• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JBJ Passed Away?

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Former opposition MP JB Jeyaretnam dies

Former opposition MP JB Jeyaretnam dies

42.gif

2420820292_2e4bc1b1ca_o.jpg

Pretty soon, LKY would have sleepless nights and alot of monks chanting payers daily...... Afraid of JB ghost coming for him.

I have seen JB Jeya before, trying to sell his books years ago at MRT stations. Poor man, his eyes are so filled with hate and anger. May he rest in peace. Afterall, his fight has ended. He has won, much respect from many singaporeans, and ex singaporeans.

JB, if you are reading this, rest in peace.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal

now that Philip is no longer Chairman of LawSoc...I hope he can join RP to carry on his father's legacy..........

hummingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like there is no more charasmatic opp leader left ..

Sylvia Lim is damn good .. given her background as a lawyer and having work in police force. Pinkie as well as the entire bunch of holy cows are no match for her at all!

Politic is "dirty". You all know how our political ground works here. They will see to it that she will be "attacked", downplay and given little coverage no matter how good she is. Whereas, any tiny little things the holy cow do .. they blow their own trumphet and think sinkie are idiots.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

A true son of Singapore. Loyal to the country to his last breathe. He is no quitter even though he was made to bite the dust by his opponents. Like the Phoenix he rose from the ashes again, but sadly did not have the opportunity to see the next GE 2011.

God bless him. Rest in peace JBJ. Singapore will miss you dearly.

jw5

Loyal
Ohhh! I will miss him!. Use to see him hanging around in Sim Lim Tower, at one of the small cafe with his friend, those days, when he was out of action.

We will remember his election rally speeches..I remember his:

"Baby god lee"

"Yes sir!, yes Sir!, three bag full"

quotations...

We will miss you JBJ, rest in peace & God bless your soul. Now go, and wait for.....you know who!, which will be between 85 to 94, that is in another decade or so!...but do wait!, and be that boatman at the River Styx!...wait!

ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

Goodbye JBJ!...Singapore Salute You!
Yes, Singapore salutes him.
Power to the people!

jw5

Loyal

A true son of Singapore. Loyal to the country to his last breathe. He is no quitter even though he was made to bite the dust by his opponents. Like the Phoenix he rose from the ashes again, but sadly did not have the opportunity to see the next GE 2011.

God bless him. Rest in peace JBJ. Singapore will miss you dearly.
A true hero and gentleman of the country.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will Singapore flag lower down??? Sad a man with a fighting spirit die.

lauta

Alfrescian
Loyal

A respectable, honorable man with incredible fighting spirit. What a loss to Singapore. Change will occur and your work will not be in vain.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
My deepest condolences to his family.

It is a great loss to Singapore politics.

Goh Meng Seng

Dear Mr Goh,

Can u organise an obituary for him.. front page of shitty times how much?

I am sure many ppl including myself will contribute $$ for it.. Can you imagine the irony of his obituary on the front page of state propaganda??

a good chance to show PAP that JBJ's legacy lives on..

Spirit-Centred

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is one of the greatest icon of Singapore democracy after 1980s. A great man with big heart for the people especially the disadvantage and needy. A great man but humbled himself in front of God. He is a man who have the courage of calling out God's name and live in the arrangement of God. He is truly a God-centred and spirited-centred politician, these are the values that all politicians should have to be able to serve the people. JBJ spirits will live on and may Singapore be reformed from its present extremist material-centred way of governing and living.
Calling all like-minded Singaporeans to pay our last respect to this Great Man of our times at Mt Vernon funeral wake from today to Oct 4th 08.

Share and care for the people!!!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
same sentiments as the other poster - why not LKY ?

all the bad things govt doing to the citizens must have taken a toll on poor JBJ's heart ... gloating abt F1 while citizens suffer, 15% rise in utility charges, cost of newspapers up, blaming citizens for not integrating with FWs ... the list goes on ...

RIP JBJ !! u have gone to a better place, away from this sickening world, this sickening island ... a quick sudden death with little suffering ... bcos u were a good man ... the evil ones will have long lingering painful deaths, like u-know-who ...

wow - this is the year with the most # of celebrity deaths ... paul newman accompanies JBJ ... the 'train' is leaving soon, gecko u coming ?

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ - the true people's champion second to none. Great man filled with conviction and perserverance. The most hardworking, most seen politician in the streets and seeing his persistence you do not doubt his sincerity at all. A great contributor to the old and young pappies keeping them on their toes and they should respect and thank him. RIP JBJ.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
MR Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam

The wake is at:

Mount Vernon, Upper Aljunied Road, Funeral Parlour 1. Time: 7pm onwards. The funeral will be on Saturday.