• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lunch With God

A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a six pack of Root beer and he started his journey. When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in the park just staring at some pigeons.

The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a Twinkie. She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him.

Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Again, she smiled at him. The boy was delighted!

They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word. As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave, but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the old woman, and gave her a hug.

She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face.

She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?"

He replied, "I had lunch with God." But before his mother could respond, he added, "You know what? She's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home. Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked, "Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?"

She replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God." However, before her son responded, she added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

Embrace all equally!

Send this to people who have touched your life in a special way.

Let them know how important they are. Have lunch with God

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Master's Card

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." - Romans 10:9

By now you have probably seen the catchy television commercials for Mastercard. They start by identifying some things that people can buy with their Mastercard, then show a moment that is priceless and end by saying, "There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard."

For example, in one such commercial there is a man and his young son headed to the baseball park. The commercial shows the dad buying his son a hot dog and you hear the words, "Hot dog at the big league game...$3.00." The next scene shows the dad buying a game program and the words, "Program...$6.00." Then, one of those large, orange hands with the fingers forming a #1 is shown and you hear something like, "Large, orange hand...$15.00."

The commercial finishes by showing the father explaining some important aspect of the game to his son, who is listening intently as he looks up at his father with excitement in his eyes, "Meaningful conversation between a father and a son...priceless." "There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard."

Friends, I'm not unlike those agencies promoting their favorite credit card. I'm here to advertise. You see, my life is a commercial for others to see. I'm a card carrying representative for the Master's Card.

That's right, the MASTER'S CARD. Let me tell you about it. There are no finance charges, no payments due. My bill has already been covered...it's a prepaid deal. I couldn't afford the price, so Jesus stepped in and paid it for me. My Name is written on the the card for all to see. It is accessible twenty-four hours a day from anywhere in the world. The MASTER'S CARD has so many benefits it's hard to list them all. Let me share some of them with you...you might want to apply for a personal card yourself.

Just for starters there is UNLIMITED GRACE. That's right, there is no pre-set limit to the amount of grace you receive from the MASTER'S CARD. Have you been looking for love in all the wrong places? Then, look no farther than the MASTER'S CARD. It offers the greatest rate on love that has ever been offered.

The MASTER'S CARD gives you access to many "members only" benefits. Want real joy despite the difficulties of life? Apply for the MASTER'S CARD. Want a lasting peace? Apply for the MASTER'S CARD. Looking for something you can always rely on in a jam? The MASTER'S CARD is perfect for you.

Another great thing about the MASTER'S CARD is that it never expires. Once you're a member, you're a member for life...eternal life, that is. Membership has its privileges, you know.

How do you receive the MASTER'S CARD. Dial 1-800-ROMANS10:9 "if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Jesus is standing by right now to take your call.

Don't delay. This great offer won't last forever.
Peace, joy and hope: Invaluable.

Faith, contentment and assurance: Inestimable.
Salvation: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For those, there's the Master's Card. Christian, why not be an advertisement for the MASTER'S CARD. Let you life be a commercial today for Jesus Christ.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Birthday

As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in my honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials, and in every part of the world everyone is talking that my birthday is getting closer and closer.

It is really very nice to know, that at least once a year, some people think of me. As you know, the celebration of my birthday began many years ago. At first people seemed to understand and be thankful of all that I did for them, but in these times, no one seems to know the reason for the celebration. Family and friends get together and have a lot of fun, but they don't know the meaning of the celebration.

I remember that last year there was a great feast in my honor. The dinner table was full of delicious foods, pastries, fruits, assorted nuts and chocolates. The decorations were exquisite and there were many, many beautifully wrapped gifts.

But, do you want to know something? I wasn't invited. I was the guest of honor and they didn't remember to send me an invitation.

The party was for me, but when that great day came, I was left outside, they closed the door in my face...and I wanted to be with them and share their table. In truth, that didn't surprise me because in the last few years all close their doors to me.

Since I was not invited, I decided to enter the party without making any noise. I went in and stood in a corner. They were all drinking; there were some who were drunk and telling jokes and laughing at everything. They were having a great time.

To top it all, this big fat man all dressed in red wearing a long white beard entered the room yelling Ho-Ho-Ho! He seemed drunk. He sat on the sofa and all the children ran to him, saying : "Santa Claus, Santa Claus".... as if the party were in his honor !

