• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Instant Noodles - what's your fav ingredients

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
People say I lucky live here have many different flavours of very spicy MAMA

However my favourite is still the MYOJO, since young. So what do I put inside? I'll add golden brown fried shallots with the oil + a dash of light soya sauce and sesame oil all three in a bowl, then will remove noodles from the soup and mix in the bowl and eat dry and the soup separately.

a9e70e19902d74ea644ff6aa074f662f.jpg

my favourite. Cooked in pot & stirred, not just add boiling water.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Way, I'm surprised so many healthy eaters here. I don't eat often as well, usually only when I'm lazy to eat out .. Maybe three times a month..that's why It better be delicious each time I prepare.

Many Sporeans are now older & have health problems so they have to be careful about what they eat.
Those instant noodles are unhealthy because of the high amounts of sodium, msg, & many other additives.

If you have to eat them the Koka brand might be a better choice because it does not include msg & is manufactured in Spore where there is some standard. Unlike those from China.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Can't help posting this corny joke -

Anwar's favourite instant noodle is?

SODOMEE!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my favourite instant noodles are those korean kimchi flavour and of course not forgetting tom yam bee hoon pack...:o

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a student and lived alone for some years, survived on instant noodles. Added whatever was in my fridge, Spring Onions, salted shrimp, ikan bilis, ground beef, wieners, eggs, soy sauce, oyster sauce. One fellow student once said "Don't know whether to love it or hate it, have it almost everyday, won't survive without it." Apart from these packet noodles which I normally do not add the msg/seasoning, I had with me an oven/toaster which I got quite good at for one-person meals and perfected my tin-foil chicken quarter with potatoes and carrots. Coming back to the instant noodles, some of the Korean made ones were quite innovative in the add-ons with assortment of packets for seasoning and garnishes.

Cheers!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
. Coming back to the instant noodles, some of the Korean made ones were quite innovative in the add-ons with assortment of packets for seasoning and garnishes.

Cheers!

Yeah, the garnishes got better these days if you are willing to pay.

When i was in army, i came across taiwanese beef bowl instant noodles. I went nuts, real beef chunks for those $2-3 bowls in taiwan but of course, they were preserved. Then in china, i tried some instant noodles come with a small pink slime hot-dog (unhealthy but worth trying once).

After a big round with all these fancy noodles, i realized i still love the old myojo chicken noodle with egg, cooked in pot*.

*wifey added hot water n cook in microwave, it tasted horrible.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, the garnishes got better these days if you are willing to pay.

When i was in army, i came across taiwanese beef bowl instant noodles. I went nuts, real beef chunks for those $2-3 bowls in taiwan but of course, they were preserved. Then in china, i tried some instant noodles come with a small pink slime hot-dog (unhealthy but worth trying once).

After a big round with all these fancy noodles, i realized i still love the old myojo chicken noodle with egg, cooked in pot*.

*wifey added hot water n cook in microwave, it tasted horrible.

cha bor can't cook instant noodles. :rolleyes: :p taste weird. Just couldn't get it right.