• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
INdeed, Singapore is too boring over here.

After a while Johor also boring, I have been going there every weekend for the past 5 years and feel the fatigue setting in now. Partner also not keen on going in and sometimes I go alone.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
After a while Johor also boring, I have been going there every weekend for the past 5 years and feel the fatigue setting in now. Partner also not keen on going in and sometimes I go alone.

Wahh, you got so many things to do in Johor every weekend?

No wonder you're so tired. It's the travelling in and out that kills your energy and mood.

If you do it regularly every weekend, you should buy a small condo in Johor. Rest well there on Sat, enjoy the facilities and leave on Sun. :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam was also caused by many drivers who are still unaware of the new procedure or they simply can't read.
The signs in bold letters - the Step 1 and Step 2 instructions that you need to tap on BOTH pads but the driver in front of me keep just tapping and tapping on the usual Touch & Go Toll charge, the gentry will not lift up.
As usual, there are no officers around there to tell you of the new instructions, leaving you to discover yourself.
So remember, if you don't tap on both pads, the gate will not lift up.

Dont think the new procedures have been implemented for SG cars lah........ I just went in last weekend! Or was I simply lucky with my counter? Haha.....

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahh, you got so many things to do in Johor every weekend?

No wonder you're so tired. It's the travelling in and out that kills your energy and mood.

If you do it regularly every weekend, you should buy a small condo in Johor. Rest well there on Sat, enjoy the facilities and leave on Sun. :smile:

If i live in JB everyday also i'll be bored. But at least got car can drive to beach, mountain, etc. that is not crowded. If want some high class feel then drive to SG MBS, etc.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i live in JB everyday also i'll be bored. But at least got car can drive to beach, mountain, etc. that is not crowded. If want some high class feel then drive to SG MBS, etc.

Hmmm....been almost 3 years now living in JB, haven't reached boredom yet. Still enjoying the life here. :biggrin:

Actually if want to feel high class, maybe some places to go would be Double Tree hotel, Renaissance Hotel, or Puteri Harbour. OK, maybe still not fight with SG but at least SG cannot fight with the price. LOL!

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....been almost 3 years now living in JB, haven't reached boredom yet. Still enjoying the life here. :biggrin:

Actually if want to feel high class, maybe some places to go would be Double Tree hotel, Renaissance Hotel, or Puteri Harbour. OK, maybe still not fight with SG but at least SG cannot fight with the price. LOL!

I've lived in JB since birth, you will get bored of anywhere for sure especially when you travel a lot and see the world.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've lived in JB since birth, you will get bored of anywhere for sure especially when you travel a lot and see the world.

I've lived in SG since birth, which is why JB (and beyond) offers such newness and excitement! Of course going elsewhere is also fun but requires more $$$ for the family, which is why I am not so well travelled. MY offers a good alternative for now. We recently took a trip to Batu Pahat for the first time to look look see see, and to makan the seafood there.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats why do not keep hyping that singapore is boring, anyplace you live for too long will become boring too, once the novelty wears out.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why do not keep hyping that singapore is boring, anyplace you live for too long will become boring too, once the novelty wears out.

One of the things we really enjoy doing in MY is going on road trips using the highways, travelling long distances for a few hours and taking in the sights. You can't do that in SG. Best of all can use own car, no need to rent, and can pump subsidised petrol/diesel, and make occasional stops for eating and refreshments.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I don't see any arrogance in it. Its a universal fact and statement substantiated by hard evidence. Every day I still use the causeway and I tell you more and more people are heading into JB for donno what reasons. Lets hope the toll increase will keep the traffic better

Don't sound so arrogant, nobody wins in the end, especially investors in Johor properties like you...... Lol.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I don't see any arrogance in it. Its a universal fact and statement substantiated by hard evidence. Every day I still use the causeway and I tell you more and more people are heading into JB for donno what reasons. Lets hope the toll increase will keep the traffic better

Sure, we cannot deny that fact but this time the vep is very real and really boosts the cost of going in, even with current rates i only go in once a week instead of anytime i like. I may cut down my trips further when vep kicks in and am sure many will too.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, we cannot deny that fact but this time the vep is very real and really boosts the cost of going in, even with current rates i only go in once a week instead of anytime i like. I may cut down my trips further when vep kicks in and am sure many will too.

If it is just one person or two, and you have bike license and SG bike, can ride into JB for free on both sides of the checkpoints! Or just take public transport, very convenient now also. :biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massage in my favourite Thai establishment in JB cost me S$45 per 2 hour with Oil. The same cost S$120 in Singapore and the standard is atrocious. Parking fees is atrocious and finding a parking space is atrocious.