At 12 midnight all the people began to hug each other ; I extended my arms waiting for someone to hug me and .... do you know .... no one hugged me. Suddenly they all began to share gifts. They opened them one by one with great expectation.

When all had been opened, I looked to see if, maybe, there was one for me. What would you feel if on your birthday everybody shared gifts and you did not get one ? I then understood that I was unwanted at that party and quietly left. Every year it gets worse.

People only remember to eat and drink, the gifts, the parties and nobody remembers me. I would like this Christmas that you allow me to enter into your life. I would like that you recognize the fact that almost two thousand years ago I came to this world to give my life for you, on the cross, to save you. Today, I only want that you believe this with all you heart.

I want to share something with you. As many didn't invite me to their party, I will have my own celebration, a grandiose party that no one has ever imagined, a spectacular party. I'm still making the final arrangements.

Today I am sending out many invitations and there is an invitation for you. I want to know if you wish to attend and I will make a reservation for you and write your name with golden letters in my great guest book. Only those on the guest list will be invited to the party. Those who don't answer the invitation, will be left outside.

Do you know how you can answer this invitation? it is by extending it to others whom you care for...

I'll be waiting for all of you to attend my party this year...

See you soon..... I love you !

-Jesus-

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Merry Birthday

This tiny piece of paper goes out to all my friends
As this Holiday called Christmas
Brings this year to an end.

It's now a time of hustle
Shopping bags and mistletoe
Putting up your tree, the lights,
And fighting traffic to and fro.

It's Christmas carols and Christmas cards,
It's wrapping gifts and food,
It's saying "Hi" to Santa
That puts us in a festive mood.

But amongst the cheery crowds,
Decorations and the snow,
Lies a very special birthday
Few remember, and some don't even know.

The reason for the season
Is the birth of Someone's Son,
In buying all your presents
Did you remember to buy Him one?

He wouldn't want a razor
Or a fifty dollar tie,
A brand new tool from Sears, heck no
He's not your ordinary guy.

It's Somebody's birthday
But no need to fill that cart
For the gift that you should give Him
Is right inside your heart.

And Christmas is the holiday
When our hearts are filled with Peace
What if we gave that gift all year
At every birthday feast?

Can you imagine having Christmas cheer
With everyone you meet?
Sounds kind of like His birthday wish
Is really ours to keep.

So here is hoping that your Christmas
Is as beautiful and bright
As the stars that shone on Jesus
On that cold December night.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New Perspective

One day a very wealthy father took his son on a trip to the country for the sole purpose of showing his son how it was to be poor. They spent a few days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

After their return from the trip, the father asked is son how he liked the trip. "It was great, Dad," the son replied. "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Oh Yeah," said the son.

"So what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father. The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.

We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them." The boy's father was speechless. Then his son added, "It showed me how poor we are."

Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what we don't have. What is one person's worthless object is another's prize possession. It is all based on one's perspective.

Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks to the Creator for all the bounty we have been provided by Him, instead of worrying about wanting more. Take joy in all He has given each and every one of us, especially rejoice in our friends.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never Beyond Your Reach

I may falter in my steps
Sometimes lose sight of you
I'm never beyond your reach
No matter what I do

At times I may lose my way
Forgetful you are there
Feeling bad about myself
Forgetting morning prayer

Many times as I might fall
You always remind me
No matter how far I go
You will always hear my plea

For now a comforting thought
Til I again forget
I can't fall beyond your reach
At least I haven't yet

So even though I falter
In thoughts or in my speech
I find comfort in knowing
I'm not beyond your reach

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No Destination?

“Our next story is from Matt, who’s reporting from World Airport, where an unheard of phenomenon is occurring. Matt, what’s going on?”

The newscast cut over to Matt, who stood in the middle of a bustling airport terminal. Matt’s face instantly told the viewer that whatever he was about to report was quite unusual. “Well, Dan, I’ve been interviewing passengers at the airport, and no one seems to know where they’re traveling.”

Dan raised his eyebrows, incredulous. “What do you mean? Everyone knows where they’re traveling. Why else would they be traveling?”

Matt shook his head. “I know it’s hard to fathom, but that’s exactly the issue. Here, I’ll interview someone so you can hear it for yourself. Excuse me, Sir, do you have a minute for a few questions?”

The gentleman stopped and gave Matt his attention. “Sure, so long as it’s brief.”

Matt nodded. “It will be. I was just wondering if you could tell our viewers your final destination.”

“My final destination?” the man raised her eyebrows. “Well, I don’t typically think much about that. I’m just enjoying the present, you know. I’m not really sure where I’ll end up. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to run.”

“See what I mean?” Matt narrated, looking at the camera again.

“Surely some passengers have thought about their destination, at least?” Dan queried.

Matt nodded. “Oh, yes, some have. But they seem under a delusion about how to arrive there. Here, let me interview someone else. Excuse me, Ma’am,” Matt asked a lady walking by. “What’s your final destination?”

“Oh, I hope I’ll end up in Paradise,” the woman replied with a smile.

“Do you have a ticket?” Matt prodded.

“A ticket?” The woman thought for a moment. “No, but I try to be a good person. I’m a whole lot better than most folks. I’m sure they’ll let me on the plane.” The woman smiled.

On the other end of the newscast, Dan’s face dropped. Did he just hear that correctly?

“See what I mean?” Matt asked after the woman had walked away. “No one seems to grasp the fact that you need a ticket to get on a plane. People here complain a lot about the airport accommodations as if the journey itself was all there was to consider. It’s really strange, Dan. Here, let me try this gentleman. He looks a lot more serious than some of the others.”

“Excuse me, Sir, what’s your ultimate destination?”

The man paused. “I hope I’ll end up in Paradise,” he replied.

“You hope?”

The man nodded. “No one can know for sure if the airline will take their ticket. But I’ve worked hard to make mine and keep it clean, so I’m hopeful.”

Matt looked at the homemade ticket the man held. “Did it occur to you that perhaps you have to get a ticket from the airline, and that any ticket not issued by them won’t get you on board?”

The man shook his head. “No, no, that’s so narrow-minded. Any well-done ticket will be accepted. You can bring yours from the airline, and I’ll bring mine. They’re all the same in the end. Now if you’ll excuse me…”

Matt sighed, turning back to the camera and explaining more details. “I went to the ticket counter a few minutes ago. They’re offering free tickets to any who want them. But most people seem either caught up in the moment and not worrying about their final destination, or else confident they’ll get on board without an official ticket. It’s a strange, terrible delusion, Dan. Even worse, this airport is going to be destroyed soon. These people have got to get on a plane out of here or–”

Matt’s voice cut off, emotion overcoming him.

Dan nodded, trying hard to keep his composure. “Do what you can to warn people, Matt. Maybe some will get a real ticket while they still can.”

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6

“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2 Corinthians 4:4

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No Jacket Required

"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8,9

I shook my head in disbelief.

This couldn't be the right place. After all, I couldn't possibly be welcome here.

I had been given an invitation several times, by several different people, and had finally decided to see what this place was all about.

But, this just couldn't be the right place.

Quickly, I glanced down at the invitation that I clutched in my hand. I scanned past the words, "Come as you are. No jacket required." and found the location.

Yes, I was at the right place.

I peered through the window again and saw a room of people whose faces seemed to glow with joy. All were neatly dressed, adorned in fine garments and appeared strangely clean as they dined at this exquisite restaurant.

Ashamed, I looked down at my own tattered and torn clothing, covered in stains. I was dirty, in fact, filthy. A foul smell seemed to consume me and I couldn't shake the grime that clung to my body.

As I turned around to leave, the words from the invitation seemed to leap out at me... ..

."Come as you are. No jacket required."

I decided to give it a shot. Mustering up every bit of courage I could find, I opened the door to this restaurant and walked up to a man standing behind a podium.

"Your name, sir?" he asked me with a smile.

"Jimmy D. Brown," I mumbled without looking up. I thrust my hands deep into my pockets, hoping to conceal their stains.

He didn't seem to notice the filth that I was covered in and he continued, "Very good, sir. A table is reserved in your name.

Would you like to be seated?"

I couldn't believe what I heard! A grin broke out on my face and I said, "Yes, of course!"

He lead me to a table and, sure enough, there was a placard with my name written on it in a deep, dark red. As I browsed over a menu, I saw many delightful items listed.

There were things like, "peace," "joy," "blessings," "confidence," "assurance," "hope," "love," "faith," and "mercy." I realized that this was no ordinary restaurant!

