• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Nice, i wanted to try today but wife already ordered food at Gu Wen Cha. Next time. I like "wu xiang" a lot. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh ya. We tried e wu xiang too!, Hokkiens love wu Xiang a lot.

Nice, was it good? I love wu xiang. We always visit this this Taiwanese porridge place, Gu Zao Ren (non-Halal)
near Sutera Mall, opens until 12 midnight. Free flow of plain porridge or with sweet potato after the first order
plus free desert and we always order the following: Wu Xiang (a form of meat roll with pork), beansprouts with
salted fish, chye poh/da chong omelette (radish/onion omelette), tang dynasty bacon (bacon, chinese style)

We always get a pot of Qiu Wang (chinese tea) with it. Very nice for us. My dad and mum likes the place as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My mother still makes the best Wu Xiang, period. No other place is close as her Wu Xiang is so good that neighbours and old neighbours come all the way from other parts of the island to get from her. She doesn't sell them but with all the good stuff she packs in, really good. One actually wanted to place an order with my mother but she always refused and gives to them free. She has a really good heart.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya. We tried e wu xiang too!, Hokkiens love wu Xiang a lot.

I'm a wu xiang lover too! Wu Xiang alway top list of my choice!

Nice, was it good? I love wu xiang. We always visit this this Taiwanese porridge place, Gu Zao Ren (non-Halal)
near Sutera Mall, opens until 12 midnight. Free flow of plain porridge or with sweet potato after the first order
plus free desert and we always order the following: Wu Xiang (a form of meat roll with pork), beansprouts with
salted fish, chye poh/da chong omelette (radish/onion omelette), tang dynasty bacon (bacon, chinese style)

We always get a pot of Qiu Wang (chinese tea) with it. Very nice for us. My dad and mum likes the place as well.

Sound good, shall try out one of this day!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

i would say not bad , but for sure , home prepare wu xiang is way much better ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
New eatery ... will someone try n tell me where exact the place is ?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=437018856312804&set=o.108934705816540&type=1&theater

食家庄“卤肉饭馆将在4月27日正式营业!Hometown Recipe Restaurant will start at 27 April。地点是67,Jln Indah 8/13, Taman Bukit Indah 靠近'尖沙咀港式烧腊店‘希望大家支持!(走Perling tol出Bukit Indah的路后,你会看到Jusco Bukit Indah然后就会碰到一个红绿灯!请你们跟着弯右手边。。直路走就会先看到尖沙咀港式烧腊店。”食家庄“就在它们店的后面几间!谢谢你们!!!)
LikeUnlike · ·Follow postUnfollow post
3 people like this..

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
New eatery ... will someone try n tell me where exact the place is ?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=437018856312804&set=o.108934705816540&type=1&theater

食家庄“卤肉饭馆将在4月27日正式营业!Hometown Recipe Restaurant will start at 27 April。地点是67,Jln Indah 8/13, Taman Bukit Indah 靠近'尖沙咀港式烧腊店‘希望大家支持!(走Perling tol出Bukit Indah的路后,你会看到Jusco Bukit Indah然后就会碰到一个红绿灯!请你们跟着弯右手边。。直路走就会先看到尖沙咀港式烧腊店。”食家庄“就在它们店的后面几间!谢谢你们!!!)
LikeUnlike · ·Follow postUnfollow post
3 people like this..

Can view location in this map
Map

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks man. I follow your blog v closely, to chk out the latest recommendations. You should try the 阿勝乐乐 at Permas Jaya near where they sell the Dvd. I find the Lok Lok there really delicious!

Haha Thanks. I jio my daughter to come with me since she said she want to eat lok lok :smile:

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think different country people got different taste for food. That day I tried out the Crystal ba kut teh (the one near the causeway) that was recommended in the blog/local newspaper and found the soup very salty.

Agree totally that taste is very subjective :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree totally that taste is very subjective :smile:

I "kee chiu" (Dr JiaJia) on this.

On side note, I like the pig trotters at Crystal. :biggrin:

Hi, I tried the bak kut teh at Bukit Indah - 好味吧生肉骨茶 - find that it is pretty good, the best among the few bak kut teh I have tried in JB. Heard from a local that he found the soup too "kat" or thick but okay to me. The shop is in the row behind the new HK street cafe - at the other end of Crystal cafe - facing the Bukit Indah houses.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, I see. The Tim Sum shop near Pelangi Plaza... the address below is to the mee hoon kueh shop which is a couple of shop units away. Hope this helps ;D

Restaurant name: Restoran Yi Bao (mee hoon kueh)
Address: 5, Jalan Maju, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400 Johor

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I tried Chua kee for lunch , it was not bad. How to go new Chua kee from old Chua kee? My gps dun hv this new address n I dun understand fr e map.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, I see. The Tim Sum shop near Pelangi Plaza... the address below is to the mee hoon kueh shop which is a couple of shop units away. Hope this helps ;D

Restaurant name: Restoran Yi Bao (mee hoon kueh)
Address: 5, Jalan Maju, Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, 80400 Johor

Tried the mee hoon kueh...it is good. The soup was tasty and not too salty. The mee hoon kueh was thin but soft . And it is cheap :smile: Ha...ha...but can't beat my mother's mee hoon kueh :smile:

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good News - No Need to Fill White Cards Anymore :smile:

Chief Secretary of Malaysia’s Home Ministry, Mohmood Adam, announced on 20 May 2012 that, with effect from 1st Jun 2012, foreigners entering Malaysia need not fill the white arrival cards to enter Malaysia.

This decision was made after consultations between the Home Ministry, Immigration Department, and Tourism ministry.

This should mean quicker clearances at the immigration checkpoints for makan trips 