• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

kampong chicken

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a farm, or you raise these as pets? You in Oz?

Have a question - I sometimes buy Cornish Hens from the supermarket for barbecue. They are smaller than regular roaster hens but taste exactly like chicken, no different. Wish to know - are they a different species from the domestic chickens or same bird, just slaughtered earlier? When purchased, they're already stripped of feathers, leaving only the flesh, bones and skin, vaccum packed in plastic. I don't see the complete physical form and do not know what it'd look like alive. Any idea? They are labelled Cornish Game Hen or Cornish Hen.

Cheers!

.......I rear Silkies for boiling soup. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
neddy you dare to kill it yourself or you send to butcher?

If you are new, use a cone for a painless quick kill. Stick the head thru the small hole of the cone and use a sharp knife to slit the main artery below the beak, it is a messy job since the blood may splash, so wear proper attire, and have the cone attached to a bin to reduce the mess. i don't like to dislocate the neck and make the bird suffer.

If you care for your animals properly, you will find it easier to kill them. It is quite fun after a while. See the live chicken sellers at the markets in Malaysia - until the early 1980s Singapore.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best chickens are the ones you grow yourself - free range.
After I eat the eggs laid by my Barnevelder hens, I find supermarket eggs taste bland.

They are so easy to cook, I can just hold up the egg white, very firm.
I rear Silkies for boiling soup. :biggrin:

Silky_bantam.jpg

wan lan eh.
so cute.i will just keep it as a pet till it final breath

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually all living things except plants are smelly.
human smell the worse if they dont bath daily.

Ah nehs can shower 3-4 times daily and still stink.

Hey cheapo charlie TS, where is your wet market ah soh $2 input in this thread?
I'm waiting for your signature Kuching kurat punch line.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya. my dog bathe only weekly stink to the max. need to spray the fur to keep it refresh.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah nehs can shower 3-4 times daily and still stink.

Hey cheapo charlie TS, where is your wet market ah soh $2 input in this thread?
I'm waiting for your signature Kuching kurat punch line.

any thread that got chicken content sure got your presence.
really lived up your teeko despo trait

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get the not so smelly breedss..the smellliest breed is the German shepherd,,,and shed loads of fur too,,the least smelliest is poodles,,,but,,have month have to go dog dresser,,,anyway I dont keep pets,,no time for them..

Most animals have their own smell. Dogs too, but there're plenty of dog lovers out there.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep a cat then. Just bath them like once a month. I've managed to train mine to take out for walks now no leash. Supposedly chicken can be done in a leash as well.
Most animals have their own smell. Dogs too, but there're plenty of dog lovers out there.