I flipped the menu back to the front in order to see where I was at... ...

"God's Grace," was the name of this place!

The man returned and said, "I recommend the 'Special of the Day' With it, you are entitled to heaping portions of everything on this menu."

You've got to be kidding! I thought to myself. You mean,
I can have ALL of this!
"What is the 'Special of the Day' I asked with excitement ringing in my voice.

"Salvation," was his reply.

"I'll take it," I practically cried out.

Then, as quickly as I made that statement, the joy left my body. A sick, painful ache jerked through my stomach and tears filled my eyes. Between my sobs I said...

"Mister, look at me. I'm dirty and nasty. I'm unclean and unworthy of such things. I'd love to have all of this, but, but, I just can't afford it."

Undaunted, the man smiled again. "Sir, your check has already been taken care of by that Gentleman over there," he said pointing to the front of the room. "His Name is Jesus."

Turning, I saw a man whose very presence seemed to light the room. He was almost too much to look at. I found myself walking towards Him and in a shaking voice I whispered, "Sir, I'll wash the dishes or sweep the floors or take out the trash. I'll do anything I can do to repay you for all of this."

He opened His arms and said with a smile, "Son, all of this is yours if you just come unto me.

Ask me to clean you up and I will. Ask me to take away the stains and it is done. Ask me to to allow you to feast at my table and you will eat. Remember, the table is reserved in your name. All you must do is accept this gift that I offer you."

Astonished, I fell at his feet and said, "Please, Jesus. Please clean up my life. Please change me and sit me at your table and give me this new life."

Immediately, I heard the words, "It is finished." I looked down and white robes adorned my squeaky clean body. Something strange and wonderful had happened. I felt new, like a weight had been lifted and I found myself seated at His table.

"The 'Special of the Day' has been served," the Lord said to me. "Salvation is yours."

We sat and talked for a great while and I so enjoyed the time that I spent with Him. He told me, me of all people, that He would like to me to come back as often as I liked for another helping from God's Grace. He made it clear that He wanted me to spend as much time with Him as possible.

As it drew near time for me to go back outside into the "real world," He whispered to me softly, "And Lo, I am with you always."

And then, He said something to me that I will never forget. He said...

"My child, do you see these empty tables throughout this room?"

"Yes, Lord. I see them. What do they mean?" I replied.

"These are reserved tables...but the individuals whose names are on each placard have not accepted their invitations to dine. Would you be so kind as to hand out these invitations to those who have not joined us yet?" Jesus asked.

"Of course," I said with excitement as I picked up the invitations.

"Go ye therefore into all nations," He said as I turned to leave.

I walked into God's Grace dirty and hungry. Stained in sin. My righteousness as filthy rags. And Jesus cleaned me up. I walked out a brand new man...robed in white, His righteousness.

And so, I'll keep my promise to my Lord. I'll go. I'll spread the Word.

I'll share the Gospel... ...

I'll hand out the invitations.

And I'll start with you.

Have you been to God's Grace? There's a table reserved in your name, and here's your invitation...

"Come as you are. No jacket required."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No Time II

I got up this morning and I wanted to pray, but I had no time
I had to go pay a bill and I wanted to go to bible study, but I had no time
I had to go to the store and I wanted to go to church, but I had no time

I had so much to do so many places to go that I just had no time for God
I lived a good life it was now time to die
I wanted to sat goodbye, but I had no time

I stood before God on judgement day there he stood with a book in his hand
It was the book of life
He opened the book and looked in it
He then looked at me and said
There once was a time I wanted to write down your name, but I had no time

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On A Wooden Cross

On a wooden cross out side, Jesus sufferd and died.
With nails in his hands and feet, he did it for a promise he had to keep.

He hoped it would show everyone, that his father would forgive them for the bad things they've done.

You can meet him one day in Heaven, just say the Sinner's Prayer, and you will be forgiven

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One Day Soon

Once there was a man who loved his church and loved Sunday School. He hardly ever missed, and was loath to be absent, even on account of sickness. Then one Sunday, he thought, "I have always been faithful to the church and to Sunday School, and it is the last day of hunting season, so I think I will miss this one Sunday and make one last hunting trip." So, he did.

The next Sunday was the NFL playoffs, and he hadn't missed two Sundays in a row in ages, so, he thought, "They won't miss me. No one even called last week to see where I was. I'll just skip today and go next Sunday." And so, he did.

Then there was the Pro-bowl. Then there were the NBA playoffs. And then it was spring and good fishing weather. Then the World Series. Then hunting season again. Then.... Then.... And then....

One Saturday night, much later, as he prepared himself for bed, the man felt a little tug at his heart and thought to himself, "I think I will go to Sunday School tomorrow and see some of my old friends." So, before retiring, he phoned his old Sunday School teacher and asked if the class still started at 10;00 A.M. When the old teacher heard the question, he laughed wistfully and replied, "No, the men's class doesn't meet anymore. Everyone just lost interest."

"Ah, well!" Sighed the man, "I'll just skip Sunday School and go to church, but, not tomorrow. I have too much to do."

Sometime later, on a Saturday night, after having spent the entire day with an unexplained nagging at his mind, the man thought, "I will go to church tomorrow and see how they are doing." So, bright and early Sunday morning the man arose, dressed, and made his way to the little white country church where he had spent so many blissful hours in the company of his Christian friends.

As he approached, he could see that the churchyard was crowded with cars and his heart raced with anticipation of reunion with his many friends. But, as he turned into the drive, he was shocked to see that, on the front of the building where had once hung a familiar cross, now hung a flashing neon sign guaranteeing the best pizza in town.

When he inquired about the church, someone replied, "Oh, this hasn't been used as a church for a long time." Puzzled and somewhat dismayed, he drove home, vowing that next week he would drive into town and visit one of the larger churches to which surely, some of his friends had transferred their membership.

As time passed, the man just could not shake off the vision of the little white church turned pizza parlor. So, one Sunday morning, he dressed and drove into town to attend services at one of the larger churches, where he was sure he could locate a Christian friend, or two from his old congregation.

But, as he approached what had been one of the largest churches in town, he could see that the parking lot was deserted. As he pulled into the parking lot, he could see that the signboard that had once announced the names of the church staff, Sunday School hours, and the title of next Sunday's sermon, now announced the names and suite numbers of lawyers, accountants, consultants, and even a fitness center.

Panic stricken, the man raced down the street to where he knew the next large church stood. A chill ran over him as he turned down the street, because he could see another deserted expanse of blacktop with familiar yellow stripes.

As he approached, he knew, without looking, that, though the names were different, the signboard out front advertised anything but church services. He raced up one street and down another, looking for a church in session, and finally, realizing that his quest was in vain, he raced out onto the highway, intent on escaping this churchless town and finding a place where they still held services and he could go to worship.

As the miles stretched into hundreds and the hours into days and he lost count of the cities through which he passed and the pizza parlors, hamburger joints, office buildings, and garages, decorated with the familiar steeples he saw, the feeling of panic slowly gave way to the sickening realization of what had taken place during the many months that he had been consumed by his own selfish and trivial pursuits.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our Life's Partner

Wishing to encourage her young son's progress on the piano, a mother took her boy to a Paderewski concert. After they were seated, the mother spotted a friend in the audience and walked down the aisle to greet her.

Seizing the opportunity to explore the wonders of the concert hall, the little boy rose and eventually explored his way through a door marked "NO ADMITTANCE". When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing.

Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage. In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." At that moment, the great piano miastro made his entrance and quickly moved to the piano. He whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child and he added a running obligato. Together, the old master and the young novice transformed a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience.

The audience was mesmerized.

That's the way it is with God. What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't exactly graceful flowing music. With the hand of the Master, our life's work truly can be beautiful.

Next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You can hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit. Keep playing." Feel His loving arms around you.

Know that His strong hands are there helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces. Remember, God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called. He'll always be there to love and guide you on to great things

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Happiness Formula

Happiness equals Satisfaction divided by Desires.

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

(1 Tim 6:8 NLT)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moving In The Right Direction?

I find the great thing in this world
is not so much where we stand,

as in what direction we are moving:

To reach the port of heaven,
we must sail sometimes with the wind
and sometimes against it,
but we must sail,
and not drift,
nor lie at anchor

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Music of the Storm

A paradox means a statement that seems self-contradictory but may be true. Here are some deep thoughts, which are as insightful, as they are scary. A Columbine student wrote them:

"The Paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints; we spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less.

We have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time; we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge, but less judgment; more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.

