• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Insensitive xtian paster ridicule buddhism, you call this religious harmony?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Sneer

Fundamentally all religions disagree, its how you disagree without putting other religions down ? I mean soon enough we will have buddhists monks putting up you tube excerpts of them asking xtians why they left the xtian faith and ditto the Muslims as well

Locke

Yes, religions disagree. But not in the way this Pastor does it. He calls Buddhism "a false religion", reincarnation "preposterous", "Demonic powers" putting ideas in Tibetan monks. Overall, he mocked and made fun of Buddhism.

It is a shameful act from a so-called Pastor.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I feel like JBJ when he announced in 1988 ' I have in my hand a police report...'

I have just highlighted this thread to The Online Citizen.

Hopefully, like the Sembawang Homeless Story leading to the discovery of empty HDB SERS flats expose, that appropriate action will be meted out to this Pester Rony Tan.

A couple have been jailed/fined for distributing offensive literature - what more this Youtube video distribution is no less offensive 7 seditious !

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I feel like JBJ when he announced in 1988 ' I have in my hand a police report...'

I have just highlighted this thread to The Online Citizen.

Hopefully, like the Sembawang Homeless Story leading to the discovery of empty HDB SERS flats expose, that appropriate action will be meted out to this Pester Rony Tan.

A couple have been jailed/fined for distributing offensive literature - what more this Youtube video distribution is no less offensive 7 seditious !

Someone has to make a police report before the police takes action.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With apologies, sidetracking a bit. If you recall the chain of events in Dec. 96 to Jan. 97 (not 88), Tang Liang Hong asked for it. He was the first to threaten to sue, "they call me a Chinese chauvinist, if they don't apologise, we'll sue." Good electioneering crowd pleasing and rousing rhetorics. Of course, LKY won't apologise, but TLH didn't sue; he made a police report (there's a difference between civil suit and criminal charge). Of course, LKY had to react with his full might.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With apologies, sidetracking a bit. If you recall the chain of events in Dec. 96 to Jan. 97 (not 88), Tang Liang Hong asked for it. He was the first to threaten to sue, "they call me a Chinese chauvinist, if they don't apologise, we'll sue." Good electioneering crowd pleasing and rousing rhetorics. Of course, LKY won't apologise, but TLH didn't sue; he made a police report (there's a difference between civil suit and criminal charge). Of course, LKY had to react with his full might.

Agree, Tang is one slimey joker.

But personally, to construe JBJ's simple act as legal DEFAMATION is a very far-fetched stretch of legal argument & layman's appreciation of natural justice ... my opinion.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw this video also reported in fuckwarezone forum & it runs for 57 pages in just a matter of a few days !

It seems someone has been alerted & the video has been removed form Youtube.

Izzit true ?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still in youtube what
U r right.

It seems only some replica Youtube link in the fuckwarezone thread the video taken down.

Still, it was also featured in STOMP Talkback.... so I guess publicity is sufficiently wide that the average netizen would be aware.

I suppose the authorities will use their channels to send a sombre warning in view of Lighthouse Evangelist Church's sizeable congregation (Top 4 amongst CHC/NCC/FCBC I think, 5-figure flock).

My take: Preach All you Want - but don't portray other religions negatively. Some argue it is in the privacy of their service. But must be a member of their congregation for the pastor himself who recorded the clip & post on Youtube. This act to bring it into cyberspace - all the private service defence gets thrown out.

Definitely contravene IRH spirit !

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of examining the discussing about the points raise, you guys turned all sensitives and start to whack Christianity like there is no tommorow...many people laughed, should you charged them for sedition too? people who talked about religious tolerance are not really tolerant at all...all in wolf in sheep's clothings...instead of arguing okay buddha chants you don't know what the fish you are chanting, you could also say speak in tongues you also donno what the fish they are mumblings? but no!! you guys wants to play let's bash the Christians game, how are you guys not different from those mats burning churches across the causeway? :biggrin:

Who here wants to be god?

there are some religions that say you could become one?

now why would you want to be one?

can you handle the power that you are going to acquire?

are you equipped to handle that? in terms of compassion and empathy?

or even deal with this new found power? if you can't why do you want to have godlike powers?

what are the consequences of people who thinks they are god?

