• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha... Yup. Agree.

I heard a Singapore woman bought CG Danga Bay condo for investment. After realising it might be impossible to find rental and there is likely no capital appreciation due to the oversupply, she changed her tactic and now decides to treat it as a holiday home.

For 5 months, she tried to prepare herself to like the place by going to that area every weekend to eat and shop. After that she gave up. It was too tiring and just didn't make sense to do it every week.

So I don't understand how people can say treat the condo in Iskandar as a "holiday home". Some tried to do short stay rental but the amount can't even cover 70% of the monthly bank loan.

She works in a bank and her husband is an accountant. So they can afford to pay the S$350k condo in cash. But now they realize that money is something they got to forego and kiss goodbye.

No one will buy an expensive resale condo in Johor.

Buy for investment, its bye-bye to your money!

Tenant can always be found at a lower rental.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha... Yup. Agree.

I heard a Singapore woman bought CG Danga Bay condo for investment. After realising it might be impossible to find rental and there is likely no capital appreciation due to the oversupply, she changed her tactic and now decides to treat it as a holiday home.

For 5 months, she tried to prepare herself to like the place by going to that area every weekend to eat and shop. After that she gave up. It was too tiring and just didn't make sense to do it every week.

So I don't understand how people can say treat the condo in Iskandar as a "holiday home". Some tried to do short stay rental but the amount can't even cover 70% of the monthly bank loan.

She works in a bank and her husband is an accountant. So they can afford to pay the S$350k condo in cash. But now they realize that money is something they got to forego and kiss goodbye.

More tiring to buy a home and use as holiday home, must clean up and pack up every time, be like me so freedom, come and go as I wish and if want to stay, just check in the latest hotel...... Sweet!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
More tiring to buy a home and use as holiday home, must clean up and pack up every time, be like me so freedom, come and go as I wish and if want to stay, just check in the latest hotel...... Sweet!

Be careful of using the toilets or bringing back bed bugs or other pests to your house in SG.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha... Yup. Agree.

Country Gardens is not even completed yet...how to start using it as a holiday house? Anyway, personally I would stay away from such mega mass condo projects.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far my hotels all RM 400 and above per night, no such problems thanks, where have you been staying that have these problems?

I have cut down on my travels significantly but so far I have not encountered these issues. Even some luxury hotels suffer from these problems.

Do note that bed bugs and pests are becoming a hidden growing issue in Singapore when people travel overseas or foreign workers bring back these unwelcome guests.

Pest eradication companies are doing a roaring business in Singapore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have cut down on my travels significantly but so far I have not encountered these issues. Even some luxury hotels suffer from these problems.

Do note that bed bugs and pests are becoming a hidden growing issue in Singapore when people travel overseas or foreign workers bring back these unwelcome guests.

Pest eradication companies are doing a roaring business in Singapore.

Sour grapes ha ha ha ha

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think to buy for own stay is perfectly fine, rent it out like me, weekend home in between rental and future retirement home. Don't understand how hard assets which is a good hedge against inflation can possibly be money down the drain like what some keep saying...some more freehold cheap private condos or landed compared to overpriced public leasehold HDBs.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, those who buy in view to retirement like in Leisure farm, East Ledang, Horizon Hills etc are after a good leisurely lifestyle.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just that if you buy at a high price then the market will not be able to support it and you will be in negative equity for a while which is something that should be avoided if possible.
Of course in the long run, it'll be OK.. Question is how long will it be and whether the development can maintain it's value in light of so many units coming on stream

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the RM$20 implemented liao? I read that this RM$20 is just the VEP, in october will be another hike in toll..

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think to buy for own stay is perfectly fine, rent it out like me, weekend home in between rental and future retirement home. Don't understand how hard assets which is a good hedge against inflation can possibly be money down the drain like what some keep saying...some more freehold cheap private condos or landed compared to overpriced public leasehold HDBs.

Location location location, the three pillars of property, you can get hundreds of freehold landed for pittance in the boondocks in large countries, not worth anything, maybe in the next century.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Gardens is not even completed yet...how to start using it as a holiday house? Anyway, personally I would stay away from such mega mass condo projects.

Pretend to try out only. She just went there to eat and shop almost every week. Became a pointless affair. Like doing it for the sake of it. Also very tiring. Each single trip at least 1.5 to 2 hours.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just rent with minimal/no furnishing :wink:

Bad mistake. As xebay11 said, you can slowly wait. :smile: Imagine you're a tenant. Will you rent such a place when there are 1000 other choices fully furnished for cheap rental?

Anyway, rental in Iskandar is not worth it IMHO. For RM1.5k a month, you can get a nice landed with garden. Who wants to rent a condo?

Ok assuming you are lucky to find such a tenant. For a 2 bedroom fully furnished condo, the rate is now about RM1.5k a month. That's only about a pathetic S$500 a month! Those who bought their condos in 2013 or so typically paid about RM720k and above. 80% bank loan interest should be RM3.4k or thereabout, or more thanS$1k a month! Note we haven't even factored in maintenance costs, renovation, repairs, agent fees, taxes, etc. So every month it's sure lose money.

Even if you argue market improves and say owner profits S$500 every month. That's only S$6k a year. In 10 damn long years, it's just S$60k. The condo costs some S$250k or more. It will take more than 4 decades to recoup the cost! Owner could likely be gone from this world liao!

If you want to sell the condo away say 10,20 years from now, do you think people will want it when there are so many other new choices avaliable? Remember the oversupply issue.

Some are still stubbornly denying they will lose money from their Iskandar condo investments. Many still don't realize their money will be stuck and cannot be liquidated next time.

Last edited:

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proven this whole forum is full of self-serving people who "help" others to achieve their own goals only. I can't believe all who have visited this forum since yesterday 16 July have not driven into JB from Singapore. All who knows the RM20 VEP toll have been delayed again had choosen to keep quiet in the hope that others who have chosen to stay away from crossing to JB because of the expected tolls stay off longer from crossing so that the congestion will be lesser for them. Sad case this forum has gone down the drain this way.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just that if you buy at a high price then the market will not be able to support it and you will be in negative equity for a while which is something that should be avoided if possible.
Of course in the long run, it'll be OK.. Question is how long will it be and whether the development can maintain it's value in light of so many units coming on stream

I think location and type of housing matter too. In recent years, it's become expensive already. It's mainly the foreigners buying. The moment they opened the floodgates for the China buyers to "infest" Iskandar, the problem of oversupply and sky high prices set in.

I'm not optimistic about condo resales in Johor. Just too many everywhere. Recent ones after 2012 are way too expensive for the locals.

Tried to get some sales statistics but failed. They don't publish such info so openly.

The problem about holding the property too long is opportunity cost, currency exchange loss, and lack of buyers' interest due to old age of property. May be hard to exit, especially for foreigners.