We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor.

We've conquered outer space, but not inner space; we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul; we've split the atom, but not our prejudice. We have higher incomes, but lower morals; we've become long on quantity, but short on quality. These are the times of tall men, and short character; steep profits, and shallow relationships.

These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare; more leisure, but less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition. These are days of two incomes, but more divorce; of fancier houses, but broken homes.

It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in the stockroom; a time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to make a difference...or just hit delete." Pass it on please!

A description of this world! Do you know God? If you do make sure those who don't get to know Him as the wonderful savior He is! This world has so many magnificent things! But so many people don't know God that our potential can never be realized.

Please never forget who you know and what you have in our Lord and Savior It is a wonderful gift!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pictures In The Sky

One day when you are free and seem to have the time
Just go outside and you will see all the pictures in the sky.

Just use your imagination and let your mind soar.
You'll find so many paintings that you can not buy in stores.

These gifts of love are brought to us and all who want to see
From the love God gives us every day,
Just open your heart and believe.

Watch the shapes in the clouds as they begin to form
And feel the comfort of His love for another day is born.

The gifts that He gives to us are not costly at all you see.
The only price is faith and love and the only challenge is to believe.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Reciprocation

I looked outside my window this morning and wondered what God would be doing this sunshiny day.

I wondered if He would be spending His extra moments: making a teenager happy, healing someones marriage, guiding a husband with a decision, counseling a neighbor on the death of her mother.

And then I thought--
No. Maybe God has bigger plans: Inspiring some scientist to discover a cure for a disease, getting union and management together to resolve a conflict, feeding the hungry babies of the world, helping the mentally ill to be less sad.

And then I thought some more--
God has so much to do today,
maybe I can help Him by: baking a cake for a teenager, listening to the feelings of a hurting marriage, suggesting a new direction for a husband, taking a bouquet of Peace Tea roses to a neighbor to put on her mother's grave.

God helps me every day. I think I'll surprise Him... and help Him out today.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Word

Lord my savior, my salvation
You are the one I believe
In my trial and evil temptation
You are the rock on which I lean

Messiah , Christ and redeemer
In you have I kept my belief
I worry not about my future
For I have turned new leaf

From the evil ways of the world
Turned towards the ray of light
Really very hard have I tried
To follow you with all my might

Impossible it would have been
To come out of the whirlpool
If in me you had not been so keen
Followed evil ways like a fool

By your unfailing love and grace
You redeemed from the devil
Thus I have won the eternal race
With your help I have overcome evil

Look forward for a delightful life
Praising you with all my heart
Standing close to you by your side
For you are the savior of the lot

Thank you Jesus thanks again
For loving me and dying for me
For taking away all my pain
Making me a girl quite free

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Romans 6:23

Staring out of the cold bars, I yearned with the entirety of my very being that the sun would never rise. The sunrise, bringing forth the birth of a new day, would bear my execution. Every passing second was a precious grain of sand slipping out of my fingertips beyond my control. In the stale prison cell, the air was sweet and precious. I didn't want to die, though surely I deserved to. What crime, what sin, what terrible atrocity hadn't I committed? And now was the hour of atonement.

Keys jangled sharply from outside the cell door. It couldn't be. Not yet. The faintest ray of sunlight was glimmering, but nothing more. Were they to carry out the sentence early? Was I living my very last minutes? I had tried so hard to prepare myself for this moment, but somehow I just wasn't ready to die. The familiar, austere guard opened the door. An image of a broken body with a head severed filled my frantic mind. Terror seized my rapidly beating heart. Wobbling incessantly, my unstable legs were powerless to support my feeble frame.

But who was the tranquil man who stood behind the guard clad in a tunic, wearing a steady smile on his face? Steadying my trembling flesh with his gentle hands, he told me that he would take my place. Take my place?! I had never laid eyes upon the man before this day. Yet he would take my place and my execution??

When I saw that the man was serious, I wept uncontrollably and was led out of the room of confinement. As I was engulfed by the clear blue sky I thought I would never see again, the realization came that I would live. I glanced back at the bars that had sealed my window from freedom and witnessed a loving glance from the savior before he was led away to serve my sentence.

He had willingly sacrificed himself, though he had done nothing wrong and I was the criminal. Who was this man that would lay down his life so that I might live? "For the wages of sin is death, but this gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."