Hitler - millions of Jews killed, not including soldiers who fought on both sides!

Stalin - millions of Russians were persecuted and gone missing...

Mao - millions of peasants died from hunger because of bad agricultural planning.

and many more.....

Ehh Tee Kee, i dun blame Christian, see what i have said. So on your view, you think he is right? dun give me "he is servicing for the GOD". I will said to you "FUCK YOU" ok?

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
TeeKee, you still dun understand and this is why pple hamtam you Christians. First of all, you do not understand Buddhism, just like that MLM pastor.

The Buddha taught that there is a way to go beyond suffering and happiness to gain Enlightenment. This Enlightenment is beyonds god or gods. Nowhere did he say anything about gaining power and ruling pple.

So you and the MLM pastor so quickly, without any knowledge of Buddhism, made boliao assertions.

You might find Enlightenment absurd but 500million Buddhists worldwide find it important. Being a "cultured", "god-loving" and "intelligent" Christian, minimum is to show respect to others.

Anyway, I have seen this clip so long ago. I am against making a police report. Much better to let the fire continue to burn and let the neutrals see the Christians as they are - intolerant, ignoramus and utterly dumb.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ALL religions are full of
shit.gif

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
xtians do nothing just to promote their so call god...no need to work or study just believe and u be bless and go to heaven....tsk tsk terrible...there are so many ancient myths and stories in china that are so similar to the fantasy stories in the bible...get a life and respect other religion!!!

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
where did you get this figures from?

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

unfortunately the average joe in singapore don't really comprehend your ideals, because it's too complicated. they are simple people who wants simple answers, that's what the bible could provide, a simple answers to world's complex problems, can't you see the elegance in it? If you can find enlightenment in the bible, why don't you read it or you prefer to pray for enlightenment, which never comes?

when it's getting too complicated, what is the point for believing because you ended up questioning your beliefs?

tell me, aren't you sick of dealing with past lives and next lives? when will it all end?

hey,

maybe you should read what this dude writes

http://www.rolento.com/theories/buddhism.html

http://www.rolento.com/theories/no_god.html

i think what he said is very easily understood

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,,,,,,, jesus is for sinners la,,,

tee kee sins all the time thats why he needs jesus,,,,

tee kee,,, what sin did you commit today?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how are you guys not different from those mats burning churches across the causeway?

Tell me whos the cause of it? Y dont u just stick to your Jesus "god"? :biggrin:

frankly why are you guys upset because ex-monk convert to christianity and became happy, married with 2 kids?

U can convert to any religion. But its wrong to speak ill of other religions. Dig it!

doesn't your reply tell me my Jesus God is far superior than your man-buddha? :biggrin:

At least some of the buddhist followers are smart enough to realise that Buddha afterall was a human and not a God. Unlike u..cant even show us any verse fm ur scripture that Jesus proclaim that he is God, bow down and WORSHIP me. :rolleyes:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me whos the cause of it? Y dont u just stick to your Jesus "god"? :biggrin:

U can convert to any religion. But its wrong to speak ill of other religions. Dig it!

At least some of the buddhist followers are smart enough to realise that Buddha afterall was a human and not a God. Unlike u..cant even show us any verse fm ur scripture that Jesus proclaim that he is God, bow down and WORSHIP me. :rolleyes:

jesus was no god he was a human too hes a illegitimate son of a peasant and thats if hes not a friction character in a fairy tale story book

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly why are you guys upset because ex-monk convert to christianity and became happy, married with 2 kids?

didn't you learn from this video?

You are a complete moron. People are talking about food poisoning, you are talking about how people need food to survive.

Who cares about what individuals feel about their religions. It is when a senior pastor, a religious leader, start calling other religions "false", "preposterous" and the works of demons that we start getting concerned.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the Christians have guts, they should say the same about Malays.

U must be BLIND! So many racist threads on Malays/Islam already posted by VIBGYOR and ILOVEPORK! At least I dont see any Muslims posting or criticising ur Buddhism or Xtianity here. :rolleyes: