• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to 二重丸~~~ near to Sutera Mall. The queue was long. Apparently it was popular with the locals. The place is a little dark and the tables are too close to one another for comfort. One could literally hear the conversations at the next table. The sashimi's portion was small and the ramen's standard is average. Quite a big bowl though. Free green tea but the service is less than desirable.

Think the quality of Japanese food here is still below what I used to eat back home.So for the price I am paying , I will not visit again. :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to 二重丸~~~ near to Sutera Mall. The queue was long. Apparently it was popular with the locals. The place is a little dark and the tables are too close to one another for comfort. One could literally hear the conversations at the next table. The sashimi's portion was small and the ramen's standard is average. Quite a big bowl though. Free green tea but the service is less than desirable.

Think the quality of Japanese food here is still below what I used to eat back home.So for the price I am paying , I will not visit again. :smile:

Actually I beg to differ. If you can, please show me another cheaper Jap restaurant in SG that serves similar quality Jap food to 二重丸. I have eaten extensively in Singapore's Jap restaurants, and for the price, I find 二重丸 extremely gd value for money. Its roughly 2/3 of what I would pay in Singapore for similar quality.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I beg to differ. If you can, please show me another cheaper Jap restaurant in SG that serves similar quality Jap food to 二重丸. I have eaten extensively in Singapore's Jap restaurants, and for the price, I find 二重丸 extremely gd value for money. Its roughly 2/3 of what I would pay in Singapore for similar quality.

Taste is subjective, I guess. To each his own!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

True true. For those not in the know, I feel it is better than Sakae Sushi but probably similar to Ichiban & Sushi Tei in terms of quality (but cheaper). In fact, I feel its slightly better than Ichiban & Sushi Tei.

Oh btw dear checkers, please feel free to let me know some of the better value restaurants in SG. I would love to try! (^_^)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree, ones mans meat is anothers poison. Have you tried the 2nd floor one in Jusco @ Bukit Indah?
Peace to all. Its for the love of food that brought us into this very thread.

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote: Yonglip -
Tried the newly opened Yi Pin Guo steamboat at Nusa Bestari (same stretch as Tok Mama) after friend's recommendation. Must say its really really nice. Nice food and ambience for whole family. Will be going again this Sat with Kids!...

Cheers.

Just went for lunch on cool rainy day.
English Name of shop is Nice to Share.
Mon - Fri:
30% discount 11am - 3pm 10% Discount 5pm - 10pm
Sat Sun PH not sure if there is discount of 10%

Besides hot pot, they do serve western food (chicken chop, calamari etc) and also fried rice, fried noodle.

I find the sambal very fragrant, that was served with 2 other sauce when we order the hot pot set.
No Ma La Soup here, I like Ma La.

Place is still clean, I did not sight the ubiquitous house fly while I was there. :biggrin:

My daughter has been asking me to take her for steamboat. I will try this :smile: Thanks for sharing :smile:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi tuan-tuan dan puan-puan. Does anybody know of the address for this famous seafood porridge at Permas Jaya? There is a mobile lok lok stall in front of it. Thanks

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think different country people got different taste for food. That day I tried out the Crystal ba kut teh (the one near the causeway) that was recommended in the blog/local newspaper and found the soup very salty.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi tuan-tuan dan puan-puan. Does anybody know of the address for this famous seafood porridge at Permas Jaya? There is a mobile lok lok stall in front of it. Thanks

I believe you are looking for this shop.

http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2011/12/matang-seafood-porridge-at-taman-mount.html

Restaurant name: Matang Seafood
Address: 91, Jalan Mount Austin 3, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 Johor Bahru
Map: http://g.co/maps/j6z6r
GPS: 1.561904, 103.779184
Hours: Daily 11:00am to 10:00pm
Non Halal

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think different country people got different taste for food. That day I tried out the Crystal ba kut teh (the one near the causeway) that was recommended in the blog/local newspaper and found the soup very salty.

I "kee chiu" (Dr JiaJia) on this.

On side note, I like the pig trotters at Crystal. :biggrin:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what is lok lok?

loklok3.jpg

(Credits: Rasa Malaysia http://www.rasamalaysia.com )

Read about it: http://rasamalaysia.com/art-of-communal-dining-lok-lok/

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found another cluster of seaside seafood restaurants at Kampung Teluk Jawa. The restaurants looks generally quite big and organized. I probably tried one of the restaurants more than 10 years ago during a company organized trip but I could not remember how the taste was like. I just remembered I was a bit impressed by its reclusiveness. It is quite easy to get there now using the coastal highway to the east.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
We visited this German pub in Taman Johor Jaya last week. It was great! Good food and wide range of drinks. Service was friendly and the crowd was fun. Very reasonable pricing too :smile: http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2012/04/pork-knuckles-bierhaus-in-taman-johor.html

Thanks man. I follow your blog v closely, to chk out the latest recommendations. You should try the 阿勝乐乐 at Permas Jaya near where they sell the Dvd. I find the Lok Lok there really delicious!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks man. I follow your blog v closely, to chk out the latest recommendations. You should try the 阿勝乐乐 at Permas Jaya near where they sell the Dvd. I find the Lok Lok there really delicious!

I prefer satay chelup, especially the one further up north (much further) at the outskirts of Malacca.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros who like Malay food, there is this place called Malay Village, opposite the Perodua showroom along Nusa Bestari.
Food is pretty nice, their nasi lemak has long grained/bismati type of rice, the ice Nescafe was done nicely too. Its
halal of course, quite ok.

Opposite on the adjourning room is a kiddy/baby store with lots of choices for baby items, even those not commonly
found elsewhere.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A new Taiwanese restaurant with pretty ok food just opened on the 2nd floor opposite Gu Wen Cha, in the row inside YS Hamper or the Tangshifu :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
A new Taiwanese restaurant with pretty ok food just opened on the 2nd floor opposite Gu Wen Cha, in the row inside YS Hamper or the Tangshifu :smile:

U mean jusco bk Indah ? We tried it yesterday for lunch. :wink: E chilli are quite spicy , e restaurant Interior designs are not bad. .... But the Chinese songs they played are quite outdated. Like 90s ....

Last edited: