• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KJ Credibility is at stake

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple of incidents that I found wanting where KJ is concerned.

1. Most newbie politicians struggle to get an identity and a brand. KJ had a head start with JBJ namebrand but does not seem to know how to capitalise on it.

2. Its hard to to form a political party and attract quality people. He had both and squandered it just before his first test. And badly at that.

3. His "no more empty promises" slogan followed by 3 promises of his own which are a) move to Punggol, b) full time MP and c) 10% donation. Assuming if he wins, all 3 can be achieved immediately with no problem or assistance from anyone. And he does not have to meet the people, do anything and not even come out of his new house until the next elections and he will be the only politician on paper not to have broken any promises.

4) the online death threats and he painting it as deadly serious only to find out that the son is having a jolly good time on the net and even took on the troll. The bull about Merlin report, Interpol etc.

5) going on political adventures of his own and then seeking donations to cover damages. The lawsuit was unnecessary.

6) the ill fated talks SPP and the ridiculous demands without any past achievements to back it up.

Clearly he has an issue with people, with interpretation of events and with judgement. I do note that his past vocation did not require or teach him any skills about people and group dynamics but his detachment from reality is disturbing. The poor performance of himself in GE2011 should have been a lesson and a warning sign and things should have changed. It seems to have got worse.

You guys don't know that he lost another few generals on the quiet. Kumar Appavoo who was his West Coast teammate and RP CEC member. He is seen with Mrs Chiam at a SPP event recently.

There seems to be no end to how well he can't get along with people. They are already the 3rd batch of recruits since RP was formed.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ has just committed suicide actually by openly criticising another opposition party. That's the most idiotic thing to do. He's an absolute disgrace and should get out of the political scene and go back to England.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then his father would have been a non-starter with the Reform Party.

KJ has just committed suicide actually by openly criticising another opposition party. That's the most idiotic thing to do. He's an absolute disgrace and should get out of the political scene and go back to England.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then his father would have been a non-starter with the Reform Party.

Actually, if you track back, the father did not manage to get many people into his party, let alone good people. An old timer like Ng teck Siong was one person that joined him. Other than him, the others were largely a number of names required to get the party registered with the Registry of Societies. You can see this report:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/354833/1/.html

3 months or so after the formal registration JBJ passed on.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
From SMRTSG facebook:

All postings posted by us on this page should not be taken seriously or as a factual reference. This is a parody account, stupid.

Mr Jeyaretnam is making himself so stupid arguing with a faceless facebook account that post parody and stupid posts.

Mr Jeyaretnam can never win a lawsuit against SMRTSG because the facebook account did say "All postings posted by us on this page should not be taken seriously or as a factual reference." Just what are you thinking, Kenneth?

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A parody account can't still post libelous things and be liable for it.
Problem is finding the owner of the account. Fairly sure the owner is smart enough to protect himself, e.g. using VPN and/or proxy or stuff like that.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first politician to respond to troll is GMS, now KJ follows. We are getting more of these jokers fooling around.

Someone who voted for RP during GE told me that he might want to spoil his vote the next time.

Sam forum has enough room for KJ and Desmond if they fail in this BE. Tell them to cum inside here and do some political ANALysis. I am sure there will be more listeners to them than their open rally. Who knows, they might get wiser for the next GE after free "training" in this forum.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lah ... anyone not from WP is a puppet. KJ a puppet. Desmond also puppet. The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan also puppet. General of the Armies (minus 10 ranks) Goh Meng Seng also puppet.

WP is worse than the PAP.

Yes. Otherwise the PAP will use him like a puppet.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lah ... anyone not from WP is a puppet. KJ a puppet. Desmond also puppet. The MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan also puppet. General of the Armies (minus 10 ranks) Goh Meng Seng also puppet.

WP is worse than the PAP.

And the BIGGEST puppet of all is cass888 (puppet of the PAP of course)

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly enough, you can see that the two parties which came in here when they weren't supposed to are also the two worst performing parties of 2011. It's almost as though they knew this was their last chance - get a good result and live, or get a bad result and die.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ's credibility just went down the jamban.
Cant support this guy anymore, as recent events show, he is not cut out for this.

Hope he either learns proper political skills or go back to england.

disappointed.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all heard about the death threat alleged to be against his son, himself and family. He has threatened to cancel his rally unless the local police has assured his and party members safety. He also claimed that he has lodged a report with the Metropolitan Police in London, claimed that Cyber Security team as well as the Interpol are involved.

Naturally everyone is concerned and have even stopped making derogatory remarks to some extent about him.

I now find out that the son is happily tweeting away with his photo displayed with no sign of stress. I also heard that the son as far as his tweeter responses are concerned appears to laugh about the trolling.

I also found out that the Merlin report is applied to everything involving a child including missing kids, school yard bullying etc. It does mean anything in the large scheme of things.

Tell me which parents allows a 16 year kid to continue tweeting on a channel where he is supposed to have received the death threat, continue to display his photo etc. Quite irresponsible of both the husband and wife. Have a look at the tweets and tell me that the kid is doing something no different to what other kids are doing.

By the way, Interpol do not conduct any investigation. They just relay messages and issue wanted notices.

Getting pretty mad with this guy. It better be a serious incident and not something to jerk people around.

you are so outdated, apparently it seen quite serious.

"There was an act of vandalism at the RP office; someone broke a large flower pot on the steps of the party building. The police are investigating the act of vandalism, and have assured our safety and stepped up security," he said, adding that he was at the police station until 2am, and hence had to cancel this morning's planned walkabouts.

"My son has received horrific threats of castration via email, and there have been actual death threats directed at him. It is now under police investigation," said the RP Secretary-General, speaking to the press just after the RP rally at Rivervale Crescent had ended.

"We do not know where the threats are coming from. The email was sent directly to my son's email. I cannot comment (further) on the contents. It's a horrific thing for a 16-year-old to receive. The Police in UK are taking this very seriously. They even asked my son to stay in their police station."

He added: "Some reporters had the audacity to suggest we made police report on death threats to win sympathy votes. I found that disgusting.

"We're trying to stay focussed but obviously they've distracted us."

Two e-mail messages, containing 27 "awful images", proved to be the last straw for Reform Party (RP) candidate Kenneth Jeyaretnam as he considered calling off his first election rally last night.

His wife, Mrs Amanda Jeyaretnam, 52, yesterday also revealed the nature and content of the threats that the family had received in a phone interview with The Straits Times. Both Mrs Jeyaretnam and her son Jared, 16, live in London.

Referring to the e-mail messages, she said: "They were the most shocking, awful messages I have ever seen," she said. "My son called me immediately and was screaming into the phone. He was so terrified."

"I called him and woke him up. He removed it before anyone could have seen it," she said. "I can't reveal what exactly was written in those threats because I don't want the person to be alerted and leave the country or hinder police investigations."

A police spokesman confirmed that two reports were made, and they "are looking into the matter".

Mrs Jeyaretnam, who had initially planned to travel with her son to Singapore next month, said the trip is now on hold. But despite their fears, she said the family is firmly behind Mr Jeyaretnam in his electoral bid: "We support Kenneth, but I hope that our son can be left out of it."

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another evidence that academic qualifications (1st class Cambridge) do not necessary make a good leader/statesman-as can be seen even more on the pappy's side.
I hope people do not repeat the same mistakes of voting for the son because of the father-haven't we suffered enough?

Last edited:

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno whether it's just my imagination or what. But I watched the recent videos and GE2011 videos of KJ, he seems to changed alot in appearance and speach. He looks and sound like JBJ now.