• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is there a true religion?

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread was started with the hope that some might come forth to share their personal experiences which convinced them that their religion is the real deal and not just beliefs. Till now, other than the usual mudslinging, no 1 has come forth. So, nobody personally experienced God?? hmmm......

You can go to the thread on Today's Scripture Reading. Most of my writings there are written from my heart because Lord Jesus has revealed Himself to me. Our God is God of Revelation and when we pray to Him asking Him to reveal to us, He will never disappoint us. God Bless.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can go to the thread on Today's Scripture Reading. Most of my writings there are written from my heart because Lord Jesus has revealed Himself to me. Our God is God of Revelation and when we pray to Him asking Him to reveal to us, He will never disappoint us. God Bless.

Thank you for sharing but you have not given instances of how God has revealed to you?? Thats what I wish to hear.

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
my religion is Eckankar, The Light and sound of God. Previously, it was called Ancient Science of Soul Travel.

Here's why i believes that it is the truest of all religions:

1) In ECKANKAR, there are always enlightened leaders in charge and they can stay in the physical body for as long as it's required. Eg one is 600yrs old and another is 3000 yrs old and others r even more. These spiritual masters that are guiding you have the Wisdom of God and they know everything about you more than yourself. They are not mere humans who yield easily to the 5 passions of the mind. Despite their infinite powers, they are humble and does not seek to control you in any way. They only accept you for who you are and doesnt seek to be your authoritories. They only wish you would stand with them as equal.

I am experienced the Love of the ECK masters, love that i am not capable of imagination. The love and virtues of the masters is absolute aka pure and unconditional.

2) Eckankar show you the way to Heaven in this lifetime, not after you die. This ability doesnt belong to just the leaders, some of the ordinary members including in singapore has it.

3) Eckankar is not belief-based but realisation-based. so u know if it's true for yourself

4) I am no longer confused by society to become debilitated. I feel in some areas, i am above it for i could see the crowd psychology of fearful humans

5) I felt my life was degenerating cyclically into deeper depression mode until i found Eckankar. After Eckankar, my mind becomes freer and lighter... better and better.

TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ECKANKAR, GO TO WWW.ECKANKAR.ORG

i have experienced the Love of God amony other virtues. Check out No. 1

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Thank you for sharing but you have not given instances of how God has revealed to you?? Thats what I wish to hear.]

Psalm23 writes:

I want to be honest with you, especially when we are sharing the Gospel of Jesus because God hates liars.

I don't want to pretend that I have seen God and God has appeared to me as a white light, or I have at dream that God spoke to me and so on... I don't have such experiences.

Our God is God of Revelation. We can relate almost every current world event to what is mentioned in the Bible. More importantly, God has revealed to me my wicked heart, my sinful nature and every word that He speaks in the Bible is like sharp knife cutting into my flesh. It's true - unless God forgives us, there is no way we can face God with our current depraved state. God is just and so He must punish sin just like a just judge like cannot overlook a crime, He too cannot overlook sin. Can you honestly answer this question: Let's assume there is a God (and for me as Christian, I believe there is definitely a God and Jesus is our God), do you sincerely think you can stand before Him?

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm asking for your personal account of encounter with God. Do u hv any to share??

I did perceive the Love, humility, Strength and Power of the gods which is extraordinary. Imagine experiencing and understanding what is it like to have tougness and discipline that's millions times more than yours. most of my religion brothers saw the gods visually, for me, i felt the attributes of the gods though i couldnt see them.

The gods has God consciousness and that means also they are a direct representation of God cos they r gods. Either their Will is the same as God becos they have the Love of God. If u want to meet God Himself, u got to Soul Travel to the high end of the heavenly worlds and that would mean that u r ready to become god too. You can still know God through the ECK Masters cos the Masters carry with them the God consciousness.

Through them, i know what God is like at least and it is not self delusion through arrogance. i used to think that becoming enlightened means i would change completely... if that is so, likely it's becos u have gone crazy. lol, in reality the gods help me to expand or make it better my good sides so i dont really feel different from my old self but just feel much better and freer.

Last edited:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did perceive the Love, humility, Strength and Power of the gods which is extraordinary. Imagine experiencing and understanding what is it like to have tougness and discipline that's millions times more than yours. most of my religion brothers saw the gods visually, for me, i felt the attributes of the gods though i couldnt see them.

The gods has God consciousness and that means also they are a direct representation of God cos they r gods. Either their Will is the same as God becos they have the Love of God. If u want to meet God Himself, u got to Soul Travel to the high end of the heavenly worlds and that would mean that u r ready to become god too. You can still know God through the ECK Masters cos the Masters carry with them the God consciousness.

Through them, i know what God is like at least and it is not self delusion through arrogance. i used to think that becoming enlightened means i would change completely... if that is so, likely it's becos u have gone crazy. lol, in reality the gods help me to expand or make it better my good sides so i dont really feel different from my old self but just feel much better and freer.

Sorry but everything u mentioned is purely your own perception and self-delusion. Why do you trust the so called ECK masters? I can't detect any of your personal experiences that can convince me in any way.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but everything u mentioned is purely your own perception and self-delusion. Why do you trust the so called ECK masters? I can't detect any of your personal experiences that can convince me in any way.

I encounter God every minute of my life from the time I woke up until I go to bed each day. God is around everywhere, if only you bother to go and discover. This is my greatest experience of God's presence and His love.

