• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the multi-billions invested in Iskandar since 2007 by the multimillion or billion Companies are all DEAD WRONG.
They are all DOOMED. Iskandar has no future! Population will regress! All Infra will turn into Jungle/wasteland.

LOL. :p Selamat Hari Raya to all my Muslim friends.
Have a good day all.

:wink:

And how much have you invested yourself? For big boys, they play big stakes but does not make them right. what about yourself? You put your money where your mouth is? Or it is all put in your ass where your brain is! Lol Selamat Hari Raya to all.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are all doomed ...sob...sob.
It is end of the world....Iskandar will burn...there will be no takers for the condos in Medini.
Quick quick sell cheap cheap. Run before you get burnt!! :biggrin:

Stay safe in Singapore. Beware of bombs in MY.

Good advice.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. And one more 5 star hotel is ready in Iskandar puteri, who are the customers ?

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/community/2016/07/05/boost-for-medical-tourism/

Yup I wonder too.

The last time I went to Gleneagles Medini, it was very empty. Like no business and can close down any time soon. I don't know how they can survive running such a big medical institution with so few patients.

All those new hotels sprouting out will add more difficulty for property owners who intend to rent out their units to tourists. It's not just more condos the authorities are building but also service apartments and hotels. In the years to come, there will be an immense buildup of competition with oversupply of properties and services but no critical demand to show for.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup I wonder too.

The last time I went to Gleneagles Medini, it was very empty. Like no business and can close down any time soon. I don't know how they can survive running such a big medical institution with so few patients.

All those new hotels sprouting out will add more difficulty for property owners who intend to rent out their units to tourists. It's not just more condos the authorities are building but also service apartments and hotels. In the years to come, there will be an immense buildup of competition with oversupply of properties and services but no critical demand to show for.

Please lah people say big boys put billions of dollars, cannot go wrong lol lol

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am confused already, malaysia oversupply cannot invest Singapore overpriced cannot invest, London crisis cannot invest, Vietnam no clear law cannot invest, Australia not investor friendly cannot invest. How ? Lol

Better put money in bank earn the 1% interest to counter the 7% inflation ? Or buy the Singapore bond safe safe. Lol

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah people say big boys put billions of dollars, cannot go wrong lol lol ��

Haha... Even poor Manhattan now also confused already. Lol

Wise advice I got from investing masters and incorporated into my own:

1. There is a time for everything.
2. A = $1, B = $100. Better buy A because it is so much cheaper than B? WRONG.
3. If you can't find anything to buy, you don't settle for less or take unnecessary risks. See 1 above.
4. Open your eyes BIG BIG.

No wonder scammers love to target gullible Singaporeans. For some weird reasons, they can't wait to part with their money. Maybe they feel uneasy holding too much cash.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... Even poor Manhattan now also confused already. Lol

Wise advice I got from investing masters and incorporated into my own:

1. There is a time for everything.
2. A = $1, B = $100. Better buy A because it is so much cheaper than B? WRONG.
3. If you can't find anything to buy, you don't settle for less or take unnecessary risks. See 1 above.
4. Open your eyes BIG BIG.

No wonder scammers love to target gullible Singaporeans. For some weird reasons, they can't wait to part with their money. Maybe they feel uneasy holding too much cash.

Damn...you guys are sure catching up fast. But these days is not about just buying properties and it is not the only investment instrument. It is about buying money in lieu of properties. Wait for the right kill. Take your time.
But still the same principle. Go for the best and most exclusive you can afford. Don't settle for the second best.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn...you guys are sure catching up fast. But these days is not about just buying properties and it is not the only investment instrument. It is about buying money in lieu of properties. Wait for the right kill. Take your time.
But still the same principle. Go for the best and most exclusive you can afford. Don't settle for the second best.

Those rules have always been close to me and serve as a guide.

Why are people here so property crazy? Sure must buy a property, otherwise cannot brag to others you "own a property" somewhere? Why must force yourself to take unnecessary risks when there is nothing good to buy? And don't lie to yourself. If something is not gold, don't give 100 poor reasons why it will become gold. It won't.

Yup, many buy ordinary, far from even 2nd best properties and then hope next time, they will win big. Based on what? Oh so many reports say this, say that. My agent friend told me this one "Sure make money. Must buy!" Sounds to me like a gambler who buys some random 4D numbers, puts the betting slip under the pillow and thinks he will strike rich.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

So many here don't go for your advice and go for the best and exclusive in US, London, Australia and Singapore, instead they go for the cheapest in Johor how to make money?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many here don't go for your advice and go for the best and exclusive in US, London, Australia and Singapore, instead they go for the cheapest in Johor how to make money?

No la... They buy for holiday home. So cheap. How to buy a condo in SG for only S$250k?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Different ball game altogether. In any international property investments, you must have the cash upfront. Not loans or enough for the 20% downpayment. So one has to make do what they have or can afford. You just to respect one's decision. They maybe right in their own decision makings. What you think is wrong may not be what it is to them. They just eat what is laid in front of them.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I still think a few projects in johor are still good buy. Coastal sparsely built developments with security are best buy. Rich people don't like crowds and like near water. Although I am not rich but that is where I want to live. Once world economy pick up johor will see the boom. Give it 5 years more.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I still think a few projects in johor are still good buy. Coastal sparsely built developments with security are best buy. Rich people don't like crowds and like near water. Although I am not rich but that is where I want to live. Once world economy pick up johor will see the boom. Give it 5 years more.

Senibong Cove, Puteri Harbour, Emerald Bay...blisss.....

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beware of investing in Iskandar regardless of what u buy / where u buy bcoz that means u have your Brains in your Ass! What an acute Observation! Gosh i need watch my privacy. :o

LMFAO...

:biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different ball game altogether. In any international property investments, you must have the cash upfront. Not loans or enough for the 20% downpayment. So one has to make do what they have or can afford. You just to respect one's decision. They maybe right in their own decision makings. What you think is wrong may not be what it is to them. They just eat what is laid in front of them.

Given the relatively high bank interest rates in Malaysia (4.5%, heard it may increase soon?), would you recommend to use as much cash as possible, or refrain from loaning from bank, to buy a Johor condo?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the relatively high bank interest rates in Malaysia (4.5%, heard it may increase soon?), would you recommend to use as much cash as possible, or refrain from loaning from bank, to buy a Johor condo?

Borrowed money is not your money. Borrowed money has a additional cost to it. Compounding interests @ 4.5% over 20 years is frightening unless the Capital appreciation works out right. Rentals are just to subsidise mortgage repayments. It will not generate into positive cash flow.
Many people were lead into falsehood that they own properties but actually they own nothing but debts.
As an individual, I do not like to borrow money to buy properties unless it is way beyond my reach.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Borrowed money is not your money. Borrowed money has a additional cost to it. Compounding interests @ 4.5% over 20 years is frightening unless the Capital appreciation works out right. Rentals are just to subsidise mortgage repayments. It will not generate into positive cash flow.
Many people were lead into falsehood that they own properties but actually they own nothing but debts.
As an individual, I do not like to borrow money to buy properties unless it is way beyond my reach.

You're in a different class! :biggrin:

Usually people leverage from bank loans to own or invest in properties. But I find it's a totally different ball game in Malaysia when it comes to buying properties.

Yes, the high interest rates is frightening. Depending on the loan amount, within 5 years, the interest alone can hit more than RM100k! Rental (if there is any) can't cover even 1/2 the mortgage.

But on the other hand, if you use cash to pay, you are locking up money in the property? Can only hope for capital appreciation in future which is a big "???" for some properties.

I think best to buy only if one intends to stay and enjoy the property.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spoken like a true property investor and which is something I kept repeating over and over. Johor interest rates very high compared to Singapore, that is why I say, in most cases, especially in the case of Singapore property buyers, they are subsidizing the tenants, but many stubbornly still say that they own an asset in the end, now your last paragraph sums it up perfectly, what I was saying all along....in the end they own freehold liability, not asset, especially since by the time they fully paid up the property it would have deteriorated and depreciated so much that one may hardly recover back the principle sum.

You see, all the dummy Sinkies look up to you whenever you say anything positive about Iskandar properties, but there are just about 10% difference between you and them which makes all the difference between success and failure in Johor.

1. You are a Malaysian, this is your homeland, it is given that you own property there, but it is an option for Sinkies.

2. You are astute, like it or not, a lot of your points in property investing and financing align with mine.

3. You are cash rich and can take the losses, unlike many of the Sinkies here who are just plain ordinary folks and the $200 to $300k are their life savings mean for their retirement, once wiped out they are finished and yet they want to compare their risk taking with being the same as multi- millionaires or even multi-billion dollar corporations, how dumb can they get?

I wonder if their dumbness is exclusive only to Singaporean Johor property investors or is their dumbness really widespread, or maybe only really limited to 5 whole people who only post here.....LOL LOL!

Malaysia Boleh! Majulah Singapura!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're in a different class! :biggrin:

Usually people leverage from bank loans to own or invest in properties. But I find it's a totally different ball game in Malaysia when it comes to buying properties.

Yes, the high interest rates is frightening. Depending on the loan amount, within 5 years, the interest alone can hit more than RM100k! Rental (if there is any) can't cover even 1/2 the mortgage.

But on the other hand, if you use cash to pay, you are locking up money in the property? Can only hope for capital appreciation in future which is a big "???" for some properties.

I think best to buy only if one intends to stay and enjoy the property.

All I can say to you is that if you knew, just like I did, that it would be a totally different ball game in Malaysia when it comes to buying properties, before you bought, you probably would not have "invested" in Johor.

I guess you only just found out after you bought.