• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indian "FT": Taking a PR was the biggest mistake

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Indian FT: Taking a PR was the biggest mistake[/h]http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/03/15/singapore-is-not-worth-it-for-foreigners/

>
Fast forward to 2011, I make just under $6.2k, I’m married and my wife is unemployed. I am still renting an HDB, but the smallest possible configuration. Taking a PR was the biggest mistake. Company reduced my salary by the amount they need to contribute. On top of that employee contribution from my salary.
<

Calling himself a talent but squeezes his family into a small public housing unit

He is just another economy refugee. That's clear as daylight

<CITE class=fn>Wiseguy:</CITE>
March 15, 2012 at 11:22 am (Quote)
Editor, you should change the title of this article into; “Confessions Of A Parasite”.

<CITE class=fn>AMUSED:</CITE>
March 15, 2012 at 11:24 am (Quote)
No one should be shocked or surprised by the writer’s posting. It is nothing new. What drove them (“FT”) to Singapore in the first place. Exactly, $$$$$$$.
Should we expect total loyalty from them? No way. The first hiccup that comes along and they will the first to run.
This is what happened to a misguided policy on “FT” for the last two decades set by the MIW. What do the MIW engage in now, nitpicking and belittling the opposition. Should they not be thinking on how to set Singapore right again?
Namely, 1. Call for a Hougang By-election.
2. Ensure fair employment for all Singaporeans.
3. Help develop the human capital so that every Singaporeans
can really enjoy the fruits of its economic success.
4. Ensure that every voice is being heard and not to be
treated as noises.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry , Sporeans have to be more accepting.. Singapore has been a expat country right from the begining.... some are 1st generation and some are 4th or 5th generation.

Singaporeans know 1 think very well!!! Complain and complain.... right from childhood they have been taken care of very well by the government by giving subsidised houses and subsidised education a well paid job when they graduate and a lot more......

The story above is not uncommon, I was here in Singapore since 2002, when the singapore was not very well developed and there was hardly any entertainment or tourist activity besides the few night safari/ sentosa and movies....

It is beyond doubt that the locals are paid very high compared to some expats who may have been hired as skilled talent but due to work politics and bias in the work place have been left behind in their career growth..... I have worked here for more than 6 years and there has been a lot of bias in the work... so the opportunities are never given to the expats.... singaproe calls itself meritocratic but wants to keep racial percentage in all the official ways like number of people employed for a particular race... number of people granted citizenship or PR .... that itself fails meritocracy...

I could clearly notice many singaporeans or sorry to say but in that case the majority race itself being given preference and a golden spoon to grow up the ladder.... U are happy if you hear that an expat is here but wants to go back and settle back in his own country... u dont understand that a person coming here at 22-23 is dedicating his golden age to singapore... a major cultural difference.. accepting it hapily and trying to integrate.. but it becomes too much when i see so much negativity coming out of well off singaporeans complainign about FT ... when it is clearly seen that the majority race in singapore is clearly being favoured at many places as a silent rule...
Just take the example in this forum ... most of the singaporeans have a couple of houses in singapore which they have rented out at a hefty amounts to expats.. and are buying anotehr couple of properties in Johor as well and stil l complaining....

so STOP complaining and take out any negative feelings about FT... what Singapore is today is equally because of foreign talent which have dedicated their youth living away from their family friends and social circles.....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry , Sporeans have to be more accepting.. Singapore has been a expat country right from the begining.... some are 1st generation and some are 4th or 5th generation.

Singaporeans know 1 think very well!!! Complain and complain.... right from childhood they have been taken care of very well by the government by giving subsidised houses and subsidised education a well paid job when they graduate and a lot more......

The story above is not uncommon, I was here in Singapore since 2002, when the singapore was not very well developed and there was hardly any entertainment or tourist activity besides the few night safari/ sentosa and movies....

It is beyond doubt that the locals are paid very high compared to some expats who may have been hired as skilled talent but due to work politics and bias in the work place have been left behind in their career growth..... I have worked here for more than 6 years and there has been a lot of bias in the work... so the opportunities are never given to the expats.... singaproe calls itself meritocratic but wants to keep racial percentage in all the official ways like number of people employed for a particular race... number of people granted citizenship or PR .... that itself fails meritocracy...

