• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jesus was a Buddhist monk? BBC Documentary.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This BBC 4 documentary examines the question "Did Jesus Die?". It looks at a bunch of ideas around this question until minute 25, where this examination of ideas takes a very logical and grounded turn with surprising conclusions that demonstrate...

The three wise men were Buddhist monks who found Jesus and came back for him around puberty. After being trained in a Buddhist Monastery he spread the Buddhist philosophy, survived the crucifixion, and escaped to Kashmir, Afghanistan where he died an old man at the age of 80.

[video=youtube;-YbUEZfJJaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YbUEZfJJaQ[/video]

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
This BBC 4 documentary examines the question "Did Jesus Die?". It looks at a bunch of ideas around this question until minute 25, where this examination of ideas takes a very logical and grounded turn with surprising conclusions that demonstrate...

The three wise men were Buddhist monks who found Jesus and came back for him around puberty. After being trained in a Buddhist Monastery he spread the Buddhist philosophy, survived the crucifixion, and escaped to Kashmir, Afghanistan where he died an old man at the age of 80.

Hmmm,

If Jesus really a Buddhist, He must have upset many Buddhists. Because of His teachings, many have turned away from Buddhism to Christianity.

Hmmm,

If Jesus really a Buddhist, He must have upset many Buddhists. Because of His teachings, many have turned away from Buddhism to Christianity.

And He escaped to Afghanistan and never captured....must be a real miracle....Obsama was captured and shot just after few years on the run and yet, Jesus seemed to have escaped without being caught after 50 years.....(According to the Bible, Jesus was crucified at age 33, and since He died at 80+ according to the thread here, He must have been in Afghanistan for 50 year!

Sometime back, in the Today's Scripture Reading threads, we have a read a thread written by the name of Tanwah........(can't really remember his full name) who mentioned that it has been 'proved' that Jesus did not die but was escaped to London and later died at the St. Paul's Cathedral....or something like that.

So, can you all make up your mind....so many man-made versions of the whereabout Jesus and which one is the 'real' one?

There is only one truth....He died at the Cross of Calvary and was buried in a borrowed tomb. He was risen three days and His resurrection was witnessed by over 500 people besides His apostles. You have not. But we, the born-again Christians have made up our mind...this is the only true....

[May be very soon, you have another version that Jesus was in Calcutta or Beijing or even in Singapore!]

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where and if Jesus escaped to is not important. He most likely died at the cross. Its easier to escape and evade capture back then. No satellite imaging in those days and the world is much less populated. It doesn't matter if many turned to Christianity or Buddhism its beside the point. As long as you are a good person, that is the most important criteria. People like to say they have a religion, but they are not religious. Being religious and having a religion are separate things that people like to mix them up with. If Jesus is still alive today, then the following theory maybe true after all.

[video=youtube;lVMhEAI3pvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMhEAI3pvg[/video]

Hmmm,

And He escaped to Afghanistan and never captured....must be a real miracle....Obsama was captured and shot just after few years on the run and yet, Jesus seemed to have escaped without being caught after 50 years.....(According to the Bible, Jesus was crucified at age 33, and since He died at 80+ according to the thread here, He must have been in Afghanistan for 50 year!

Sometime back, in the Today's Scripture Reading threads, we have a read a thread written by the name of Tanwah........(can't really remember his full name) who mentioned that it has been 'proved' that Jesus did not die but was escaped to London and later died at the St. Paul's Cathedral....or something like that.

So, can you all make up your mind....so many man-made versions of the whereabout Jesus and which one is the 'real' one?

There is only one truth....He died at the Cross of Calvary and was buried in a borrowed tomb. He was risen three days and His resurrection was witnessed by over 500 people besides His apostles. You have not. But we, the born-again Christians have made up our mind...this is the only true....

[May be very soon, you have another version that Jesus was in Calcutta or Beijing or even in Singapore!]

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watched the first video. They assume that Jesus survived the crucifixion. They conveniently ignored the part where Jesus was stabbed deep in waist to the chest at the end of the process. Very bad presentation indeed

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have any evidence it was an illusion my fren?

