• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is iWork a viable alternative to MS Office????

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/Digital/Features/Story/A1Story20080902-85486.html

it can't b installed on xp or vista.....however u can read the document u created with iwork on ms word.......

in terms of presentation, i feel its more funky. as most people have been using ms office for some time, they would find the transition to using iwork not as user friendly.
eg, if you have been a nokia user for some time and you start using another brand, you might think that its not user friendly. It goes along this line.

if its me, i would not use iwork. because ms office is able to do what i can for me. i terms of licensing fees, there is a ms office edition for macs and i took the ms office option rather than iwork for my macbook.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
in terms of presentation, i feel its more funky. as most people have been using ms office for some time, they would find the transition to using iwork not as user friendly.
eg, if you have been a nokia user for some time and you start using another brand, you might think that its not user friendly. It goes along this line.

if its me, i would not use iwork. because ms office is able to do what i can for me. i terms of licensing fees, there is a ms office edition for macs and i took the ms office option rather than iwork for my macbook.

iWork works with Apple laptops and desktops. If you're using a PC, then I see no point. But if you have a Mac or Macbook, by all means, get one- especially if you want to create a slideshow that's more funky- like the major Steve Jobs presentations you see 3-4 times a year. Still MS office for the PC or Mac is the default, especially for work offices.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
iWork works with Apple laptops and desktops. If you're using a PC, then I see no point. But if you have a Mac or Macbook, by all means, get one- especially if you want to create a slideshow that's more funky- like the major Steve Jobs presentations you see 3-4 times a year. Still MS office for the PC or Mac is the default, especially for work offices.

Contrary to popular myths and PAP logic, Creating good presentations depends on Creativity and Content, not software.

Btw there is also an openSource software, free for personal use called open office.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep... I am using it. But the Macro from the Excel can run effectively in OpenOffice.

But, hey, WTF, it is free, no need to complain. I think I will learn the new programming language in OpenOffice, Office Basic ??

Contrary to popular myths and PAP logic, Creating good presentations depends on Creativity and Content, not software.

Btw there is also an openSource software, free for personal use called open office.