• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is there a true religion?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What u know of Truth? Nothing cos yours is a belief

A belief that is centred on the Resurrection of Christ, which gave rise to questions of why He need to come to earth.

And an invitation to you to disprove the Resurrection.

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
have i ever said that resurrection is a fallacy? So why do i need to disprove?

whatever Jesus did has nothing to do with you. He cant help u avoid yr responsibility with yr sin or karma.

We all resurrect in another lighter inner or astral body as seen in movies. We are all children of God. Jesus is wiser than most of humans in his times but he doesnt have any exclusive rights to God

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus and other great and greater Souls come down to Earth to save our sorry asses from your self deluded superstitions

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no point in continuing this conversation

thank you for reinforcing the idea that it's not logical to defeat those positions of beliefs with even flawless logic and as you said... irreconciliable :biggrin:

hmmmmm...... what if u r those evangelists that hope to milk the blood of others' foolishness...

foomt117

Alfrescian
Loyal
my religion is Eckankar, The Light and sound of God. Previously, it was called Ancient Science of Soul Travel.

Here's why i believes that it is the truest of all religions:

1) In ECKANKAR, there are always enlightened leaders in charge and they can stay in the physical body for as long as it's required. Eg one is 600yrs old and another is 3000 yrs old and others r even more. These spiritual masters that are guiding you have the Wisdom of God and they know everything about you more than yourself. They are not mere humans who yield easily to the 5 passions of the mind. Despite their infinite powers, they are humble and does not seek to control you in any way. They only accept you for who you are and doesnt seek to be your authoritories. They only wish you would stand with them as equal.

I am experienced the Love of the ECK masters, love that i am not capable of imagination. The love and virtues of the masters is absolute aka pure and unconditional.

2) Eckankar show you the way to Heaven in this lifetime, not after you die. This ability doesnt belong to just the leaders, some of the ordinary members including in singapore has it.

3) Eckankar is not belief-based but realisation-based. so u know if it's true for yourself

4) I am no longer confused by society to become debilitated. I feel in some areas, i am above it for i could see the crowd psychology of fearful humans

5) I felt my life was degenerating cyclically into deeper depression mode until i found Eckankar. After Eckankar, my mind becomes freer and lighter... better and better.

TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ECKANKAR, GO TO WWW.ECKANKAR.ORG

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought so...and I cant agree with him more.

I think you did not read my post carefully.

I said that some of his words are absolutist in nature, of the form like 'Thou shalt have no other gods before Me'. It is of the form that it is either this or that, black or white, with no shades of gray.

As for the basis of your statement which lies in a belief that Christ is equivalent to a prophet and no more, there is no point in discussing that since that has been the subject of much discussion in two different worlds. It is also beyond my capability to give a treatise on that.

Speaking as a layman, it is enough to say that Christ did not consider himself as a prophet. A prophet will never claim that he and God is one. Neither do angels announce the birth of a prophet. And there is no salvation in the name of a prophet. Demons do not tremble over a prophet. And Satan himself will not bargain with a prophet. Also there is no recorded event of a prophet being resurrected. And no prophet has been able to command legions of angels. Prophets also cannot bridge the gap between Man and God. Prophets are not authorized to judge Man for heaven or hell.

Only the Messiah can.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
where did Jesus say

Thou shalt have no other gods before Me

Speaking as a layman, it is enough to say that Christ did not consider himself as a prophet. Mark 6:4

Also there is no recorded event of a prophet being resurrected. Did the disciples see Elijah and Moss and Jesus at the Mount of TRansfiguration?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I said that some of his words are absolutist in nature, of the form like 'Thou shalt have no other gods before Me'. It is of the form that it is either this or that, black or white, with no shades of gray.

Speaking as a layman, it is enough to say that Christ did not consider himself as a prophet. A prophet will never claim that he and God is one. Neither do angels announce the birth of a prophet. And there is no salvation in the name of a prophet. Demons do not tremble over a prophet. And Satan himself will not bargain with a prophet. Also there is no recorded event of a prophet being resurrected. And no prophet has been able to command legions of angels. Prophets also cannot bridge the gap between Man and God. Prophets are not authorized to judge Man for heaven or hell.

Correct! Either black or white! Man or God! So if Jesus is God, should he not utter it? Like how the O/T God uttered. Not in parables or beat about the bush.

