• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ISD / ISA / Marxist Conspiracy/ TT and TCB

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew that it will come to this. Both men stuck and unable to move. Unable to say much and bound by the Official Secrets Act. Tony Tan forgot and reacted and Tan Jee Say clearly did not know.

To those who are young and those are not familiar it tells how these are done. Imagine the DPM's PPS is not in the loop despite the tag (Principal "Private" Secretary)

I always felt that Teo Soh Lung was probably the most blur of the detainees. She is still seeking closure and the govt will never tell her. Her best bet is to ask some of her fellow detainees. Though most were clearly social activists who went on a journey without realising who was behind it, some were indeed complicit. Life is never fair with those complicit cooperating with the authorities by revealing their agenda and their networks. Having found closure, they moved on and have prospered. One has even become a millionaire. An unfair outcome but that is life.

The govt will never reveal who were complicit and who were led like sheep. To do so will reveal who broke down and some of whom might still work for the other side.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,
This is one of your more objective comment sans the usual sarcasm....

poor scroo, you ar a cynic & understandably so, being who u r & seen what u hv seen...

life is simple but not simplistic

human beings have limitless imagination & free to act on their own motivation ---- or not to act at all.

unfortunately, the path is hell is always laid with the best intentions...

Is there a hidden hand or just a convenient bogeyman - is Tan Wah Piow a troublemaker...

Old Man takes no chances hence the ugly part to his legacy - fucking paranoid....

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you being sarcastic on the point that TJS 'clearly did not know'?

PPS is a senior civil service appointment (equivalent to deputy permanent secretary) whose role is to give all-rounded advice to the Minister they reports to.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With respect to Scroobal, I do not think Teo Soh Lung was the most blur among the detainees. I would describe her as tenacious, deeply hurt and psychologically scarred by her detention, perhaps even for the rest of her life. Until she gets her closure, she has every right to seek justice and regain some measure of self respect; if not from this present-day PAP government, then perhaps from a future non-PAP government. You see, hope like faith can be eternal. It is enbalming for the soul and keeps her spirit going.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about this for deep psychological scar? She was having coffee with an acquaintance, a known pro opposition fellow and one of her former ISD interrogator/torturer came over to say "hello" and enquired about her health and then left without waiting for an answer? She turned white, trembled and was speechless for minutes. I was told about that incident by her coffee companion.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hopefully the 1987 case will reopen.
Please ask LKY and PAP to prove that Marxist conspiracy really exit. If not how to justify ISA.
Why need ISA? There are law like terrorist, bomb plot all are in the law. What for need ISA please ask LKY and PAP?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In harmony, they will say, 'we are bound by the Official Secrets Act,' a piece of legislation designed 'to protect officials not secrets' (Sir Humphrey Appleby, Yes Minister)

Hopefully the 1987 case will reopen.
Please ask LKY and PAP to prove that Marxist conspiracy really exit. If not how to justify ISA.
Why need ISA? There are law like terrorist, bomb plot all are in the law. What for need ISA please ask LKY and PAP?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In harmony, they will say, 'we are bound by the Official Secrets Act,' a piece of legislation designed 'to protect officials not secrets' (Sir Humphrey Appleby, Yes Minister)

Those who arrested in 1987 should come out and speak. CNN/BBC/......................news media willing to do the coverage to get more news and viewer.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have spoken, many times. Teo Soh Lung has even written a book about it. MSM has featured them but in a manner that is easily forgettable.

Those who arrested in 1987 should come out and speak. CNN/BBC/......................news media willing to do the coverage to get more news and viewer.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have spoken, many times. Teo Soh Lung has even written a book about it. MSM has featured them but in a manner that is easily forgettable.

Now days no people read book. All too lazy. Best is video. Can circulate on youtube.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew that it will come to this. Both men stuck and unable to move. Unable to say much and bound by the Official Secrets Act. Tony Tan forgot and reacted and Tan Jee Say clearly did not know.

To those who are young and those are not familiar it tells how these are done. Imagine the DPM's PPS is not in the loop despite the tag (Principal "Private" Secretary)

I always felt that Teo Soh Lung was probably the most blur of the detainees. She is still seeking closure and the govt will never tell her. Her best bet is to ask some of her fellow detainees. Though most were clearly social activists who went on a journey without realising who was behind it, some were indeed complicit. Life is never fair with those complicit cooperating with the authorities by revealing their agenda and their networks. Having found closure, they moved on and have prospered. One has even become a millionaire. An unfair outcome but that is life.