I could clearly notice many singaporeans or sorry to say but in that case the majority race itself being given preference and a golden spoon to grow up the ladder.... U are happy if you hear that an expat is here but wants to go back and settle back in his own country... u dont understand that a person coming here at 22-23 is dedicating his golden age to singapore... a major cultural difference.. accepting it hapily and trying to integrate.. but it becomes too much when i see so much negativity coming out of well off singaporeans complainign about FT ... when it is clearly seen that the majority race in singapore is clearly being favoured at many places as a silent rule...
Just take the example in this forum ... most of the singaporeans have a couple of houses in singapore which they have rented out at a hefty amounts to expats.. and are buying anotehr couple of properties in Johor as well and stil l complaining....

so STOP complaining and take out any negative feelings about FT... what Singapore is today is equally because of foreign talent which have dedicated their youth living away from their family friends and social circles.....

wow the same fella coming in with the same BS, the usual racism, locals must kiss ft ass and the first time i'm hearing it locals are actually paid higher and treated better than expats.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wow the same fella coming in with the same BS, the usual racism, locals must kiss ft ass and the first time i'm hearing it locals are actually paid higher and treated better than expats.

The moniker sounds like a smelly Indian. :biggrin:

Hey Hitesh parasite, we did not point a gun for u to be here. Fuck back to your country if you are not happy. Dog!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

The moniker sounds like a smelly Indian. :biggrin:

Hey Hitesh parasite, we did not point a gun for u to be here. Fuck back to your country if you are not happy. Dog!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one is pointing a gun on the foreheads of these FTs from India to take up PR citizenship..If they are not happy then why come to Spore to work? Spore is a tiny island and we can't afford to have the luxury of having more foreigners comin to our shore... We are too overcrowded.. I believed there are currently more than 200,000 Indian Nationals in Spore..:eek: You mentioned the contribution of these FTs.. For God's sake, these FTs are being paid well to come and work in Spore... Its not as if they are being paid only 500 rupees every month by their employers in Spore..:rolleyes: You mentioned '' a major cultural difference ''...and integrating... These Indian expats in Spore have never integrated fully with the locals and they very much prefer to congregate among their countrymen here.. Having been in Spore since 2002 doesn't mean that you know everything about Spore..Go and read up on the many cases of Sporeans being marginalised in their work place by the majority of their colleagues who are mostly Indian nationals..You mentioned about Sporeans owning many properties in JB.. For your info, Sporeans and Malaysians share many similarities in culture and history.. We may have our political differences but Malaysians will usually welcome Sporeans crossing the Causeway with open arms due to our common history and heritage.. The same cannot be said of these Indian FTs.. There are far too many differences between us and them in terms of language, culture and our way of lives.. Their anti social habits are also well known to true blue Sporeans.. I may sound racist to you but its a fact that these Indian FTs are notorious for their aloofness, snobbishness and Maharaja like attitude when engaging with normal Sporeans.. Don't believe me then, go to Parkway Parade on a Sunday and duly observed these Indians doing their shopping..:smile:

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. the first joke of the day.
3. talent where got?
4. the so-called talents can choose to return to base too.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one is pointing a gun on the foreheads of these FTs from India to take up PR citizenship..If they are not happy then why come to Spore to work? Spore is a tiny island and we can't afford to have the luxury of having more foreigners comin to our shore... We are too overcrowded.. I believed there are currently more than 200,000 Indian Nationals in Spore..:eek: You mentioned the contribution of these FTs.. For God's sake, these FTs are being paid well to come and work in Spore... Its not as if they are being paid only 500 rupees every month by their employers in Spore..:rolleyes: You mentioned '' a major cultural difference ''...and integrating... These Indian expats in Spore have never integrated fully with the locals and they very much prefer to congregate among their countrymen here.. Having been in Spore since 2002 doesn't mean that you know everything about Spore..Go and read up on the many cases of Sporeans being marginalised in their work place by the majority of their colleagues who are mostly Indian nationals..You mentioned about Sporeans owning many properties in JB.. For your info, Sporeans and Malaysians share many similarities in culture and history.. We may have our political differences but Malaysians will usually welcome Sporeans crossing the Causeway with open arms due to our common history and heritage.. The same cannot be said of these Indian FTs.. There are far too many differences between us and them in terms of language, culture and our way of lives.. Their anti social habits are also well known to true blue Sporeans.. I may sound racist to you but its a fact that these Indian FTs are notorious for their aloofness, snobbishness and Maharaja like attitude when engaging with normal Sporeans.. Don't believe me then, go to Parkway Parade on a Sunday and duly observed these Indians doing their shopping..:smile:

Bro you simply wrote out all the facts about these shit skins what's racist in that and as for that keling thinking that's racist do they ever think it's racist looking down on locals and making fun of their customs and being anti-social and unwilling to integrate with the locals. Have they ever thought that they are racist? Of course not. Have you ever heard of a keling thinking how he behaves is racist? Never.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

FUCK YOU!!.

Can't accept that Singaporeans don't give a flying fuck about you then fuck back to your country.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro you simply wrote out all the facts about these shit skins what's racist in that and as for that keling thinking that's racist do they ever think it's racist looking down on locals and making fun of their customs and being anti-social and unwilling to integrate with the locals. Have they ever thought that they are racist? Of course not. Have you ever heard of a keling thinking how he behaves is racist? Never.

I agree with Raiders.. I think this Hitesh chap is himself an Ah Neh.. Thats why he felt the need to defend these Global Pariahs when Makapaa posted this thread... Its unbelieveable that we are presently sheltering more than 200,000 of these Ah Nehs.. Its bloody too much considering the overcrowding problems that we are now experiencing in Spore..

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
people from India are normally head hunted into this small island called singaproe which as a place i have started to love and very much enjoy working here... It is my country now.. just like some of your parents may have migrated here a few decades back. Sorry to disappoint some of you guys not going anywhere!!!

what bothers me is the so much negativity which i often sense coming out of a singaporean .. specially a particular race.. (which u can easily guess what i am referring to)..

Just look at the so many anti Indian comments which my post has attracted simply shows whats filled within.... so i do agree there are cultural differences between the way an Indian of my age has grown up and a young singaproean may have grown up... so it is difficult to go hand in hand... but integration also means acceptance not necessarily walking hand in hand... it means an internal feeling of oneness...

I have not seen any marginal ism towards locals in any of my past jobs, i may have been fortunate or unfortunate

I could sense the same feeling that you have mentioned about Indians about locals... so it may be a psychological gap which just needs to be filled....

I just hope if such kind of attitude is maintained by the locals, then i can say that it would be difficult for singapore to progress as much as it had done until now...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. what a load of crap!
2. for monies, ah neh arrives on to sheepishland shore.
3. for betterer grass elsewhere, such specimens shall get out in doves.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I agree with Raiders.. I think this Hitesh chap is himself an Ah Neh.. Thats why he felt the need to defend these Global Pariahs when Makapaa posted this thread... Its unbelieveable that we are presently sheltering more than 200,000 of these Ah Nehs.. Its bloody too much considering the overcrowding problems that we are now experiencing in Spore..

Brother, you are heng because you drive. Try taking the mrt and you'll faint.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
people from India are normally head hunted into this small island called singaproe which as a place i have started to love and very much enjoy working here... It is my country now.....

Head hunted your ass! Dont you Indians have any sense of shame? Since you proclaim that this is your country, then please respect its citizens.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. what a load of crap!
2. for monies, ah neh arrives on to sheepishland shore.
3. for betterer grass elsewhere, such specimens shall get out in doves.

I cant generalise, but coming to sgp was for a better standard of living and not just money. I can earn more in my country than i am getting here, but i am here because i have started liking the place.....

Just like so many sporeans go to places like Australia.. to work and live.... it is the same...

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cant generalise, but coming to sgp was for a better standard of living and not just money. I can earn more in my country than i am getting here, but i am here because i have started liking the place.....

Just like so many sporeans go to places like Australia.. to work and live.... it is the same...

yeah sure i believe u, just like ganges is the pure n holy river shit. keling is really full of shit. period.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't overstay your welcome, pack up and go.

And please, many of us leave this place because it's infested by people like you.