• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keep Moustache

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agree. I used to keep a full beard when I was in US, trying out a little hippie culture. Not worth the while as beard grooming on top of barbering there was very expensive. My girlfriend (now my wife) was complaining and nagging everyday. After a few months, I shaved it clean and never looked back. It's not sexy. Girls hate it too.

japanese woman love facial hair ...looks so manly and cool ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;4SmWhwZqBig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SmWhwZqBig&feature=player_embedded[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;8LIJp8YrAA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LIJp8YrAA4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
while not exactly known for being able to grow even partially-full beards, facial hair is in for Japanese men, both young and old alike. those on the young end of the spectrum tend to be with a hipper crowd, are students, or simply don’t care about looking like a clean-shaven salaryman. after all, most Japanese men who enter companies are forced to stay smooth per company policy. however, once they retire (or get off of work for the weekend) there’s a whole new world of goatees and mustaches that only need some patience….or a little adhesive!

having facial hair (hige in Japanese) takes a bit of work for most men, and the older guys who can pull it off and look good doing it are called choiwaru oyaji (ちょい悪おやじ), meaning “cool old man”. you can spot guys like this all over Tokyo these days, looking sharp in a modern suit with no necktie and sporting a neatly trimmed beard. for young guys, a beard is the perfect counter-action to the mainstream feminization of Japanese men, a la Kat-Tun. it separates the men from the boys....:smile:

of course, not everyone is blessed with a beard that can be worked with beyond a few sprouts on the chin. for these unfortunate (lucky?) fellows, companies like " Propia " have had great success in marketing fake facial hair that isn’t over-the-top, but is just enough to create the look their customers want. the word for “fake beard” in Japanese is tsuke hige , and they’ve been a surprise hit for both retired salarymen and and current ones who want the look for just a couple of days. i seen some around town that i suspected were fake, but it’s nearly impossible to tell as far as i know. At about $50 for a goatee, they’d better look pretty real.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is lucky that your father, brothers and uncles do not have a fetish for wearing skirts :eek:

hi there

1. bro, damn funny, man!
2. honest, the trader post a genuine question mah.
3. i kept moustache too.
4. but it always tickled my gal whenever i makan her leh.
5. so no choice trim it down and subsequently, finally potong it away.
6. still got to shave daily!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
having a rugged image with unshaved facial hair is in in japan ...

Actually I like sideburn but don't have good sideburn, just very short, not worth keeping. Sideburn look macho and younger, moustache look old. Totally unshaven is cannot since must get rid of the goatee. That one is ah pek like my grandfather. Cannot keep nowadays one.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seen before botak keeping moustache bo?

Where is he...wonder how he looks like...:o

when I was younger I wanted to keep moustache but it didn't grow
so I kept my nose hair very long long one looked from far like moustache like dat

in order to keep them down I applied lot of Tancho, like TT