• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Janitor who makes $250,000 a year caught slacking in closet...

sinkiezen

Alfrescian
Loyal
San Francisco transit janitor who makes more than $250K a year - $160K in overtime - is caught hiding for hours in a closet doing nothing
Liang Zhang earned $270K in 2015 for cleaning metro station in San Francisco

His timecard for BART showed he worked 17-hour days for 18 days straight
Investigation revealed he would take breaks for hours when he was on the clock
One day he spent a total of two hours in the closet in the afternoon and evening
BART managers said despite his high pay, there won't be a future audit
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 06:56 GMT, 7 February 2017 | UPDATED: 13:42 GMT, 7 February 2017

3CE974C800000578-4198548-image-a-111_1486448348782.jpg

A San Francisco transit janitor who earned more than $250,000 in one year, was caught hiding for several hours in a closet not working.

Liang Zhao Zhang, earned $57,945 in 2015 for cleaning San Francisco's Powell Street station.

But public records released by Transparent California, show that Zhang also made an additional $162,050 in overtime, bringing his total salary and benefits that year to $271,243, according to an investigation by KTVU.

Zhang's timecard data showed that he worked every day in 2015, and most days he worked overtime.

BART paid Zhang for working 17-hour days for 18 days straight in July 2015, according to the station.

Zhang's timecard data showed that he worked every day in 2015, and most days he worked overtime. BART paid Zhang (pictured) for working 17-hour days for 18 days straight in July 2015

On the first day, Zhang appeared to go into the closet twice, for 54 minutes and 90 minutes. And on the second day, he spent 90 minutes in the closet in the afternoon, and 78 minutes later that evening

He also used some days of paid vacation and holidays in order to get paid for 365 days that year.

Over a two-day period, surveillance video from BART's security cameras, showed Zhang working and completing his daily to-do list, but it also showed him disappearing inside a storage closet for hours at a time, according to the station.

On the first day, Zhang appeared to go into the closet twice, for 54 minutes and 90 minutes. And on the second day, he spent 90 minutes in the closet in the afternoon, and 78 minutes later that evening.

BART has never investigated Zhang's time cards, despite him earning more than $705,000 between 2012 and 2015.

'It's absolutely outrageous,' Robert Fellner, with Transparent California, told KTVU. 'For Janitors that's obscene! It's unconscionable!'

However, there is an explanation, according to BART's Chief Transportation Officer Roy Aguilera.

Aguilera told KTVU that it was possible for Zhang to work that many hours because he never refuses extra work and picks up the overtime hours offered.

According to Aguilera, there is a large population of homeless people spend time in the Powell Street station, which means the janitorial staff spends much of their time cleaning up urine, feces, and needles.

BART has never investigated Zhang's time cards, despite him earning more than $705,000 between 2012 and 2015

BART administration says that Zhang's direct supervisor approved all his timesheets and overtime, and they insist he is one of their best employees

'People are not raising their hands and saying, "I want some of that overtime." Mr. Zhang has said yes, he's worked hard, he's completed his assignments, so I stand by the work he's done,' Aguilera told KTVU.

Over a two-month period, Zhang failed to clock in or out to verify his hours three times.

BART General Manager Grace Crunican said she wasn't aware of those discrepancies.

'Well, this piece is news to me, yes that would be concerning if we had an examination with the supervisor and there wasn't a good reason for that.'

Crunican told KTVU that she does not believe, based on the information she's seen, that Zhang's high pay and time sheet warrants an audit.

'We've increased the staffing two years in a row, we've reduced the overtime this past year,' she said, 'we've reduced the number of hours for overtime.'

Another 49 BART janitors who earned more than $100,000 in 2015, were not investigated or audited by the company, according to KTVU's investigation.

The agency's spokesperson, Alicia Trost, told the station in an email that there is no future audit being considering after even after the investigation.

BART administration says that Zhang's supervisor approved all of his timesheets and overtime. They also insist that he's one of their employees.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...K-caught-not-working.html?ito=social-facebook

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Quarter mil a year, that's pretty neat for a janitor... sounds like our Ministars need a pay raise to match this janitor...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fake news.....more propaganda from trump and right wingers to bring immigrants and chinks down.....

and shit i need to get me a some asylum in san francisco fast.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eatshitndie, is that you?

no, i'm only a lowly jaga in bedok south making only $696 a month. this case exposes the shenanigan of overtime pay at bart. the system is rotting, pay of workers skyrocketing, and cost of maintenance shocking. sinkies should thank the pap for having a superbly run mrt system. as an update, bart is facing massive delays and shutdowns last couple of days due to rain.

EnBloc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condo jaga is low paying but easy job.

Listen to radio or MP3 at guardhouse.

Just open and close barrier for vehicles.

Treat the patrol as exercise.

Don't act tough, see anything suspicious call supervisor and police.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

sounds like chootchiew last profession.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro easy but long hours job is as equally tiring as a typical tiring job. I quit my 3k living statue job that has no job scope but just need to sit there straight to pretend working (and no sloppy posture allowed) . Must be punctual to the dot . End of the day it is very tiring one. That is to say even someone pay you to sit there for 12 hours it is also not easy money.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro easy but long hours job is as equally tiring as a typical tiring job. I quit my 3k living statue job that has no job scope but just need to sit there straight to pretend working (and no sloppy posture allowed) . Must be punctual to the dot . End of the day it is very tiring one. That is to say even someone pay you to sit there for 12 hours it is also not easy money.

A job is supposed to provide a focus in life. Your living statue job offers not focus but restlessness, unless you need the salary to feed another focus in your life. For most people, it's family - raising children, especially.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A job is supposed to provide a focus in life. Your living statue job offers not focus but restlessness, unless you need the salary to feed another focus in your life. For most people, it's family - raising children, especially.

Perhaps is the restlessness and waiting for time to knockoff that causes the tiredness. I have never been a jaga, but I can link their long hours and routine to guess it is also not as easy job as people sees. Same for those cisco guards in the bank.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps is the restlessness and waiting for time to knockoff that causes the tiredness. I have never been a jaga, but I can link their long hours and routine to guess it is also not as easy job as people sees. Same for those cisco guards in the bank.

Anyone who has done sentry duties during NS can empathize lor. Actually, sales job in the shop also the same.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Compare to you, this janitor's job has meaning ...he works overtime and everyday to earn $250k and a couple of years doing that, he can retire in some smaller US cities where his money goes a longer way.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who has done sentry duties during NS can empathize lor. Actually, sales job in the shop also the same.

It should be the "committed hours on duty" that will make the difference. Yes, sentry is a good example.
Shop sales I think depending on the flexibility .
If say in between holding the fort the person can go ran personal errand kind may not feel this way.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, i'm only a lowly jaga in bedok south making only $696 a month. this case exposes the shenanigan of overtime pay at bart. the system is rotting, pay of workers skyrocketing, and cost of maintenance shocking. sinkies should thank the pap for having a superbly run mrt system. as an update, bart is facing massive delays and shutdowns last couple of days due to rain.

This is a good system ...rewarding someone who is willing to take up the shitty job. He works every day and 18 hours a day. For that he earns $250k. How long can his body tahan, only god knows. But at least he will have a shot to achieve a good life after a few years of back breaking work. I love California!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compare to you, this janitor's job has meaning ...he works overtime and everyday to earn $250k and a couple of years doing that, he can retire in some smaller US cities where his money goes a longer way.

I doubt this person can earn this money if he didn't hide himself in closet to rest lor. He will end up in Woodbridge I think .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

these days with so many social media apps available can pass time easily by sneaking phone under counter and clicking away. see many jaga and saleschicks do that. sometimes they are so preoccupied they bo hew you. you die your biz as they need to check out the latest instagram video on granny spitting on chiobu.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of the PAP Govt. Having being caught out but refused to admit that they completely screwed up. Pure waste of public funds. The issue is not if he is working or not. Why pay OT when the demand calls for 24/7 shift.