• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is singapore the only country to push retirement age to 70?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u.s. retirement age is until one dies.
1641943435460.jpeg

1641943501229.jpeg

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually true we should not retire but continue to work within our limits and with a more 'balanced' lifestyle is best. My father in law had many properties and land and quite rich with many provision shops, printing company etc..

One day he decided to retire. After few years 'shake legs' at home. He became dementia and died. The Dr said his mind was too bz and then sudden stop all challenging activities is bad.

He should have gone for golf or travel or mix around with friends etc... He helped me a lot too whenever my business was bad and he sees me not very happy he'll ask me aside. <3 .... :(

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually true we should not retire but continue to work within our limits and with a more 'balanced' lifestyle is best. My father in law had many properties and land and quite rich with many provision shops, printing company etc..

One day he decided to retire. After few years 'shake legs' at home. He became dementia and died. The Dr said his mind was too bz and then sudden stop all challenging activities is bad.

He should have gone for golf or travel or mix around with friends etc... He helped me a lot too whenever my business was bad and he sees me not very happy he'll ask me aside. <3 .... :(
he should have collected cardboards too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singaporeans have excellent life expectancy thanks to the PAP and it is therefore perfectly logical to have a higher retirement age compared to countries where many drop dead while still relatively young.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very strange. If u want to retire, just retire. If u want to work, just work.

Why do u need a govt to tell you what age you should retired? Are u a robot that need to be programmed to work or not to work?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very strange. If u want to retire, just retire. If u want to work, just work.

Why do u need a govt to tell you what age you should retired? Are u a robot that need to be programmed to work or not to work?
Indeed verlee strange. The onlee leeson my uncle see now is from 1 of his leelative who leetired at 52 and got labelled by all other leelatives for being lazy .

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old ppl that are rich only a handful,many still work cos no money,there is many things to do when old n retired with money,those choose to work cos no money to survive ,many are stuck with exp pigeon hole when they use cpf to buy,that why the clowns come out with sell.lease scheme ,etc,this is a failure policy ,Down the road 20 years ,the real.impacr is there ,everyone will open their eyes to realise, no company will keep old farts in company ,my personal.opinions

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hv seen with my own eyes those reach or almost reach 60,they will roll out retirement, n then I know that retrench package not taxed,but retirement package will be tax ,its a hefty 10 plus percent,its a joke, clowns are bluffing abt the retirement age, its telling retirement guys to make way for foreigners ,PRs, n our guys will take up cleaners,security guards ,n grab delivery or grab drivers but those with housing loans n big commitment will hv problem, n Don depend on pigeons holes whether it is hdb,condo,etc,to earn ,will be down to nothing but those that bought cheap hdb fully paid ,will hv a less stressful life if they take up low paying jobs,but medishield is the killing part when old ,sad but that wat 61% wants

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these talk about retirement at what age by these pappy is a joke .
The reality is somewhat different as by their forties ,many locals would have been retrenched and replace by foreign "talents" and forced to look for a second "career" as cab drivers, grab delivery, security guards, cleaners ect2.
The push to retire later is so that you will not become a burden to PAP as they need these monies to invest overseas or save sinking companies like SIA, NOL. ect2
Its Ok for Temasek to lose billions and ministers, mp's paid highest in the world whilst peasants carry cardboards for exercise .