I have evidence the first video conveniently ignore the account of the stabbing of Jesus on the cross. Only fools will believe in such a video sir. Do you believe?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have evidence the first video conveniently ignore the account of the stabbing of Jesus on the cross. Only fools will believe in such a video sir. Do you believe?

and you believe that people with a fatal wound will recover and live in 3 days without modern surgery? you are a bigger fool than i thought.

525254_353676251336255_200082823362266_877871_1209668982_n.jpg

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even modern medicine would not be able to revive a crucified man sir.
Are you now telling me that you don't believe in that video in post 1?
You mean to say you never watched the video

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have watched it before.. together with the bible's buried secrets, bart freeman's speeches, documentaries on the apocryphal books. read briefly on book of enoch, life of adam and eve, gospel according to thomas, mary and judas, revelation of peter. history of the church, early christianity, variation of different christian faith etc.? i know much more about the bible than an average believer.

294933_346505225386691_200082823362266_861203_731199395_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
But you seem so blur. Even contradicted the video with wild claim. You know nothing sir, just a lot of hot air sir

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. I do believe. To Believers, this documentary may be blasphemy but to Non Christians, this sounds plausible.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I do believe. To Believers, this documentary may be blasphemy but to Non Christians, this sounds plausible.

How is that plausible when they talked in detail with reference to the crucifixion but conveniently left out the stabbing with the spear? Please explain yourself sir.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is that plausible when they talked in detail with reference to the crucifixion but conveniently left out the stabbing with the spear? Please explain yourself sir.

To each his own. What you want to believe you believe. Why don't you refute the rest of the points in video instead of harping on your one point to those that question your belief. Everyone is entitled to his or own belief. Learn to accept not all see the world the same way you do. That's what make life interesting. Peace Brother

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
To each his own. What you want to believe you believe. Why don't you refute the rest of the points in video instead of harping on your one point to those that question your belief. Everyone is entitled to his or own belief. Learn to accept not all see the world the same way you do. That's what make life interesting. Peace Brother

To each his own? When I can point out a obvious salient point and flaw in this whole presentation?
What you are telling me is that you are not objective sir and you are not interested in facts. You have already decided in your mind to take an anti Christian stand regardless of evidence.
What then plausible are you talking about, as if you are making a jugdment based on evidence presented.

Last edited:
B

Baluku

If Jesus can come back and say he is the son of God after he came back as a Buddhist monk.

But Buddha cannot say he is anything related to God after years of spacing out under a tree?

What has gone wrong? Why Buddha never upgrade, but remained the same old teacher?

Who will you follow?

Last edited by a moderator:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Jesus can come back and say he is the son of God after he came back as a Buddhist monk.

But Buddha cannot say he is anything related to God after years of spacing out under a tree?

What has gone wrong? Why Buddha never upgrade, but remained the same old teacher?

Who will you follow?

people say he is son of god, walk on water, turn water to wine, and you didnt ask for evidence but simply believe??
science presented all sort of evidences, hypothesis, facts and observations but you don't believe.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have any evidence that Sang Nila Utama saw a lion?

Hahahaa. I can't stop laughing at this one. That's a real good one though.

Now back to your point on stabbing of Jesus on the cross. Pray tell where do you find that story? Don't you find it highly suspicious that it was only reported in one of the four gospels that was written decades after the other three ? When in the other three gospels narrative you find nothing reported of such an important event.And even then they could not agree to what exactly happened vis a vis the "crucifiction" or when it happened.

Looks like checkmate

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you say? You see, you clearly have never read the Bible before. ahahahahahahahaha...............

Quran was written 600 years later bro. Ahahahahahahahahah.........................

cheers

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you say? You see, you clearly have never read the Bible before. ahahahahahahahaha...............

Quran was written 600 years later bro. Ahahahahahahahahah.........................

cheers

Classic case of not answering me and running away. Forummers like bro Zhihau has put your level of comprehension into question. I have just confirmed it.
Have a better day
Peace