The govt will never reveal who were complicit and who were led like sheep. To do so will reveal who broke down and some of whom might still work for the other side.

If you look through http://newspapers.nl.sg/ and search for Tan Jee Say, he defended GCT on Goh's behalf regarding the conspiracy.

Let's not forget that OTC also was supportive of the detention--search around and you see that OTC also got the NTUC to protest against US involvement in the conspiracy

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...msVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=leEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4400,2716934

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Wah Piow is no communist. He was an idealistic architectural student who was in similar mindset of many students of that era who wanted worker abuse to be exposed. He was fixed up. Old man however never took any chances. Jurong Industrial estate was humming along and he did not want to damage it. To him collateral damage was perfectly acceptable. He never bothered about the lives of others. Take James Fu who is Grace Fu's father who was long time press secretary to old man. James Fu was a full fledged communist cell member. He chose to switch side shortly after his arrest and detention under Operation Cold Store. He implicated others. He was rewarded and well looked after. He is not the only one. Sharma and Eu who were ranking communists and held position higher than the Plen subsequently returned to Singapore and their kids given jobs in GLCs such as SPH. All they had to do was kow tow to old man.

Tan Wah Piow refused to sell his soul and they created a special legislation to remove his citizenship.

Bro,
This is one of your more objective comment sans the usual sarcasm....

poor scroo, you ar a cynic & understandably so, being who u r & seen what u hv seen...

life is simple but not simplistic

human beings have limitless imagination & free to act on their own motivation ---- or not to act at all.

unfortunately, the path is hell is always laid with the best intentions...

Is there a hidden hand or just a convenient bogeyman - is Tan Wah Piow a troublemaker...

Old Man takes no chances hence the ugly part to his legacy - fucking paranoid....

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things like that are classified and not shared.

Are you being sarcastic on the point that TJS 'clearly did not know'?

PPS is a senior civil service appointment (equivalent to deputy permanent secretary) whose role is to give all-rounded advice to the Minister they reports to.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the tenacious ones who are pure of soul, good hearted that do not see the hidden hand. She really needs to wake up. Her former boss was arrested under ISA in the 70s while she was working for him. Still she can't see what was going on. Some of the 22 after a while started thinking laterally and realised that they not only should look to the Govt for answer but to look amongst themselves.

I wish this country like many has Freedom of Information Act where state secrets can be after period of time allowed access. They will be shocked who amongst them was deep into something they cannot fathom.

With respect to Scroobal, I do not think Teo Soh Lung was the most blur among the detainees. I would describe her as tenacious, deeply hurt and psychologically scarred by her detention, perhaps even for the rest of her life. Until she gets her closure, she has every right to seek justice and regain some measure of self respect; if not from this present-day PAP government, then perhaps from a future non-PAP government. You see, hope like faith can be eternal. It is enbalming for the soul and keeps her spirit going.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PPS may be a senior appt in the civil service but I doubt if TJS had access to the 'real' reports. Even TCB, then Feedback chief would not be part of the loop. LKY, GCT, then minister MHA, PS MHA, DISD and his key officers will be the only ones who know the true story. Not even CP and his DCP were in the loop. Trust me, while I wasn't involved in the case, I know how the entity works. Need to know basis, period.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and the rest of the cabinet gets the sanitised version without the discovery part. The high judge who is required to review the detention order has more info to do their job and the ISD Sr Chap must make out his case to the judge.

TT was not with MHA.

PPS may be a senior appt in the civil service but I doubt if TJS had access to the 'real' reports. Even TCB, then Feedback chief would not be part of the loop. LKY, GCT, then minister MHA, PS MHA, DISD and his key officers will be the only ones who know the true story. Not even CP and his DCP were in the loop. Trust me, while I wasn't involved in the case, I know how the entity works. Need to know basis, period.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be a total waste of time as most of them have no clue what the whole thing is about. Some of them have guessed why they were picked up and you will never catch them coming out in public and talking about it. Anyway all they can say is their treatment and time in detention and nothing more.

Let me give you an analogy. Peter is the closest thing to the village idiot. He has a wife and 6 kids. Once in a while he wonders why all his 6 kids don't look like him. The rest of the village are too kind to tell him. Peter also cannot understand why they treat him differently to others.

My advice is to read extensively. There are enough materials out there to join the dots. If two Australian academics can piece most of the solution on available materials and interviewing some of the key players , I don't see why Singaporeans should not able to piece some of the puzzle.

Last edited: