I saw how that aunties was like that day. I am not surprised that such kind of person will lie. so rough!!!

Ah li and the sister cried after that. I nearly cried with them. so pitiful!!!!! They say that particular aunt seldom come to see granny, only once a year. but now come and scold and pressurised them. Than 1auntie console them say never mind la never mind la.

My heart go all out to them. As I know they are very kind hearted. They always help the old folks around the block. I know the younger granddaughter go fishing occasionally. They said the use nets. So sometimes they ve lots of fishes. They will scale all the fishes and than give it to the old folks around the block. They even help the sick people by cooking for some really sick old folks sometimes feeding them even.

Granny, 1 daughter and her 2 granddaughter had been staying together since as long as I remember. Y now than those auntie care for granny. Last time I never even see them visit except 1 of them. I mean so many yrs le now disturb them and dont give them peace.

ai yo i dont know la

janetchong

Oh ya. One more thing I remember the old granny saying something a few yrs ago.
cos previously she and my mum will not eat meat on 2 of the days every month.
Both of them and a few neighbours will go market for vegetarian food.

But few yrs ago she became christian. My mum ask her why.
She said christian also not bad and she loves her daugthers and granddaughters so much
had been staying together for so long.
Daughter and grand daughter are all christians.
Of cos she wants to be together with them in heaven when she pass away.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

since there is so much drama in hospitals which cater to old folks, media corpses are better off stalking the hallways with video cams, audio equipment, lights, directors, producers and supporting cast for the next reality tv hit.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is so sad to see such things happened in a family where religion has become a separate force out to destroy the family formerly harmonious relations. I had an experience my own. It happened about 10 years ago involving this Pak Mei (Granny in hakka dialect). She was a staunch Buddhist who worship Guanyin everyday. When she passed away, one of her cousin who stay with her for a short time insisted that she has converted before she passed on and so demanded a christian rites for her. As usual, Pak mei children refused and said pak mei was a buddhist all her life. The cousin was so adamant and swear at them in a very rude way. It was quite shocking.

What actually happen in the flat outside her house before she passed away.

I saw a church guy who came together with the cousin who talk like loudly telling the children of pak mei that this is not negotiable. Than he said Christian funeral must be held as y was already pak mei was a christian before she passed on. By the way Ah heng, one of pak mei son was sitting in a wheelchair as he had a stroke and his sister was pushing her. but that cousin and the church guy surrounded them and continued to talk. Ah heng look a little frail and sad in the wheelchair. Ah heng said mother attended temples always and never fail to chant her buddhist scriptures everyday. Before her death, his mama even had a couples of sessions with the temple monk and understood that she wants her religious rites to be conducted by buddhist nuns from Kulai in Malaysia.as they were only nuns able to chant buddhist scriptues in the Hakka dialect. That cousin didn't want to listen. They said they didn't care and insisted that granny has been baptised in their church and the pestor can be a witness.

At last ah heng said. why are all of you doing this. Mama is still sleeping inside the room and doctor said she is ok now. Anyway ah ma is still alive. Let's not discuss this anymore and go sayang ah ma and love ah ma when ah ma is still around. After saying this he ask his sister to push her out from this circles of church people and the cousin.

But there is an uncle, probably from the congregation of the cousin suddenly point a finger at ah heng and exclaimed. U WILL HAVE TO BELIEVE IN THE CREATOR or you will be go to Hell >>.immediatedly ah heng sister reacted saying. Pui Pui Pui! aiyo! how can u say my brother have to believe in your religion. U have your own beliefs and he has his own. Don't scold my brother.. But the uncle charged at her. wanting to hit her and say she spit at him!!! I really think their uncle are siao!!! Wow!!! Jus nice there happens to be police at at the corridor attending to a drunkard guy. The policemen stop the auncle from hitting both of them.
The policemen pull the uncle but he still want to hit her. so horrible. (lucky that aunt not like that)
Oh ya. Than the uncle throw water bottle at her. All the neighbours and the policeman around that time knows about it. They saw how that uncle bully them.
I saw a few neighbours shake head and even the children at the 7th floor that pak Mei stay hate that uncle who think he speak for his God.

Sunday, I saw the papers annd I was astonished. How can the Paper write about things the opposite way. But I don't blame the reporters. Cos by reading it. I can see that the uncle was the one who reported. and I saw how that uncle was like that day. I am not surprised that such kind of person will lie. So rough!!!

Ah Heng and the sister cried after that. The whole neighbours who saw the commotion nearly cried with them. so pitiful!!!!! They say that particular cousin never come to see granny, only when she is sick that year. but now come and scold and pressurised them. Than a Malay machik console them say never mind la never mind la. Every thing, Tuhan is looking. No matter what religion you believe, one must have compassion.

My heart go all out to them. As I know pak mei are very kind hearted. She always help the old folks around the block.When some kind hearted guys give pak mei some fishes, she will scale all the fishes and than give it to the old folks around the block as hse is a vegetarian. She even help the sick people by cooking for some really nice porridge for them.

Pak Mei and her children had been staying together since as long as I remember. Y now than this cousine care for Pak Mei. Last time I never even see the cousin visit. I mean so many yrs le now disturb them and dont give them peace. I dunno whether that cousin got converted pak mei but I remembered pak mei sobbing that cousin keep pestering her to convert to a new religion.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah it is disgusting the new christian of singapore trying to convert the old people by aggressive means.

janetchong

yeah it is disgusting the new christian of singapore trying to convert the old people by aggressive means.

Ya I understand that there are some black sheeps.
But this 2granddaughter are those traditional christian.
very gentle and not agressive

janetchong

Wow too much similarities. But alot of such things happening

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh ya. One more thing I remember the old granny saying something a few yrs ago before she pass on..
cos previously she and my mum will visit the temple on 2 of the days every month.
Both of them and a few neighbours will go market for vegetarian food also.

But few yrs ago she said that a cousin wants her to become Kristians. My mum ask her why she didn't want to convert.
She said Kristain people quite bad as they like to put fear into you to force a person to convert. She said that since the cousin said that since she loves her so much , she will not meet her because pak mei will go to hell while the cousin will go to heaven.
But since her filial daughter and sons and other grand daughter are all Taoist and Buddhist, most probably she will meet them in hell but it doesn't matter .She is not well educated but she does not like emotional blackmail practiced by some religious ppl.
Of cos she wants to be together with them when she pass away. ..but hell is not a problem because she knew that is a Buddha who will save all out of compassion and love , not aggression and blackmail.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funeral rites are done only to appease the living.:rolleyes: If there is only one true god (if there is), does it matter what funeral rites?

You mean just a fucking wrong choice of funeral rites over less than a week will void the right for the person's soul (if there is) to enter heaven and stay with the "greater being", even if the deceased has been believing in him for a much longer period until death. So much for being a greater being :rolleyes:

Ok, then what will the other xtains brothers and sisters think if a xtian goes through non-xtains funeral rites, they may confuse the younger ones right? Ask them get a fucking brain. If they dont have one, tell them pray to get one.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

since there is so much drama in hospitals which cater to old folks, media corpses are better off stalking the hallways with video cams, audio equipment, lights, directors, producers and supporting cast for the next reality tv hit.

All religions are unproven stuff. That's why I'm freethinker. No use and no meaning fighting over unproven stuff. How can any ritual send anybody to heaven after death, so that people living are quarreling over ritual for the dead? Ritual is just a form of respect and dignity for the dead.