• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will now cost sgd 25.5 for a return trip to johor. Bad news for those travelling in and out everyday but almost no impact for retirees or the occasional visitor.

Frankly, in the end the ones who will be hurt the most is their own jiu hu kia SPRs, assuming they work a 5 day week they would now have to pay an additional $400 per month driving in and out S plate cars ha ha ha ha ha.

Now waiting to see if SG Government has balls to retaliate and watch Johor malls to go down.

Malaysia stupid as hell, suck that Tekkun.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, in the end the ones who will be hurt the most is their own jiu hu kia SPRs, assuming they work a 5 day week they would now have to pay an additional $400 per month driving in and out S plate cars ha ha ha ha ha.

Now waiting to see if SG Government has balls to retaliate and watch Johor malls to go down.

Malaysia stupid as hell, suck that Tekkun.

If I pay sgd 20 just to enter Johore, I would gladly do so. Singapore is so damn cramp and the things here pales in comparison. The things which is at JB has to offer has much more variety. That's the power of having more money. You get to enjoy much more savings by travelling out to JB to get your stuff, the ones which has less resources will be subjected to the local market forces which discriminates against the poor in local Singapore market.

Just buy more things to make your trip worthwhile. $20 sgd is only 10litres of petrol. 10 litres of petrol is just so Fricking little nowadays in Singapore.

The 1st business to feel the effects will be the car wash counter. The malls in JB is quite Singaporean nowadays. Uniqlo and Zara has open their shop at Tebaru city. They will I think thrive.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sign at the checkpoint in Johor states that the RM20 is for foreign vehicles only, so it should be the VEP.

Road charge is the only payment.VEP is the system,they claim,to properly record and monitor foreign vehicles supposedly to prevent cloning.simply put..just had to say something credible in order to charge extra

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I pay sgd 20 just to enter Johore, I would gladly do so. Singapore is so damn cramp and the things here pales in comparison. The things which is at JB has to offer has much more variety. That's the power of having more money. You get to enjoy much more savings by travelling out to JB to get your stuff, the ones which has less resources will be subjected to the local market forces which discriminates against the poor in local Singapore market.

Just buy more things to make your trip worthwhile. $20 sgd is only 10litres of petrol. 10 litres of petrol is just so Fricking little nowadays in Singapore.

The 1st business to feel the effects will be the car wash counter. The malls in JB is quite Singaporean nowadays. Uniqlo and Zara has open their shop at Tebaru city. They will I think thrive.

Tebrau City has probably doubled its size with the completion of the new wing.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Road charge is the only payment.VEP is the system,they claim,to properly record and monitor foreign vehicles supposedly to prevent cloning.simply put..just had to say something credible in order to charge extra

You are right.
The MY ministry had already clarified, the one starting on 01 Nov not the VEP, its the Road Charge or RC for foreign vehicles entering JB.
The VEH is not implemented yet but will be soon.
Now RM20 first.
Later, another RM20 for the VEP, also for all foreign vehicles.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.
The MY ministry had already clarified, the one starting on 01 Nov not the VEP, its the Road Charge or RC for foreign vehicles entering JB.
Now RM20 first.

like tat day tripper n pr driving singkie car plate is fried

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau City has probably doubled its size with the completion of the new wing.

So, Tebrau City will be doubled in size to become a mega mall.
Now, they are rushing to complete another two mega mall - The Paradigm in Skudai and The Capital 21 in Kempas, both also claiming to be a mega mall.
The Paradigm is scheduled to open in 2017 while the Capital, 2018.
The Tasek Plaza in Tun Aminah had also just completed its new extension which will also double its size.
The other two big Shopping Centres in city area, Country Garden and Princess Cove are also scheduled opening in another year's time.
And not forgetting that Shopping Street in Forest City.......................wow, so many shopping centres old and new but so little time.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, Tebrau City will be doubled in size to become a mega mall.
Now, they are rushing to complete another two mega mall - The Paradigm in Skudai and The Capital 21 in Kempas, both also claiming to be a mega mall.
The Paradigm is scheduled to open in 2017 while the Capital, 2018.
The Tasek Plaza in Tun Aminah had also just completed its new extension which will also double its size.
The other two big Shopping Centres in city area, Country Garden and Princess Cove are also scheduled opening in another year's time.
And not forgetting that Shopping Street in Forest City.......................wow, so many shopping centres old and new but so little time.

For many it is so little money.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
At JB now, the jams are bad both going in and out, many chiong in today to beat the Nov 1st deadline, lots of peasant cars, vezels, weekend cars and COE cars. Pathetic lives for Singaporeans, cannot afford to live in their own country.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still stuck in jam, massive amounts of Singaporean peasants went in today in a last ditch thrust, all car wash crowded, car service crowded, petrol stations full, like as if apocalypse.

I tried to delay my exit from Johor hoping to escape the crowd but my trick backfired, hell lots of sinkies also played waiting game, thats why at 11 plus pm still massive jams.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls don't confuse yourself. RC is Road Charge which is RM 20 which I Q up to pay at 12:01am early morning.

VEP is just a system to screen foreign cars and tally it with a car owner. Its like Singapore's Autopass system for Malaysian cars.

There will surely be more Road Charge because for those counters leaving Malaysia, the counters for RC are already fixed. So next time it could be RM 20 into JB and RM 20 out of JB.

You are right.
Now RM20 first.