• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is incest common in china

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China population statistics not accurate! In some village, the people told me tat women is actually outnumbered the guys as they will keep giving birth until a baby boy come! Plus many women do not have passport or even ID so they are not recorded inside china population statistics!
Are you saying there are more than 1.4 bilion chinese? Goodness gracious me!

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you saying there are more than 1.4 bilion chinese? Goodness gracious me!
1.4b is also roughly estimate! Who will know the actual figures? Only God! Shld be! There are people tat do not have passport or ID! Some is when they grow up and earn enough money then use money to make ID and passport! Money can settle almost everything in China!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
China Chinese use to have a lot of wives especially for the rich! Incest bound to have but at a lower rate than m&ds & moslem! Chinese don't marry 6 yr old gal! Plus Chinese

A tongyangxi marriage certificate from the Ming dynasty (1588)
Tongyangxi (traditional Chinese: 童養媳; simplified Chinese: 童养媳; pinyin: tóngyǎngxí), also known as Shim-pua marriage in Min Nan dialects (Chinese: 媳婦仔; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: sin-pū-á or sim-pū-á; and in phonetic Hokkien transcription using Chinese characters: 新婦仔), was a tradition of arranged marriage dating back to pre-modern China, in which a family would adopt a pre-adolescent daughter as a future bride for one of their pre-adolescent (usually infant) sons, and the children would be raised together.[1][2]
A direct translation of the Taiwanese (Hokkien) word "sim-pu-a" is "little daughter-in-law", in which the characters "sim-pu" (traditional Chinese: 媳婦; simplified Chinese: 媳妇; pinyin: xífù) mean daughter-in-law and the particle character "a" (Chinese: 阿; pinyin: ā or Chinese: 仔; pinyin: ; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: á) indicates a diminutive. The similarly used Mandarin Chinese term "tongyangxi" (traditional Chinese: 童養媳; simplified Chinese: 童养媳) means literally "child (童) raised (養) daughter-in-law (媳)" and is the term typically used as translation for the English term "child bride".

Contents

Social anthropology perspectiveEdit

Within social anthropology research of Chinese marriage, shim-pua marriage is referred to as a "minor marriage" because the daughter-in-law joins her future husband's household when both are minors, in contrast to Chinese major marriage, in which the bride joins her husband's household on the day of the wedding.[3] The shim-pua daughter was often adopted into a family who already had a son to whom she would be betrothed, though this was not always the case. Instead, some families adopted a shim-pua daughter prior to having a son, prompted by a traditional belief that adopting a shim-pua would enhance a wife's likelihood of bearing a son.[4] Although the shim-pua daughter joins the household as a child, the marriage would only occur after both had reached puberty. Depending upon the family's socioeconomic status and financial means, the wedding could range from a large banquet on par with a major marriage to a small family ceremony, or in the simplest cases "a bow to the ancestors and a slight change in the family's sleeping arrangements."[5]
Shim-pua marriage occurred over a range of socioeconomic classes, but was particularly common among poor and rural families. Among the well to do, marrying a son in a major marriage was prestigious and a display of status, but also costly.[6] In poorer and more rural communities, shim-pua minor marriage was inexpensive and helped to ensure that no matter how poor a family was, their sons would have wives when they reached marrying age, and thus a greater likelihood of producing descendants.[7]

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal

A tongyangxi marriage certificate from the Ming dynasty (1588)
Tongyangxi (traditional Chinese: 童養媳; simplified Chinese: 童养媳; pinyin: tóngyǎngxí), also known as Shim-pua marriage in Min Nan dialects (Chinese: 媳婦仔; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: sin-pū-á or sim-pū-á; and in phonetic Hokkien transcription using Chinese characters: 新婦仔), was a tradition of arranged marriage dating back to pre-modern China, in which a family would adopt a pre-adolescent daughter as a future bride for one of their pre-adolescent (usually infant) sons, and the children would be raised together.[1][2]
A direct translation of the Taiwanese (Hokkien) word "sim-pu-a" is "little daughter-in-law", in which the characters "sim-pu" (traditional Chinese: 媳婦; simplified Chinese: 媳妇; pinyin: xífù) mean daughter-in-law and the particle character "a" (Chinese: 阿; pinyin: ā or Chinese: 仔; pinyin: ; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: á) indicates a diminutive. The similarly used Mandarin Chinese term "tongyangxi" (traditional Chinese: 童養媳; simplified Chinese: 童养媳) means literally "child (童) raised (養) daughter-in-law (媳)" and is the term typically used as translation for the English term "child bride".

Contents

Social anthropology perspectiveEdit

Within social anthropology research of Chinese marriage, shim-pua marriage is referred to as a "minor marriage" because the daughter-in-law joins her future husband's household when both are minors, in contrast to Chinese major marriage, in which the bride joins her husband's household on the day of the wedding.[3] The shim-pua daughter was often adopted into a family who already had a son to whom she would be betrothed, though this was not always the case. Instead, some families adopted a shim-pua daughter prior to having a son, prompted by a traditional belief that adopting a shim-pua would enhance a wife's likelihood of bearing a son.[4] Although the shim-pua daughter joins the household as a child, the marriage would only occur after both had reached puberty. Depending upon the family's socioeconomic status and financial means, the wedding could range from a large banquet on par with a major marriage to a small family ceremony, or in the simplest cases "a bow to the ancestors and a slight change in the family's sleeping arrangements."[5]
Shim-pua marriage occurred over a range of socioeconomic classes, but was particularly common among poor and rural families. Among the well to do, marrying a son in a major marriage was prestigious and a display of status, but also costly.[6] In poorer and more rural communities, shim-pua minor marriage was inexpensive and helped to ensure that no matter how poor a family was, their sons would have wives when they reached marrying age, and thus a greater likelihood of producing descendants.[7]
Although the shim-pua daughter joins the household as a child, the marriage would only occur after both had reached puberty.

Please don't put so lengthy words and people might miss out! U don't understand the above statement? Marriage only occur after both had reached puberty? So is 6 Yr old?

Well, now I still hear and know some cases where some rich guy go and Vietnam or Cambodia and buy underage gal and once she reach adult age, he will would marry her! This will be highly likely married a virgin gal!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ay bang, why don't you go China and find out yourself and come back tell us ? You talk so much cock and are so in denial.
Let me ask you, how many m&ds are in IT industry ? I've been in IT for decades and never came across a senior IT professional in my life.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
China population statistics not accurate! In some village, the people told me tat women is actually outnumbered the guys as they will keep giving birth until a baby boy come! Plus many women do not have passport or even ID so they are not recorded inside china population statistics!

Yup I know some china PR or New-citizen couples do that in Singapore too. many girls, try until got boy.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ay bang, why don't you go China and find out yourself and come back tell us ? You talk so much cock and are so in denial.
Let me ask you, how many m&ds are in IT industry ? I've been in IT for decades and never came across a senior IT professional in my life.
Cannot speak mandarin how to work anywhere in IT?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China Chinese use to have a lot of wives especially for the rich! Incest bound to have but at a lower rate than m&ds & moslem! Chinese don't marry 6 yr old gal! Plus Chinese cousins did marry tgt and tat is not consider incest! I do saw some of their offspring is a scholar!

Yeah china population keep increasing and would be hell lot better than moslem! Chinese population has been slowed down! Chinese now at least know tat no money don't breed like rabbits!

I really love to reply to u. I have the answers. But u sound rather unhappy and combative behaviour. The topic is about incest. Why bring in 6 yr old? No need to be so defensive. I always said no one race is perfect. If u tink ur cheena race is perfect, then so be it. If tat makes ur day.

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really love to reply to u. I have the answers. But u sound rather unhappy and combative behaviour. The topic is about incest. Why bring in 6 yr old? No need to be so defensive. I always said no one race is perfect. If u tink ur cheena race is perfect, then so be it. If tat makes ur day.
Ya I did mention incest bound to have given the fact of 1.4b population probability! I'm very sure China Chinese do not marry 6 Yr old and maybe tat case will have in the outermost west of China! Most probably is not han!

I wasn't unhappy! I like to debate in forums! People has their own view and in forum we can express ourselves freely! I did not mean tat Chinese is perfect! There is no perfection in the world! But I know if I'm wrong, I will take criticism and improve and move on!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya I did mention incest bound to have given the fact of 1.4b population probability! I'm very sure China Chinese do not marry 6 Yr old and maybe tat case will have in the outermost west of China! Most probably is not han!

I wasn't unhappy! I like to debate in forums! People has their own view and in forum we can express ourselves freely! I did not mean tat Chinese is perfect! There is no perfection in the world! But I know if I'm wrong, I will take criticism and improve and move on!

I guess high percentage are muslim chinks. Incest is halal, pork is haram.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
disgusting chinks will kill themselves in the end.

We are going to be very entertained next 10-20 years watching and laughing at the PRCs. Who needs Hollywood movies when we have the PRCs?

chinese-facts-genius-yes-but-china-is-100-incest-1-china-48230531.png

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marrying at age of 9 during 1400yrs ago maybe customary. Rem. Else why those days no one seems to bother? Remember. The Prophet did not ask for the marriage. Of course nowadays is not being encourage in this modern time 21st century. Why u so confident not even a single Han/cheena marry or incest with their daughters at young age? Hello, 1.5 billion. And media is heavily controlled/monitored by chicom authority. Outside world practically received zero news/info!

Agree. So teres no need to compare between races. Both equally imperfect.

As for the word "move on"....i dont think u do. Several times i saw ur post. Keep repeating Muslims these and tat. Keep repeating the same issue/topic even after explaining to u. I mean u want an explanation, i already provide u. So just move on to another topic. Cos if u keep sticking to the same question, then i am actually wasting my time, searcing for info just to reply to ur post. Just like topic of "aisha", may Allah be pleased with her. Why the Prophet marry her. I had already answered. Yet u still ridicule Islam. Seems like u not sincere in discussion. Tio boh?