• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is your home stiLL instaLLed with fixed Land Lines..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guessed it's a matter of time when suscribers of fixed Lines wiLL choose to opt of out them, unLess
your's is tied to some internet pLans & so forth..
HardLy do i receive anyone caLLing to my home anymore; short of distant reLatives who have not been updated..hence my thought of canceLLing them anytime soon..:cool:

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane

(Guess what song without googling)

Buy2Get1Free

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're talking about analog land lines from Singtel, then no, not anymore.

But if you're talking about digital land lines from Starhub and M1, then yes, still having them and paying for them too, not free.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed, but i have never own a cell phone either, i only use landline or skype......:smile:

In Spore a cell phone is now a necessity if you want to pay by credit card for online purchases e.g. tixes for Airasia, Jetstar,..
The merchant will send a request to the card issuer to verify the card, the bank will then SMS a pass code to you which you have to enter before the online merchant will process your order.

Buy2Get1Free

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was referring to a typical home user
It's easier to tap into a wireless connection. Not many people own or know how to use a sniffer.

There's no way to tap into a wireless network, if you use WPA2 security for your router, which you should if you're using wireless.

http://compnetworking.about.com/b/2010/01/06/wpa2-vs-wpa-for-wireless-security.htm

In any case, no one will tap into your internet connection to get into your computer. It is not done this way.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Line ?

6aa387b2acbb342a0307c7bf3a099272.image.300x400.jpg

I used landline, don't know how to use mobile.......:eek:

Nowadays, bombs are activated using mobile phones. Do you still think they will still use a wire system to detonate them like in WWII ?

Even the Rediffusion box is no more in use. Go wireless - radio.

The problem with nowadays mobile phones is that they drain the dry cells quickly.

Technology will offset one and phase out the other.

rediffusion-box.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel Line Sux Big Time

7190717_f260.jpg

Guessed it's a matter of time when suscribers of fixed Lines wiLL choose to opt of out them, unLess

Mine is already gone ... about 2 years ago. The Singtel line sux big time whenever there is a rain. The techs had changed lines several times but to no avail.

Dinosaurs cannot survive for long lah.

I'm wondering whether Singtel may remove some of its phone booths in Sinkiesland. They waste land space and consume electricity.

491.jpg

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
HardLy do i receive anyone caLLing to my home anymore; short of distant reLatives who have not been updated..hence my thought of canceLLing them anytime soon..:cool:

I still use landline to call others because it is free, other than a two dollar monthly charge. If I use mobile to call out, it will cost me a lot more over time, especially for long chats. I try to keep my family total phone bills below $1200 per annum. Not allowing temasick to earn duopolistic profit off me.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still use landline to call others because it is free, other than a two dollar monthly charge. If I use mobile to call out, it will cost me a lot more over time, especially for long chats. I try to keep my family total phone bills below $1200 per annum. Not allowing temasick to earn duopolistic profit off me.

Very wise. Also are you going to give everyone of your family a mobile phone? You old mother, you pre-school or primary school kid or your maid?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine is already gone ... about 2 years ago. The Singtel line sux big time whenever there is a rain. The techs had changed lines several times but to no avail.
Nowdays, rain wouldn't affect landlines much. Which area is your home located?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very wise. Also are you going to give everyone of your family a mobile phone? You old mother, you pre-school or primary school kid or your maid?

Everyone except the dog have a mobile phone. For kids use prepaid, then call them using house phone, totally free!

liketogossip

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also prefer landline, no need to worry about poor reception unlike using mobile.