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal

true or self-delusion is not for u to judge. one thing i can judge is that u know nothing about what i say or experienced

well, if u just sit there and wait for something to happen, u might have to wait for very very long, god knows how long. i am not here to convince u, i got money to get is it if i did? :oIo:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i need kulagi to define true religion...

1. a God that manifest itself physically, displaying all its attributes?
2. a concept like buddhism?
3. a scientific proven religion?
4. just a spiritual journey religion?

Christianity I think in your sense does not qualify as a true religion because the miracles could not be duplicated and God will not show itself to you

Buddhism cannot be one because no one has come back from nirvana and tells you so

hinduism and others I am not familiar with their tenents of faith.

so in terms of christianity and buddhism, they do not qualify as true religion as your per se standards....

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. a God that manifest itself physically, displaying all its attributes?
2. a concept like buddhism?
3. a scientific proven religion?
4. just a spiritual journey religion?

Christianity I think in your sense does not qualify as a true religion because the miracles could not be duplicated and God will not show itself to you

Buddhism cannot be one because no one has come back from nirvana and tells you so

hinduism and others I am not familiar with their tenents of faith.

so in terms of christianity and buddhism, they do not qualify as true religion as your per se standards....

All I'm asking for is personal accounts of why you're convinced there a God. It doesnt matter whether you're christian, buddhist, muslim, etc. Whether or not God should be manifested physically is not for me to decide. I'm only interested to know why you're so convinced by you own religion.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
true or self-delusion is not for u to judge. one thing i can judge is that u know nothing about what i say or experienced

well, if u just sit there and wait for something to happen, u might have to wait for very very long, god knows how long. i am not here to convince u, i got money to get is it if i did? :oIo:

of cos i dun understand what ur babbling about. u mean the other forummers understand?? lol. I'm inviting every1 to declare their personal experiences that convinced them of their religion. if ur not here to do tat, then why are u here??

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos i dun understand what ur babbling about. u mean the other forummers understand?? lol. I'm inviting every1 to declare their personal experiences that convinced them of their religion. if ur not here to do tat, then why are u here??

omg, r u lost for words? why am i here? maybe i should ask u what was it that u want to know?

when a spirit comes near u, u may or may not see it. u may or may not feel it. u know what it is when u experience IT for yourself than listening to someone's hearsay. :cool:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg, r u lost for words? why am i here? maybe i should ask u what was it that u want to know?
when a spirit comes near u, u may or may not see it. u may or may not feel it. u know what it is when u experience IT for yourself than listening to someone's hearsay. :cool:
Yup, u're certainly lost for words. If u still dun understand what it is I wanna know after all my posts then i think u hv some serious comprehension problem..

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, u're certainly lost for words. If u still dun understand what it is I wanna know after all my posts then i think u hv some serious comprehension problem..

haha, u r degrading our discussion into a tit-for-tat personal attacks which is definitely not my reason for being here. btw, i know exactly what u r saying, do u mine? :wink:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, u r degrading our discussion into a tit-for-tat personal attacks which is definitely not my reason for being here. btw, i know exactly what u r saying, do u mine? :wink:

Stop being delusionary again. Can u point out in wat way i adopted a tit-for-tat attack on u??

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok,,,,,, my belief....is there a greater being? probably so.... personal experience, I escaped death a couple of times, maybe have scientific explanation, and maybe luck and maybe someone watching over me....

i believe in doing good because humans are beasically decent, whether karma or not, does not matter anymore,,,,,

a god or gods.... i prefer ther are superior beings that watches over us,,, that will help the unexplainables sometimes,,,,,,

doesn't explains much do i.... thats i think the best i can do at the current state of mind

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok,,,,,, my belief....is there a greater being? probably so.... personal experience, I escaped death a couple of times, maybe have scientific explanation, and maybe luck and maybe someone watching over me....
i believe in doing good because humans are beasically decent, whether karma or not, does not matter anymore,,,,,
a god or gods.... i prefer ther are superior beings that watches over us,,, that will help the unexplainables sometimes,,,,,,
doesn't explains much do i.... thats i think the best i can do at the current state of mind

Tks fr sharing. Not to discredit u but this is exactly wat happens to almost everyone else. Buddhist, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, you name it. The inner feeling that there is a superior being, unexplained incidents,etc. On the other hand, it cld also be that luck played a part, mere coincidences, our own imagination. I'm not saying that there's no God/gods, just that there are 2 sides to the coin. Nothing absolutely convincing so far. There were also times when I prayed to God for assistance and my prayers seem to be answered. Other times, nothing happened. So, why is God so subtle? Why dosent God give us a more convincing experience so that we can be absolutely sure of his presence. I know this is an age old debate that will never have a conclusion. For this reason, there are thousands of religions in the world.

mathewho

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes it is true that is how christianity believed if you are interested in christian do believe in him and study his name in the bible.that easy! :smile:

tharpa

<snip>

<snip>

Commoner, you don't seem to know much about Buddhism. After attaining nirvana (nibbana), the Buddha told tens of thousands of people about it before his parinibbana (~ his death) 45 years later.

In those 45 years, thousands of people attained nibbana, and many of them told others. However, the Buddha did at one point establish a rule that from then on, no monk or nun should tell a householder (layperson) that (s)he had attained nibbana. But after the death of an enlightened monk or nun, there is no rule that another monk or nun cannot tell householders that the deceased monk had attained nibbana.