• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It may not be a happy Hari Raya Puasa for muslim

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh639 title="AddThis utility frame" height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh51.html#iit=1314202444893&cb=0&ab=-&dh=www.sammyboy.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammyboy.com%2Feditpost.php%3Fdo%3Dupdatepost%26postid%3D807183&dt=Rich%20text%20editor%2C%20vB_Editor_001_editor%2C%20press%20ALT%200%20for%20help.&inst=1&lng=en-us&pc=men&pub=cnaacc&ssl=0&sid=4e55234ca513ac42&srd=1&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.5&ver=250&xck=0&rev=103632&ct=1&xd=1" width=1 name=_atssh639 frameborder="0"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh905 title="AddThis utility frame" height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh51.html#iit=1314202424005&cb=0&ab=-&dh=www.sammyboy.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammyboy.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F99752-It-may-not-be-a-happy-Hari-Raya-Puasa-for-muslims%26p%3D807183%23post807183&dt=Rich text editor%2C vB_Editor_QE_1_editor%2C press ALT 0 for help.&inst=1&lng=en-us&pc=men&pub=cnaacc&ssl=0&sid=4e55233701273595&srd=1&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.5&ver=250&xck=0&rev=103632&ct=1&xd=1" frameBorder=0 width=1 name=_atssh905></IFRAME>
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=_atssh396 title="AddThis utility frame" height=1 src="//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/sh51.html#iit=1314202378433&cb=0&ab=-&dh=www.sammyboy.com&dr=&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sammyboy.com%2Fnewthread.php%3Fdo%3Dpostthread%26f%3D2&dt=Rich text editor%2C vB_Editor_001_editor%2C press ALT 0 for help.&inst=1&lng=en-us&pc=men&pub=cnaacc&ssl=0&sid=4e55230a459d98e4&srd=1&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srx=0.5&ver=250&xck=0&rev=103632&ct=1&xd=1" frameBorder=0 width=1 name=_atssh396></IFRAME>
Dip in business at Geylang Serai bazaar
<LINK rel=image_src href="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpubTGBP.jpg">

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<!-- for social media sharing functions --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var addthis_pub="cnaacc"; var addthis_options = 'facebook, twitter, live, google, linkedin, digg, yahoobkm, more'; var storyTitle = "Dip in business at Geylang Serai bazaar"; var newStoryTitle = storyTitle.replace(/'/g,'\''); newStoryTitle = newStoryTitle.replace(/;\n/g,''); newStoryTitle = newStoryTitle.replace(/"/g,'&quot;'); var addthis_config = { "data_track_clickback": true, ui_click: true } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=cnaacc"></SCRIPT>

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><!-- AddThis Button END -->

<TBODY> </TBODY>

<!-- END social media sharing functions -->
SINGAPORE: Retailers at the Geylang Serai bazaar say they are seeing a 30 percent dip in takings despite Hari Raya being just a week away.

They say business during the weekdays at the annual bazaar has not been brisk.

Retailers say visitor numbers have also decreased by between 20 and 30 per cent compared to a year ago.

The businesses say this may be due to more neighbourhood bazaars sprouting up and concerns about the economy.

Some retailers say they are willing to offer additional discounts to woo buyers.

Going by past tradition, retailers usually offer discounts of up to 50 per cent or even 70 per cent on Hari Raya eve.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: It may not be a happy Hari Raya Puasa for muslims

It gets worse every year..... haiz....

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dip might be in relation to Oily and tasteless food. I went there last yr after being adsent for a couple of years. And if i not wrong i wasted 20bucks on food, It was either too oily or taste bad.

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically selling the same old thing. But the atmosphere in our neighbouring country JB is crowded even in the day time

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Basically selling the same old thing. But the atmosphere in our neighbouring country JB is crowded even in the day time
Muslim country mah.... was at City Square Mall at Johor 2 nights ago, bubbling with Mooncake festival stalls and Hari Raya stalls.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only people left in Singapore are India Indians(Hindu) and China Chinese(Communist Atheist). So, how to have customers for Ramadan stalls?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muslim country mah.... was at City Square Mall at Johor 2 nights ago, bubbling with Mooncake festival stalls and Hari Raya stalls.

Was at City Sq Mall today & those stalls are still there. They'll probably be there until this weekend.
Anyone who wants mooncakes or Hari Raya goodies can get it there.

There's more of a festive atmosphere in JB than there is in Spore. In Spore whenever there is a holiday people either return to their home towns if they can afford to, or go to Malaysia where it's cheaper & more interesting:rolleyes:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to hit the bazaar 2 night b4 Hari-Raya to take advantage of the mass-cheap sell-offs.

My fav. is hotdog Cheese and Ayam bakar.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at City Sq Mall today & those stalls are still there. They'll probably be there until this weekend.
Anyone who wants mooncakes or Hari Raya goodies can get it there.

There's more of a festive atmosphere in JB than there is in Spore. In Spore whenever there is a holiday people either return to their home towns if they can afford to, or go to Malaysia where it's cheaper & more interesting:rolleyes:
Cheap there mah, 1 mooncake around SG$6 each, cheap cheap, 2 yolks $15 ringgit, 4 yolks $17.50 ringgit :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like mooncakes with or without yolks. I like the old type with melon seeds. Now hard to find. :(

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like mooncakes with or without yolks. I like the old type with melon seeds. Now hard to find. :(
They got sell Teochew mooncake, not those flowery skins, rounded kind with just lian rong inside, that 1 is nice :biggrin:

I tried the mooncakes samples until sweet overdosed :eek::biggrin:

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geylang... You find them in many stalls usually in the one big Food Tent. Hot-dog cheese is $1 and Ayam Bakar is also $1... The rest are just too oily or taste like garbage. Standard has defiantly dropped over the years.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Geylang... You find them in many stalls usually in the one big Food Tent. Hot-dog cheese is $1 and Ayam Bakar is also $1... The rest are just too oily or taste like garbage. Standard has defiantly dropped over the years.
Alamak.... i thought at Johor.... hahahaa......

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not johor... And dont forget thier national day is coming, And dont be there on that day.. Usually Sg bikers wont enter during this period cos the Rempits will be out in force.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Malays are also feeling the effect of so many FTs in Singapore. I spoke to some of my malay friends and non wanted to vote for TT this PE.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya thats right bro. These days i get my malaysian friend to buy for me a few boxes cos she comes down regularly. The melon seeds nice.