Precisely! As a laymen, let me repeat again that God Almighty i.e.Jesus (according to ur understanding) would have utter simple works like "GOD IS ONE! WORSHIP NO OTHER GOD EXCEPT ME, JESUS! BOW TO ME!
But I never come across such command by jesus.
Now, when Jesus said he and God is one, what he meant is he and GOD Almighty is ONE IN PURPOSE! That is to follow God's commandment thru his messenger, Jesus. Proof is in the pudding, mate. :biggrin:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct! Either black or white! Man or God! So if Jesus is God, should he not utter it? Like how the O/T God uttered. Not in parables or beat about the bush.

Precisely! As a laymen, let me repeat again that God Almighty i.e.Jesus (according to ur understanding) would have utter simple works like "GOD IS ONE! WORSHIP NO OTHER GOD EXCEPT ME, JESUS! BOW TO ME!
Now, when Jesus said he and God is one, what he meant is he and GOD Almighty is ONE IN PURPOSE! That is to follow God's commandment thru his messenger, Jesus. Proof is in the pudding, mate. :biggrin:

In Philippians 2:9-11, it was written that a day will come when all the habitants (men, angels, devils) will acknowledge that Jesus' name is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and that every tongue shall confess that that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

It's very clear that these verses recognize the diety of Jesus as God otherwise why would all creatures bow down to Him?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal

(1) Jesus had not and will never say such words: "GOD IS ONE! WORSHIP NO OTHER GOD EXCEPT ME, JESUS! BOW TO ME!"
These type of words are from those who believe that God cannot exist in multiple forms.

For example, if Christ is God, then whilst he was here on earth, who is ruling heaven?

(2) Jesus always said that He and the Father are One.
Your opinion is that Jesus and the Father are One in Purpose. But that is your interpretation. That is not Jesus' interpretation. Nor was that the Jews. And they should know.

John 5:18 : For this reason the Jews tried all the hearder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

(3) I am sure that the proof is in the pudding but first let's be clear what the pudding is.
This thread is about searching for the true religion.

Whatever your values you apply on christianity, you must also objectively apply on your own religion. For example, some believe in fairy tales, then they must also apply the same fairy tale structure to all.

In your case, it is not fairy tales but apologetics in defense of your own religion. At least one religion forbid its followers to question their tenets. If that is true for you too, then you will be obligated to make christianity into the your religion's image. You must be aware of this limitation you set on yourself.

In conclusion for those who really want to search for the true religion, they must must apply the same sort of values objectively across all religions. Only then is there a common ground to make your decision.

Last edited:

Nagato Yuki

Haruhiism - Haruhi Suzumiya has gained the ability to subconsciously alter reality. Most people don't realise that this is the case, but those who do (including aliens, time travellers and espers) take an interest in her development.

People who take an interest have widely different views on what her powers actually are. There is no scripture or book, but since her powers alter reality, even beyond known physical laws and even mathematical logic, no one can actually be sure.

Even then the majority has reached a consensus on how to deal with her has been reached - to keep status quo. To let her remain ignorant about her powers, and keeping her entertained and happy. This prevents her from thinking about bad stuff, which has reprecussions on reality.

However, a minority fringe group thinks that it's much more interesting to provoke a much bigger response from her by telling her the truth...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haruhiism - Haruhi Suzumiya has gained the ability to subconsciously alter reality. Most people don't realise that this is the case, but those who do (including aliens, time travellers and espers) take an interest in her development.

People who take an interest have widely different views on what her powers actually are. There is no scripture or book, but since her powers alter reality, even beyond known physical laws and even mathematical logic, no one can actually be sure.

Even then the majority has reached a consensus on how to deal with her has been reached - to keep status quo. To let her remain ignorant about her powers, and keeping her entertained and happy. This prevents her from thinking about bad stuff, which has reprecussions on reality.

However, a minority fringe group thinks that it's much more interesting to provoke a much bigger response from her by telling her the truth...

???? The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_melancholy_of_haruhi_suzumiya

I like Mikuru, big breast wahahahahahah

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny thing is, everybody says they are afriad of God, (Please dont quote which God - Based on your belief) but then again, they commit sin or crime, then asking God for forgiveness and the cycles repeat itself again.

Lee Kuan Yew is not God, the moment he start to threaten, why are we suddenly so afriad of him? To that extend, everybody like you and me turn into obedient dog.

amk573

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, religion is to guide you in life but not to teach you how to live your life. You are still fully responsible for whatever action/decision that you make and be totally answerable to it. :smile:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread was started with the hope that some might come forth to share their personal experiences which convinced them that their religion is the real deal and not just beliefs. Till now, other than the usual mudslinging, no 1 has come forth. So, nobody personally experienced God?? hmmm......