What is RM 20 ( S$7.50 ) extra? :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaking as someone with considerable experience, the previous hike did have some impact. It basically killed the weekday off-peak hour jams at the causeway permanently. Before the hike, the causeway was jammed throughout the day (peak & off peak).

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking as someone with considerable experience, the previous hike did have some impact. It basically killed the weekday off-peak hour jams at the causeway permanently. Before the hike, the causeway was jammed throughout the day (peak & off peak).

Yep agree, when I spoke to my low level colleague if he still went in Johor like he did every weekend last time, he said he could not afford to now, then I realized that even current tolls had it's effect on the crowds. Those who now laugh it off will soon learn that in the end no one wins. Investors, shoppers, business owners all will suffer.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, I don't understand what's on the minds of the Johor authorities or how the Malaysian system works.

If I were a minister in Malaysia, I want to quickly boost my country to 1st world status. Or in the case of Johor, I know Singapore is a prosperous nation despite its smaller size. I know the SGD is almost 3x stronger than RM. I want to tap on its people coming over to Johor to shop and even live there.

Obviously, I want to make it as convenient as possible for Singaporeans to go into Johor.

So what must I do? I have to improve the transport system. Singapore has already announced an MRT station that can be connected to Johor. I want to quickly set up my own RTS to link them asap. But instead, what do we have? Delays after delays. There isn't even any firm plans to build the RTS yet. All we hear is yes yes, RTS is coming. But what's stopping it?

In addition, I want to make it cheap for Singapore cars to drive over. Singapore never charges cars from Malaysia any extra unless Johor implements it. But no.... they have to introduce this VEP thingy that costs RM20! Seriously, what are they thinking? They are making it less attractive for Singapore visitors to drive to Johor!

Next, I want to give Singaporeans (and other foreigners) benefits for staying in Johor. Let them own properties but let's not make their lives difficult. But no again... they got to impose a RM1mil limit to sell their properties to other foreigners. With such a measure to penalise foreign owners unfairly, who now dares or wants to buy Johor properties? They can always tighten bank loans to restrict speculative buying. So why introduce the RM1mil restriction that locks up foreign buyers' money indefinitely?

Anyone feels the same as me on the above?

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, I don't understand what's on the minds of the Johor authorities or how the Malaysian system works.

If I were a minister in Malaysia, I want to quickly boost my country to 1st world status. Or in the case of Johor, I know Singapore is a prosperous nation despite its smaller size. I know the SGD is almost 3x stronger than RM. I want to tap on its people coming over to Johor to shop and even live there.

Obviously, I want to make it as convenient as possible for Singaporeans to go into Johor.

So what must I do? I have to improve the transport system. Singapore has already announced an MRT station that can be connected to Johor. I want to quickly set up my own RTS to link them asap. But instead, what do we have? Delays after delays. There isn't even any firm plans to build the RTS yet. All we hear is yes yes, RTS is coming. But what's stopping it?

In addition, I want to make it cheap for Singapore cars to drive over. Singapore never charges cars from Malaysia any extra unless Johor implements it. But no.... they have to introduce this VEP thingy that costs RM20! Seriously, what are they thinking? They are making it less attractive for Singapore visitors to drive to Johor!

Next, I want to give Singaporeans (and other foreigners) benefits for staying in Johor. Let them own properties but let's not make their lives difficult. But no again... they got to impose a RM1mil limit to sell their properties to other foreigners. With such a measure to penalise foreign owners unfairly, who now dares or wants to buy Johor properties? They can always tighten bank loans to restrict speculative buying. So why introduce the RM1mil restriction that locks up foreign buyers' money indefinitely?

Anyone feels the same as me on the above?

Because politics, race and religion trumps economics and "common sense"... always has and always shall be.
Uniquely Malaysia!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massage in my favourite Thai establishment in JB cost me S$45 per 2 hour with Oil. The same cost S$120 in Singapore and the standard is atrocious. Parking fees is atrocious and finding a parking space is atrocious.

What is RM 20 ( S$7.50 ) extra? :smile:

There is this thing called the last straw. It will also be a hassle to top up the toll card more frequently. Overall it will be a deterrence.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because politics, race and religion trumps economics and "common sense"... always has and always shall be.
Uniquely Malaysia!

Hopefully they come to their senses soon! It's like self-destruction. With the possibility of boosting their economy many times, they should want more visitors from Singapore.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is this thing called the last straw. It will also be a hassle to top up the toll card more frequently. Overall it will be a deterrence.
If one has no where to go, one will still come over even though complaints there will be.The other alternative is Batam. Choice is always there. Someone got to pay for the road maintenance, the rubbish disposals, the car parks, the whatever. As for economy, who cares for macros these days. The local authorities have to look after their own annual budgets and expenditure. Allocations does not drop from the sky. Free rides are over.

Last edited: