• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH said the traffic at Woodlands at 1am is jammed up.
Coming back to Singapore was jammed as hell last night because all the peasants die die went to Johor yesterday as a last ditch to save their pennies, all car services were full yesterday.

No u go check traffic can, going to Johor is ghost town.

I am curious what the jam will be like tonight, maybe i finally would be able to go and have dinner at Johor on weeknights, after 30 years :smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally no traffic at both Causeway and Tuas towards MY.
Moral of the story - to control serious traffic jams, impose Road Charge, the higher the the charge, the more effective the result.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally no traffic at both Causeway and Tuas towards MY.
Moral of the story - to control serious traffic jams, impose Road Charge, the higher the the charge, the more effective the result.

In my view this is most likely a knee jerk reaction from motorists....may last a short while...then slowly the jams will creep up again.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view this is most likely a knee jerk reaction from motorists....may last a short while...then slowly the jams will creep up again.

Keep it like this please. Leave the daily travelling to daily travelers, best!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

It depends, most of the peasants go there just to pump petrol, this group would likely be eliminated as the toll charges would wipe out any savings, and besides saving a few pennies there is nothing that really is worth going to in Johor.

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the RM$ stay weak and shoppers deemed its worthwhile shopping and dining during this festive season, the jam will be back in no time. But surely some family will explore visiting JB using public transport.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends, most of the peasants go there just to pump petrol, this group would likely be eliminated as the toll charges would wipe out any savings, and besides saving a few pennies there is nothing that really is worth going to in Johor.

The casual JB trippers will likely cut down their trips. But the more serious ones (LOL!) will plan their trips and make it more worthwhile by doing more, eating more, shopping more on each trip.:biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the RM$ stay weak and shoppers deemed its worthwhile shopping and dining during this festive season, the jam will be back in no time. But surely some family will explore visiting JB using public transport.

Unlikely for families with cars...it is a hassle coming in with kids on public transport. Serious JB trippers will not mind the increase in cost if it is more convenient and if the jams are really lesser.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep it like this please. Leave the daily travelling to daily travelers, best!

If less cars going through customs...means ICA will open up the car lanes for bikers to use..yay! Or am I too happy too early?:o

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
People from JB come to sg, mainly to make a living and they will continue to come daily since they earn 2-3 times for the same job back home. On the contrary, people from sg go to johor for leisure, people are always ready to cut down on the trips once they see the diminishing economic benefits. Lets observe for a while to see if the traffic returns to normal.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think it's herd mentality. The jams will come again.

Are people complaining cos they really feel S$6 is a lot? Or are they unhappy because previously it was $0 entry and now suddenly got to pay S$6?

The restaurant food you eat in JB is likely already cheaper by more than S$6 compared to the Lee family's SG country. Your golf membership is way cheaper in JB. So what is S$6?

Just like I don't understand why many Singaporeans complain or try to save on a $3 ERP. You already paid ridiculous money to buy a S$100-150k car which costs only S$40k in other countries. What is that few dollars of ERP?

If you have bought a property in Johor, you are already saving literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars compared to getting the same type in SG. S$6 extra per entry at the causeway is a drop of water in the ocean!

Every government wants to make money. Johor knows SG cars have been jammimg up the causeway. If you are the government definitely you will also want to capitalize on this to make extra revenue.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
One must know that there are many border line cases or sandwich class family in Singapore. As such they have to resort to buying JB properties, shop/dine and golf in JB. It is this very reason of savings a few dollar here and there can they stretch their every dollar overseas. Not advisable to assume that anyone that drives a $150 k car (made possible with heavy loan) means he is well off. No two families financial situation are the same. Yes $6.00 extra per entry may be small change to you but to others it is a big deal, myself included.

Not practical to assume every families are as wealthy as yourself.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
One must know that there are many border line cases or sandwich class family in Singapore. As such they have to resort to buying JB properties, shop/dine and golf in JB. It is this very reason of savings a few dollar here and there can they stretch their every dollar overseas. Not advisable to assume that anyone that drives a $150 k car (made possible with heavy loan) means he is well off. No two families financial situation are the same. Yes $6.00 extra per entry may be small change to you but to others it is a big deal, myself included.

Not practical to assume every families are as wealthy as yourself.

Frankly I never really save much in Johor, unless you cheat and pump a full tank, you only save a couple of dollars but don't forget the money spent to drive in and also the massive two hour jams, there is no real reason to go to Johor, on Monday, I just watched a movie at KSL, my total bill was rm51 for tickets and rm10 for parking, total rm61, I could do it for about the same in Singapore.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly I never really save much in Johor, unless you cheat and pump a full tank, you only save a couple of dollars but don't forget the money spent to drive in and also the massive two hour jams, there is no real reason to go to Johor, on Monday, I just watched a movie at KSL, my total bill was rm51 for tickets and rm10 for parking, total rm61, I could do it for about the same in Singapore.

How many tickets you bought? At TGV Tebrau I bought 2 tickets for RM17 to watch Dr Strange using Citibank credit card 1 for 1 offer, only on Fridays. Parking RM1.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL..tell you so many times don't loitering around taman pelangi. i see movie only RM12. Carpark FOC.:p

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA have decided to match Malaysia"s Road Charge in due course. If Malaysia decides to accelerate their VEP scheme,I think both link will be very free flowing and property sales there will be at a standstill. Unenviable circumstances for existing property owner.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must see how many people you are spending with ? 1 ? or 2 ? RM 61 is like 20sgd. it is only enough for 2 tickets and not including your ticket

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why SIngaporean like to loiter around Taman Pelangi ? JB is so damn big and fun. Why stick to there ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another traffic free day at both entry to JB.
Just by adding a new RM20 Road Charge resulting in much lesser cars entering, those not so smart people are actually losing more by collecting much lesser toll charges and GST collections from all the shopping which will ultimately kill the businesses.