• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because of A Postcard

I joined the military in 1950. After training, I was sent to
France with the first contingent of NATO. Shortly after I
arrived, I went into town to buy some postcards. I went into
this little shop. The lady there could not speak English nor
could I speak French. I pointed at the postcards and she nodded.
She wrote down the amount that the cards I choose would cost
and I paid her. Later at the barracks, I looked at the slip and
the change she gave me. I thought she gave me back more money
than she should have.

I went back the next day and showed her the paper and money
and indicated it didn't match. She then printed the amount a
little different and it was correct. It was the way they print
their numbers that were misunderstood.

Three months later the chaplain invited the small protestant
church to a picnic we were having. As I was serving the
hotdogs, who walks up but the lady who sold me the postcards.
About five minutes later, I turned the tongs over to someone
else and joined her. By this time she could speak some English
and I could speak a little French.

Three years later I married her. It was a hard decision for
both of us as we had some big obstacles before both of us. She
was 13 years older than I, and my parents thought two things.

1. She was robbing the cradle so to speak.
2. She was looking for a free trip to the states.

For her, it was leaving all of her relatives behind and moving
6,000 miles away with the possibility of never seeing them
again. In other words, it just wouldn't work.

She had talked with her pastor and I with the chaplain. They
told us if we put our trust in the Lord completely and truly
love each other, it will work.

I think we proved everyone wrong as we have now been married
54 years and still going strong.

Thanks to our Lord.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quotes for January 8

Genocide

During this period, Joshua destroyed all the descendants of Anak, who lived in the hill country of Hebron, Debir, Anab, and the entire hill country of Judah and Israel. He killed them all and completely destroyed their towns. Not one was left in all the land of Israel, though some still remained in Gaza, Gath, and Ashdod. So Joshua took control of the entire land, just as the LORD had instructed Moses. He gave it to the people of Israel as their special possession, dividing the land among the tribes. So the land finally had rest from war. (Joshua 11:21-23 NLT)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for January 9

Saul’s Kindness

Saul sent this message to the Kenites: "Move away from where the Amalekites live or else you will die with them. For you were kind to the people of Israel when they came up from Egypt." So the Kenites packed up and left. Then Saul slaughtered the Amalekites from Havilah all the way to Shur, east of Egypt. (1 Samuel 15:6-7 NLT)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
caucasian-jesus.jpg

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because I Said So!

I brought my parents into my home three years ago. Mom had
premature senility, Dad had kidney failure. At the same time my
husband was dying of heart disease, a complication of diabetes.
I have rheumatoid arthritis, and some days it is so painful to
move I would sit and cry, and ask "why?"

To make a long story short, I took care of these people, until
they all passed away, within six weeks of each other. Mom first,
then my husband of 33 years, then my Dad. I would sit at the
kitchen table and just sob, asking God "why"?

One day, and I know this sounds strange, during one long tear
filled cry, I heard HIM... my heavenly Father, who said, simply,
"Because I said so".

As a mom, I've said that so many times, because as parents we
think we know best. At that point, I knew I missed my loved
ones, but I missed my life of being needed too. By last spring
I began to look around and realize life was going on, and I
needed to get moving. I knelt in prayer one night, and asked
HIM to show me the way to go now. Less than a month later I
met John, my current husband. He had lost his wife too. We met
on July 22, 2007 and after some time together and in prayer,
we were married August 31, 2007.

You see, it would have so easy to just sit and wait to be
called home by HIM, but I believe by asking He will show the
way. He did for me, and sent me the man I had asked for. John
actually is exactly what I asked for, praise God, right down
to the same faith.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for January 14

Baby Bashing

"Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9 NAB

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for January 15

Burning of temple at Baal (There's nothing like a good church barbeque.)

"Then Jehu called a meeting of all the people of the city and said to them, "Ahab hardly worshiped Baal at all compared to the way I will worship him! Summon all the prophets and worshipers of Baal, and call together all his priests. See to it that every one of them comes, for I am going to offer a great sacrifice to Baal. Any of Baal's worshipers who fail to come will be put to death." But Jehu's plan was to destroy all the worshipers of Baal. Then Jehu ordered, "Prepare a solemn assembly to worship Baal!" So they did. He sent messengers throughout all Israel summoning those who worshiped Baal. They all came and filled the temple of Baal from one end to the other. And Jehu instructed the keeper of the wardrobe, "Be sure that every worshiper of Baal wears one of these robes." So robes were given to them"

"Then Jehu went into the temple of Baal with Jehonadab son of Recab. Jehu said to the worshipers of Baal, "Make sure that only those who worship Baal are here. Don't let anyone in who worships the LORD!" So they were all inside the temple to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had surrounded the building with eighty of his men and had warned them, "If you let anyone escape, you will pay for it with your own life."

"As soon as Jehu had finished sacrificing the burnt offering, he commanded his guards and officers, "Go in and kill all of them. Don't let a single one escape!" So they killed them all with their swords, and the guards and officers dragged their bodies outside. Then Jehu's men went into the fortress of the temple of Baal. They dragged out the sacred pillar used in the worship of Baal and destroyed it. They broke down the sacred pillar of Baal and wrecked the temple of Baal, converting it into a public toilet. That is what it is used for to this day." 2 Kings 10:18-27 NLT

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THE SENILITY PRAYER

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
the most dangerous aspect of religion is its tendency to glorify the absurd and justify the abhorrent. - Stifyn Emrys

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for January 15

Burning of temple at Baal (There's nothing like a good church barbeque.)

"Then Jehu called a meeting of all the people of the city and said to them, "Ahab hardly worshiped Baal at all compared to the way I will worship him! Summon all the prophets and worshipers of Baal, and call together all his priests. See to it that every one of them comes, for I am going to offer a great sacrifice to Baal. Any of Baal's worshipers who fail to come will be put to death." But Jehu's plan was to destroy all the worshipers of Baal. Then Jehu ordered, "Prepare a solemn assembly to worship Baal!" So they did. He sent messengers throughout all Israel summoning those who worshiped Baal. They all came and filled the temple of Baal from one end to the other. And Jehu instructed the keeper of the wardrobe, "Be sure that every worshiper of Baal wears one of these robes." So robes were given to them"

"Then Jehu went into the temple of Baal with Jehonadab son of Recab. Jehu said to the worshipers of Baal, "Make sure that only those who worship Baal are here. Don't let anyone in who worships the LORD!" So they were all inside the temple to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had surrounded the building with eighty of his men and had warned them, "If you let anyone escape, you will pay for it with your own life."

"As soon as Jehu had finished sacrificing the burnt offering, he commanded his guards and officers, "Go in and kill all of them. Don't let a single one escape!" So they killed them all with their swords, and the guards and officers dragged their bodies outside. Then Jehu's men went into the fortress of the temple of Baal. They dragged out the sacred pillar used in the worship of Baal and destroyed it. They broke down the sacred pillar of Baal and wrecked the temple of Baal, converting it into a public toilet. That is what it is used for to this day." 2 Kings 10:18-27 NLT

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is It Right?

Cowardice asks the question, ‘Is it safe?’
Expediency asks the question, ‘Is it politic?’
And Vanity comes along and asks the question, ‘Is it popular?’
But Conscience asks the question ‘Is it right?’

And there comes a time when one must take a position that
is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do
it because Conscience tells him it is right.

~Martin Luther King~

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most dangerous aspect of religion is its tendency to glorify the absurd and justify the abhorrent. - Stifyn Emrys

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stunning
=========

While at a local garden center, I overhead two elderly ladies
explaining to a clerk concerns about the moles in their yard.
The young man offered them poison and assured them that they'd
be permanently gone.

Both ladies gasped and said, "Oh, no, we don't want to harm them!
We just want to stun them!"

God is often like that. As Jeremiah 29:11 states, He know the
plans that he has for us. Plans not to harm us, but to give us
hope and a future. Sometimes, He just has to stun us with
difficult circumstances to get our attention