• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, I saw it from the Medini website. I wonder if all of the companies are in already.

80,000 sq ft for Medini 6 and 144,000 sq ft for Medini 7 sound very huge. I wonder where all the workers are staying at.

Cos when I asked a property agent, he didn't really know if these workers can be targeted for rental of the condos nearby.

Same goes for workers at Pinewood Studios. The agent guessed that the employees would probably prefer the east, such as Bt Indah (with more amenities) or Horizon Hills side.

Medini 6 is fully tenanted.
Huawei Technologies Malaysia, Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd, i2M Ventures, BCB Heights, Prestariang Technology, Intelsec, Bina Puri

Golbury Global IT Automotive Hub and Training has 25,000 sq ft on Medini 7. I think there are more companies there.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, I saw it from the Medini website. I wonder if all of the companies are in already.

80,000 sq ft for Medini 6 and 144,000 sq ft for Medini 7 sound very huge. I wonder where all the workers are staying at.

Cos when I asked a property agent, he didn't really know if these workers can be targeted for rental of the condos nearby.

Same goes for workers at Pinewood Studios. The agent guessed that the employees would probably prefer the east, such as Bt Indah (with more amenities) or Horizon Hills side.

If you are the worker, where would you stay?
Obviously it is near the amenities and restaurant areas. Afterall you are renting only and it must be convenient for everything.
Medini is very quiet at night and what else would you do?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
True to that...My friend who drove there at night along the roads leading to Gleneagles Medini told me it's so quiet and deserted.

Think Medini residential is more of a "retirement village or holiday home"... at least for now.

If you are the worker, where would you stay?
Obviously it is near the amenities and restaurant areas. Afterall you are renting only and it must be convenient for everything.
Medini is very quiet at night and what else would you do?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
True to that...My friend who drove there at night along the roads leading to Gleneagles Medini told me it's so quiet and deserted.

Think Medini residential is more of a "retirement village or holiday home"... at least for now.

Also not ideal for retirement village or holiday home............imagine a pair of old folks staying there in the middle of nowhere without all the basic amenities, living in a HDB estate is better off where food courts are usually short walk away.
As for holiday home, same as above, there's nothing much to do nearby and you need to have a car to move around, even going to nearby Puteri Harbour.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also not ideal for retirement village or holiday home............imagine a pair of old folks staying there in the middle of nowhere without all the basic amenities, living in a HDB estate is better off where food courts are usually short walk away.
As for holiday home, same as above, there's nothing much to do nearby and you need to have a car to move around, even going to nearby Puteri Harbour.

I think most people would imagine if staying in a Malaysian property, one should have a car. Or in future, I'm not sure if they will improve the transportation within Medini with buses. Won't expect them to be regular though. So this may work out for the retirees who don't drive.

As for holiday home, yes I really don't know how it should be. Travel from Singapore to the Medini home every Sat morning and then return to Singapore on Sun evening? If no car, just got to spend most time inside the condo using the facilities.... gym, swimming, walk around... Dunno will get tired of it or not. Or perhaps just spend most of the time inside the home.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think most people would imagine if staying in a Malaysian property, one should have a car. Or in future, I'm not sure if they will improve the transportation within Medini with buses. Won't expect them to be regular though. So this may work out for the retirees who don't drive.

So, suddenly, the old couple who had never driven a car before has to learn driving quickly and pass, buy a car to stay in a remote place?
If they don't cook (common for SG folks) they need to drive out everyday to eat, so can't drive, no lunch, no dinner? Order pizza (if they deliver there) or walk to the nearest kopitiam which may be about 2 km away, if there's one?

As for holiday home, yes I really don't know how it should be. Travel from Singapore to the Medini home every Sat morning and then return to Singapore on Sun evening? If no car, just got to spend most time inside the condo using the facilities.... gym, swimming, walk around... Dunno will get tired of it or not. Or perhaps just spend most of the time inside the home.

Imagine, a family of 4, worse if got some oldies, all carrying some luggages, travelling from the CIQ to Medini, if not by driving, then by cab........taking a bus to some point and walking there is not a good alternative.
All the holiday mood will be gone, even for once.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously, retiring in Iskandar won't apply to everyone. I think there are more people who know how to drive than those who can't. And many in SG do own cars. They also need not be frail when retired. At 62, or some even retire younger, they are still in good health.

As for holiday home... again best if have a car. If not, yes, take public transport. It can be done. Slightly longer journey perhaps. But since it's only for the weekend, no luggage is needed. Maybe just a backpack.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously, retiring in Iskandar won't apply to everyone. I think there are more people who know how to drive than those who can't. And many in SG do own cars. They also need not be frail when retired. At 62, or some even retire younger, they are still in good health.

As for holiday home... again best if have a car. If not, yes, take public transport. It can be done. Slightly longer journey perhaps. But since it's only for the weekend, no luggage is needed. Maybe just a backpack.

Retiring means using that home as a base and go visiting all over the country or the world.
If just go to that condo in Iskandar and do nothing, then it is more like a old folks home.

You will definitely need a car. Small or big doesn't matter, you just need one especially in Medini.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

In my view, even if the public transportation in JB is significantly improved, it is preferable (perhaps even necessary, I would say if you have a family) to have a car, regardless of whether one is living in Medini or Pelangi, because it is really affordable (in the true sense, not in PAP sense LOL!) especially for Singaporeans because of the fact that MY cars are cheaper and the exchange rate makes them even cheaper. Having a car would really make it very convenient because of the freedom to move about, and also the relative safety of being inside the car versus walking or waiting along the main road waiting for buses or taxis.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retiring means using that home as a base and go visiting all over the country or the world.
If just go to that condo in Iskandar and do nothing, then it is more like a old folks home.

You will definitely need a car. Small or big doesn't matter, you just need one especially in Medini.

Sigh... Ok got to consider a car. It's not on my agenda so far. Maybe next time.

But I can see the convenience of having one. There are hardly any amenities in Medini. The Mall of Medini is a disappointment to me. Not as big and vibrant as I expected it to be.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh... Ok got to consider a car. It's not on my agenda so far. Maybe next time.

But I can see the convenience of having one. There are hardly any amenities in Medini. The Mall of Medini is a disappointment to me. Not as big and vibrant as I expected it to be.

A car will give you range and freedom (american dream), you will be more willing to visit places you never imagine visiting before. i.e. Kelong in tanjung leman, east coast drive to cherating, seafood in pontian, drive to bukit tinggi, frasers hill, lumut etc. To me, JB is fun but Malaysia is even "funner", tons of things to see.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A car will give you range and freedom (american dream), you will be more willing to visit places you never imagine visiting before. i.e. Kelong in tanjung leman, east coast drive to cherating, seafood in pontian, drive to bukit tinggi, frasers hill, lumut etc. To me, JB is fun but Malaysia is even "funner", tons of things to see.

Tanjung Leman no more kelongs. One of my favorite place. All 4 of them dismantled :(

One of the first thing any one who started working is to buy a car in Malaysia. College boys would get a car. Aunties would get a car. Girls refused to go dating with guys who don't have a car. There's no salesman if there's no cars. And cars are cheap. That is Malaysian car culture. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL! I can certainly attest and say "Amen" to that!:biggrin: We went in search of authentic Pontian wan ton noodles In Pontian, just slightly over an hour’s drive from JB. We also explored Yong Peng and its famous fish ball noodles. We went to Kukup to jiak seafood. Drove to Port Dickson. Explored parts of Malacca and Muar…and still lots of places to explore! When living in JB can really be much more adventurous to venture out and experience more sights and sounds and tastes! Just do it!

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tanjung Leman no more kelongs. One of my favorite place. All 4 of them dismantled :(

One of the first thing any one who started working is to buy a car in Malaysia. College boys would get a car. Aunties would get a car. Girls refused to go dating with guys who don't have a car. There's no salesman if there's no cars. And cars are cheap. That is Malaysian car culture. :smile:

WHAT!!! I was thinking of organizing a trip there with my friends in July. The last time i went there was like 4-5 years ago, super relaxing, nothing to do but enjoy the sea and fish, if thats your thing.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHAT!!! I was thinking of organizing a trip there with my friends in July. The last time i went there was like 4-5 years ago, super relaxing, nothing to do but enjoy the sea and fish, if thats your thing.

You can only get the KFC at Tg leman now..

Ah Fatt moved up to Kampong Acheh towards Pahang Endau side. So still can go.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the satay stalls selling tuai kie satay? Johor one machiam birdies. :p

If you go to Kajang, try the Haji Samuri Satay at Medan Satay opposite Parkson. Big size lagi. Got goat and rabbit satay also.
Horliao!!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

To live in JB, having a car is ESSENTIAL, more so for remote location like Medini.
Public transport network is poor and not extensive and is absolutely unreliable here..........wait and wait for the bus alone in a very quiet bus stop on a very quiet road can be very traumatising.