• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it really ideal that a GE candidate must be a grad?

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
does a graduate make a better person to begin with? most white collar crimes are committed by such high educated people and many with good connections get away scots free or with minimal punishment.

GE should comprise of lay people - your average joe who knows more about the ground level problems and perhaps have the appropriate and more practical answers to the woes.

many non-grads or even school dropouts are now millionaires on their own making. they didn't ve much gov aids unlike brainy grads who only know how to leech on such funds and then still ended up as total failures or criminals.

shouldn't such views be changed?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
does a graduate make a better person to begin with? most white collar crimes are committed by such high educated people and many with good connections get away scots free or with minimal punishment.

GE should comprise of lay people - your average joe who knows more about the ground level problems and perhaps have the appropriate and more practical answers to the woes.

many non-grads or even school dropouts are now millionaires on their own making. they didn't ve much gov aids unlike brainy grads who only know how to leech on such funds and then still ended up as total failures or criminals.

shouldn't such views be changed?

if the candidate is a very successful person without a degree, maybe :oIo:

use your brain lah :oIo:

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
because the opp parties are funding candidates who only qualify if he/she is a grad. they should approach those who are successful. maybe their parties would get funded instead.

the criteria most vital should be the candidate must be self-sacrificing and sincere to really better the lives for the voters and speak up against lame policies in parliament.

the biggest mistake of paps is very obvious. many of their mps speak for the gov instead of for the voters. hence voters get betrayed and cost of living goes up. example would be the public transport. their annual profit/loss account tells a different story when they reason that they need to increase the monopolised fares.

gov not only approves it but try to convince and con the voters to gladly accept it. if this is the case, what's the use of having mps in so many wards?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be hoodwinked by the PAP. Many of their MPs are single degree holders in areas of study that is far from related to their field of coverage as MPs and even Ministers.

The calibre of the PAP has dropped ridiculously since the last two GEs. Youjust have to look at the batch of current ministers and you can tell many are like fish out of water based on their areas of study and their coverage.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
credential and capability are more important.... richie branson and billy gates aint grads but they are capable and successful

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
neal-caffrey-promo-pic.jpg

I am also a white collar..conman

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has proven through the private sector that qualification is irrelevant to one's leadership. In fact, it is in Singapore market that you see Graduates being employed by non-graduates who are the bosses.

Does Bill Gate have a degree? Does Sim Wong Hoo have a degree? Through my experience, the higher the degree a person has the less he can contribute to the society. He will be too engaged with telling people how things should work and not bother with dealing in reality.

It is only in the ruling party's narrow mind set that a good education is a must to run the country. Their true capability can only be seen when dealing with crisis such as flood, Economy melt down, etc. I mean who in their right mind would consider a wait of 14 days before approving the release of reserve a good justification for consideration of its release?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They may not be grads .... but they have to speak well ..... this is the basic !!:o

I want to vote for a 69-y.o. gamester and connoiseur of fine liquor and women. Siow Fei and Siow Tien go up rally stage to present garlands, hugs and kisses...all the way! :biggrin:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to vote for a 69-y.o. gamester and connoiseur of fine liquor and fine ladies. Siow Fei and Siow Tien go up rally stage to present garlands, hugs and kisses...all the way! :biggrin:

Oi .... you don't bluff bluff portray yourself as a goody 2 shoe hor !! :mad:

.... just because you are also one of the up-coming opposition candidte !!!:eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oi .... you don't bluff bluff portray yourself as a goody 2 shoe hor !! :mad:

.... just because you are also one of the up-coming opposition candidte !!!:eek:

From my old police and NTUC days, ISD had my dossier 3 inches thick, now converted to hard disk 5 gig. If I stand and they dig, I really have to run road to Thailand. You stand lah! GMS says you can win old folks' votes.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my old police and NTUC days, ISD had my dossier 3 inches thick, now converted to hard disk 5 gig. If I stand and they dig, I really have to run road to Thailand. You stand lah! GMS says you can win old folks' votes.

Give the man a tiger !!!:biggrin::eek::biggrin:

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like non-graduate Abdul Malik who cheated his clients as Property Agents?

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
my cousin soon juan speaks very well. he's very charismatic. everytime he speaks, i see stars. for most voters, they see saturn, jupiter and even mars! very surprisingly, he's still not voted as an mp. cos if he were, then his foreign income would be cut off.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
alex tan, the new kid gungho political wannbe although not a proficient confident speaker is quite a good material to be moulded. too bad, heard that he's out of the race probably cannot stand the heat of the kitchen.