• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian PRl Law Don Accused Of Assaulting Local Cabby

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's stated that Mr Sun is 70 and the daughter looks about 20.

Something is not right here.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If convicted, Soosay, a permanent resident here, could be jailed for up to two years and fined up to $5,000.

The actual punishment will be far lenient than that. Wanna bet? :wink:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indians absolutely useless not just as law professors
Most unproductive and repulsive as MiniSTARs
Until today the Contempt of Cock Bill is still not ready
Yet bum Shame-mugam continues to talk cock

[video=youtube;dOuWdp0iWwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOuWdp0iWwA[/video]

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - An assistant law professor with the National University of Singapore (NUS) assaulted a cabby over the change for a $20 fare, leaving him bloodied and in need of multiple stitches, a court heard yesterday.

Sundram Peter Soosay, 43, had vomited in Mr Sun Chuan Hua's vehicle in the wee hours of Christmas Day in 2013.

He got out near King Albert Park in Bukit Timah and started to walk away without paying, but handed over a $50 note after the 70-year-old cabby chased him.

It is alleged that Soosay then attacked Mr Sun from behind as he returned to the vehicle to retrieve the change, knocking him to the ground and punching him several times in the face and body, an incident that was seen by an eyewitness.

In a trial that began yesterday, Mr Sun told the court he could smell alcohol on the breath of Soosay, who had boarded the cab along Serangoon North Avenue 1 to go to Clementi Road.

To get the passenger to pay, Mr Sun said he asked him several times and touched him "lightly" on the arm. Soosay paid when Mr Sun threatened to make a police report.

As he was walking back to his cab, someone hit him in the head, causing him to fall face down, said Mr Sun.

He tried to get up but Soosay forced him back on the ground, sat astride him, and continued punching him in the face, the cabby claimed.

Mr Sun, who needed 17 days of medical leave, told the court in Mandarin that he had got his taxi licence in 1983 and this had never happened to him before.

The eyewitness claimed he saw the two men scuffle before the alleged assault.

In his cross-examination of the witness, defence counsel Amarjit Singh said his client had walked away after the scuffle and did not attack the cabby. He suggested that the cabby had provoked Soosay by pushing him repeatedly in the back and throwing a punch of his own.

Mr Sun will stay on the stand when hearing resumes on Feb 5.

If convicted, Soosay, a permanent resident here, could be jailed for up to two years and fined up to $5,000.

An NUS spokesman said Soosay joined the university in 2008. "NUS will await the conclusion of legal proceedings before determining what action, if any, should be taken."
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...abby-over-change-20150121#xtor=CS1-10 http://

Its not surprising... given his name. his name is soo say. i.e. lose the dignity.
Law Don how come can end up like that? its because of the name. He is living up to his name.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
they absolutely have no right to treat sinkies this way, some angmos also abuse taxi drivers. i know cos' sometimes, i have to put up with their tantrums. that's part and parcel of my job. thanks to pap for causing all these shit.

do locals abuse taxi drivers too? i am curious because i have never driven a taxi. life must be hard as a taxi driver.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: A National University of Singapore law professor is on trial for assaulting a 69-year-old taxi driver.

Sundram Peter Soosay, 43, who joined the university in 2008, allegedly punched taxi driver Sun Chuan Hua at around 5am on Dec 25, 2013, in the vicinity of a bus stop near the then-King Albert Park along Clementi Road.

Testifying on the first day of the trial on Wednesday (Jan 21), Mr Sun, 69, said a passenger, reeking of alcohol, boarded his taxi on the morning of Christmas day in 2013 and he was headed for Clementi Road. As the taxi was nearing King Albert Park along Clementi Road, the passenger, who had vomited in the cab, told Mr Sun to stop the car. He then got off and sat at the bus stop for a few moments before walking away.

Mr Sun told the court that he called out to the passenger only to be ignored, until he declared his intention to call the police. It was only then that the passenger handed him a S$50 bill, added Mr Sun.

As he was walking back to his taxi to get change, Mr Sun said he was hit from the back, causing his head to slam against the ground and his forehead to bleed.

His attacker, whom he recognised as the passenger, pressed him onto the ground and punched his face and eyes repeatedly, Mr Sun said.

“I lifted both my arms to shield my face, but still could not avoid the blows. I did not have any strength,” he added.

Later, a passer-by called an ambulance and Mr Sun was taken to the hospital, where he received seven stitches to his forehand. He also sustained grazes to his left arm and knees and was on medical leave for 17 days, during which time he was unable to drive as he could not lift his left arm.

Mr Matthew Auw, who identified himself as the passer-by, also took the stand on Wednesday.

Mr Auw, 21, told the court he intervened during the scuffle because Mr Sun was at risk of being injured and did not seem capable of defending himself. The trial continues on Feb 5.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's stated that Mr Sun is 70 and the daughter looks about 20.

Something is not right here.

walau.... ah pek youngest dotter can?

and what make you think that that foto is current? that could be a decade ago foto....:rolleyes:

she mentioned a young man saved her old man. that already a big hint she older that the man.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ was fired over an accusation of using NUS courier services for his wife without paying for it.

Based on that precedent, this Ah Neh should be fired immediately.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
sundram2.jpg

dalit caste sundramoothy made good
[email protected]

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think little of someone who attacked from behind!:rolleyes:

krafty, what if driver fought back and passenger suffered more injuries?
Just curious too if cabby should act like punching bag to gain more ground of
sympathy......since law favor cabbies?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FT will get a hefty fine. No jail, no caning. Lawyer will argue client was drunk and court will gladly accept his mitigation.