• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess yr are tge parrots too since y made many postings here. My postings for those Sg not aware how bad the situation here. Y are M'sian n why y do not post more in M'sia press. Pls be gentle in yr posting.

Hmm..i dont ustand bird talk. Later when i ustand, then i will reply.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure of the shop name..its happened at jalan indah 1/1 which is behind the row of shop houses M1 lighting, York aircon etc when heading to Best mart. The shop is quite near to the vegetarian restaurant. Was shared by one of the shop owners that CCTV of next door shop has captured killers face..I was there to fix my car..

Any idea which salon? This is crazy, it means it isnt even safe to be a customer at a sallon, if you're there at wrong time......so far I only frequent salons in AEON. Pay more but safer....

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very convenient to blame the shooting cases on the former ISA detainees.
The police can even draw such a conclusion without any evidence and by doing that, they are essentially invoking ISA. Fuck them!

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
More shootings today. Snipers everywhere. Something is definitely very very wrong in bolehland.

Couple narrowly escape getting hit by stray bullets

KOTA TINGGI: A couple narrowly escaped being hit by stray bullets in a shooting incident in Taman Daiman Jaya near here this morning.

Kota Tinggi police chief Supt Mohd Nor Rasid said the couple were doing some housework at about 9.40am in the kitchen when the bullets came.

"The shots were fired from a distance and we believe the victims were not the target," he told reporters here.

According to him, a resident in the housing estate noticed a grey-coloured MPV without registration plates speeding off after the shots were fired.

He added that police have increased patrols in the housing estate following the incident.

Those with information on the case are urged to contact the Kota Tinggi police headquarters at 07 - 8831222.

Meanwhile, the husband, who only wanted to be known as Jamuri, said he and his wife were attending to their catering business at their annexed kitchen when it happened.

"Suddenly I heard exploding sounds and when I checked found a bullet lodged in the kitchen grille door. Luckily we were not hit," he said. - Bernama

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh crap.. this is starting to get serious..
I think Johor is starting to suppress these news so armour to frighten buyers and investors..

Come on.. stop highlighting news about prayer rooms used for other purpose and focus on this. This needs to be escalated to the highest level to get state action.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully there is no cover up else ppl will have an unrealistic impression of the dangers in Johor..

It's crazy that they are asking high price and yet not much emphasis on the security of the estates. Not much is mentioned about the security situation in Johor unless it's something huge like murder in KL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure of the shop name..its happened at jalan indah 1/1 which is behind the row of shop houses M1 lighting, York aircon etc when heading to Best mart. The shop is quite near to the vegetarian restaurant. Was shared by one of the shop owners that CCTV of next door shop has captured killers face..I was there to fix my car..

They've arrested the 3 suspects:

From the Star:

Nusajaya deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Razak Md Said said three suspects believed to be involved in the murder had been arrested.

“We have arrested two men, in their 30s, and a woman, in her 20s, within six hours of the incident,” he said, adding that CCTVs from neighbouring shoplots helped track down the killers.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully there is no cover up else ppl will have an unrealistic impression of the dangers in Johor..

It's crazy that they are asking high price and yet not much emphasis on the security of the estates. Not much is mentioned about the security situation in Johor unless it's something huge like murder in KL.

No need to cover up lah. This forum is but a speck in the ocean. The mass media reports, general buying sentiments, and the economic developments in Iskandar & SG are more crucial in determining the assets prices.....

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police just started their clean up.....good move to restore confidence.

Police Shoot Dead Five Gangsters

image.jpg
Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi (right) at the scene of the shootoutGEORGE TOWN, Aug 19 (Bernama) -- Police today shot dead five criminals in a shootout at an apartment in Sungai Nibong during a raid at 4.30 am.

Penang Police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi said the five -- J. Gobinath, 31, R. Ramesh, 27, A. Vinut, 23, M. Suresh, 25, M. Gobinath, 21 -- had committed armed crimes in the country.

He said police recovered three guns from them, namely a silver Norinco, a silver .38 revolver and a black Walther PPK.

All of them had last-known addresses in Penang, he added.

Abdul Rahim said that following a tip-off from the public and surveillance, a team of police officers and men from the Penang, Kedah and Bukit Aman CID went to a rented apartment in Century Bay, Sungai Nibong, at 4.30 am. The police knocked on the door and identified themselves but there was no answer and police tore down the door and entered the apartment, he said.

Several people in the apartment started firing at the police and the police returned fire, he said.

Following the shootout, police checked the apartment and found five men dead in the three rooms.

Abdul Rahim said the police were still conducting an examination of the apartment.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Five hired-killer gang-men slain, including mastermind
image.jpg

GEORGE TOWN (Aug 19):  Police today killed five key members, including the mastermind, of a gang that was directly related to a string of murders and attempted murders in the country recently.

The incident, encapsulated in a dramatic standoff in the pre-dawn hours, was part of a special nationwide operation launched by the police since Saturday resulting in more than 200 people, allegedly involved in dangerous gangs and secret societies, being arrested under the Prevention of Crime Act.

At about 4.30am, a special police team that staked out the apartment unit in Sungai Nibong here where the five – the youngest aged 23 – were hiding were greeted with gunfire from the members.

The team, comprising officers from Penang and Bukit Aman, retaliated and killed all five men. The police did not sustain injuries.

Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar told a press conference today that police are now on a nationwide manhunt for several remaining members of the gang which has been active in contract and revenge killings.

"With this, we have solved seven killings and two attempted killings in Penang, two killings in Kedah and one in Negeri Sembilan," he said at the state police headquarters.

He declined to say if the gang was involved in the Aug 8 murder of Veerappan Kanapathi, who had three criminal records under the Dangerous Drugs Act, and was killed in his car, after being shot 17 times by assailants on a motorcycle at the Anson Road-Macalister Road traffic lights junction in Penang.

Declining to specify details, Khalid confirmed that the gang members were involved in some of the murder and attempted murder cases that have occurred in recent highly-publicised shootings.

"We were never quiet when the cases, especially those involving firearm killings, occurred," he said. "We formed a taskforce to do investigations and go through the clues and leads."

Khalid revealed the police have been targetting the dens and "nests" of suspects related to secret societies in an 'Ops Cantas'.

"We set up road blocks to stop suspicious cars and conducted raids on entertainment outlets and 24-hour restaurants, as well as other places where secret societies converge," he revealed.

The more than 200 hauled up after the start of Saturday's operation will likely be charged under the Prevention of Crime Act which allows police to detain them for up to 72 days.

Khalid said the police are discussing with the Attorney-General's Chambers on prosecuting them on the most severe offences, based on evidence.

Asked about the number of former Emergency Ordinance (EO) detainees being held under 'Ops Cantas', the IGP said the force was compiling the data and will confirm the number later. The EO was repealed in 2011.

On the remaining gang members still at large, Khalid said: "We are tracking them. They are on the move."

He also declined to confirm reports that the five belonged to the gang called Gang 04.

Earlier, Bernama reported the five who were shot dead by police as J Gobinath, 31, R Ramesh, 27, A Vinut, 23, M Suresh, 25, M Gobinath, 21.

Police recovered three guns from them, namely a silver Norinco, a silver .38 revolver and a black Walther PPK.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was in JB yesterday, mount austin area, there were road blocks here and there. well done, PDRM.

Good. And they should conduct such regular checks over at Nusajaya area too. Maybe they should have a polis HQ (something like the present one at BDO) along the coastal highway. Once activitated (around nusajaya area), assistance would come promptly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
car.jpg

Posting this in the crime section as well.

Had a case of mistaken identity on Sunday, a friend of mine got a call from his agent and and she thought what was an abandoned SG car by the roadside owned by their friend. It was abandoned with car keys still inside, it was abandoned at the highway near HH and the inside was a complete mess.

She, Ms Sophia Heng, really represents what a friend should be and gamely stayed onsite in her car while calling for help even though she was all alone on the highway. She patiently waited while my friend came with some gears and he went into the trees by himself, all the while shouting his friends name. Her agent friend also arrived soon after to help. In the end, they found that it belong to someone else, we could see a SG driving license of a Malay gentleman as his driving license was in the back seat.

No matter if he is a stranger, they still made a police report and waited for them before leaving. Really gratified by the friendship that we have here. Thanks to all those who tried to help.

Especially kudos to Ms Sophia Heng who cared enough to stop and waited until help arrived.

Last edited: