• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indefensible.....papee white-washing Singapore history

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...the starting point was that Singapore unilaterally declared her independence (UDI) on 31 Aug 1963.
the dispute was whether a UDI actually took place....
From the title and contents of the Press Statement, it is very clear that a UDI did not took place....lky was a smart alec who knew exactly what he was doing and appeared to have fooled many "naive" people...he steered clear of the key words like "sovereign/independent" from his speech which would have forced the Brits to take action against him....

Edwin Lee name was mentioned as a well regarded Historian....can u hep me to get his email address as I would like to learn from him how he interpreted the speech as a UDI.

i read through this thread very quickly. the rest of forummers opinions about this ambiguous de facto independence (UDI) issue are somewhat acceptable to me. it matters shit anyway but i would interpret the press statement and lky 3 shouts of merdeka as singapore being independent spiritually, not actuality or officially... hahaha...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly the point. The issue is very clear. The evidences are there, and only he is in denial that such an event took place - that LKY stood on the city hall steps in 1963 august 31 shouting Merdeka 3 times to a large mass rally crowd. I was there with my father then. Maybe he was still swimming in his father's balls then. He is still clutching at straws based on some silly assumption that it could not have happened because the Brits would have disallowed it. But happen nevertheless it did.

As you can tread thru my posts, I have not suggested that this date be taken officially as our independence day but said that such a thing came to past and we actually went thru independence once before joining M'sia and then as part of M'sia we celeb again , and of cos, 9th August. See my signature.

The issues of UDI etc are irrelevant, as can be seen from the yellow highlighted text in my attachment of the mass rally speech here in this thread. What does "freedom to be a nation", "in control of defence and external affairs" meant if not independent?

http://www.sammyboy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10111

So after being presented with solid facts, he is still struggling to shape-shift, wriggle, worm and distort the issues to get out of his promise to resign from this forum. He is still waiting for the Queen to give a stat declaration for 31 August 1963?

i read through this thread very quickly. the rest of forummers opinions about this ambiguous de facto independence (UDI) issue are somewhat acceptable to me. it matters shit anyway but i would interpret the press statement and lky 3 shouts of merdeka as singapore being independent spiritually, not actuality or officially... hahaha...

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is why I asked him: is his father the man who is married to his mother now?

Most people would say yes, unqualifyingly, unhesitatingly. But the idiot had to quibble, to have it qualified precisely, which made me wonder if it was not the case with him.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the very same source I provided here that I nailed you with.

Pls produce one piece of evidence that it did not happen rather than arguing based on suppositions and conjecture.

hahaha...here it is [/ATTACH]....
the most reliable source.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the idiotic scums of sbf still struggling and clutching at straws......
the Singapore Press Government Press Statement is clear proof that LKY did not do a UDI....
the event to mark Malaysia Solidarity Day on 31 Aug 1963 was reported in the Press and the idiots thought it was some secret event....

Myth: LKY did a UDI (Unilateral Declaration of Independence) on 31 Aug 1963.
Fact: LKY did not do a UDI. He held a public event on 31 Aug 1963 to mark Malaysia Solidarity Day put pressure on the British and Tunku to implement the London Agreement on 16 Sep 1963 to form the Federations of Malaysia failing which Singapore will assert her rights to freedom.
Evidence:
1. ST report dated 1 Sep 1963
2. London Agremment and Malaysia Act
3. the Proclaimation
4. Singapore Government press statement MC.AU.59/63 (PM)
Supporting evidence: Britain did not take action against LKY because it was not a blatant act of UDI.
Common sense: UDI is a "significant" event which cannot be treated as trivial and forgotten/ignored in any Country's History.

Myth busted once and for all.
Those interested in the details can read the above document.

Conclusion: the following were confirmed as idiotic scums who have no integrity at all or really lacking in basic English competency - kingrant, scroobal, tfbh.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No point in belabouring the truth here. It doesnt matter whether he believes it or not, it has happened, and no amount of denial or rationalising or semantics is going to take it away. Facts of history cannot be denied once it has happened. I see no point to chase the argument since he is the only idiot who refused to accept it. Everybody else has accepted this little known fact in our country's history.

We all know why sometimes things are wilfully omitted by officialdom and deliberately kept out of textbooks. It could be because they are embarrassing or made the protagonist silly or look impulsive. Sometimes, bad events that reflect poorly on the living and victorious are embellished to make them look good. E.g. future textbooks on the country's history may omit the fact that LHL apologised before the GE2011, and again a few times after unsuccessfully pushing through its govt's policies. And we would understand; but that does not mean that it did not happen.

Through it all, readers and students of history must always be discerning and on guard when people try assiduously to whitewash history or just plain deny things happened just because they were not recorded in every document, because as everyone knows, it depends on who is doing the recording and for what motives. This is laughable. Why does he continue to deny vehemently? We need to question his motive.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi guys, i see the debate until face green green over this topic......
Pardon me but can i ask what is the significance of this brief 16 days?.....whether or not how the event went down.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the idiot thought he could get away by saying that such and such an event occurred and that's all to it....
he had followed blindly the information from wiki and now tries to wriggle his way out....lol.

Wiki had left out a key word in its post.....
if wiki had posted that LKY declared de-facto independence for Singapore, there would not have been any argument.
the word "de-facto" is significant.....
give u an example.....Taiwan has no diplomatic relationship with many countries.....
however consular functions still existed under the guise of trade offices; etc...
so the press can say that ABC is the de-facto ambassador for Philipines in Taiwan but
the Press cannot say that ABC is the ambassador without creating a diplomatic row with China.

It is clear that such thing is out of the depth of the idiotic scums.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys, i see the debate until face green green over this topic......
Pardon me but can i ask what is the significance of this brief 16 days?.....whether or not how the event went down.

31 aug was initially the date fixed for Merger into Malaysia. However, due to protestations and potential trouble from Indonesia and Philippines over whether the Sabahans and the Sarawakans and N borneo pple truly agreed to their merger with Malaysia, Malaysia agreed to a UN survey which delayed the process of Malaysia. Thus the date was postponed to 16th September 1963 for the survey to be completed.

Meanwhile, LKY was impatient and quite jittery over whether Malaysia would happen if more delays were allowed. He of cos was afraid that he could not contain the pro-communists by himself. Yet at the same time, he was eager to show that he had succeeded where David Marshall and Lim Yew Hock had failed in securing independence for Singapore. You may remember that the only thing left on the road to independence was to secure control over defence and foreign affairs. You may also see from the Proclamation itself in para 4. that LKY already had these handed to him by the 31 August. That was why he had to up the ante by proclaiming freedom from British rule. He knew the Brits could not touch him.

This act of so-called UDI can again be cited in another location in wiki. Note that the word "independence" is used twice, once on 31 Aug 1963 and the other on 9th August 1965. Wiki is conveniently quoted here and of course if that kuku wishes to challenge the veracity he can take it up with the wiki editors. But if he doesnt, then I assume he is happy with what wiki has stated. If he succeeds, I shall be happy to concede.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
still wriggling like a worm. Can understand it's hard for you to fuck off from this place as you promised, since it is the only life for you.

UDI, de facto.. is he your father or is he your mother's husband? If they are not the same, then you have issues boy!

Little wonder you cant see the light.

hahaha...the idiot thought he could get away by saying that such and such an event occurred and that's all to it....
he had followed blindly the information from wiki and now tries to wriggle his way out....lol.

Wiki had left out a key word in its post.....
if wiki had posted that LKY declared de-facto independence for Singapore, there would not have been any argument.
the word "de-facto" is significant.....
give u an example.....Taiwan has no diplomatic relationship with many countries.....
however consular functions still existed under the guise of trade offices; etc...
so the press can say that ABC is the de-facto ambassador for Philipines in Taiwan but
the Press cannot say that ABC is the ambassador without creating a diplomatic row with China.

It is clear that such thing is out of the depth of the idiotic scums.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....good thing , posts in the net are for posterity.
some bullshits cannot be verified but in this case all the proofs are there....
some idiot cannot even comprehend the significance of the word "de-facto".....it is very clear he also don't know what he is talking when he said it is all semantics....
truely retarded....

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....bump for the truth to surface.....
the idiotic scums of sbf still struggling and clutching at straws......
the Singapore Press Government Press Statement is clear proof that LKY did not do a UDI....
the event to mark Malaysia Solidarity Day on 31 Aug 1963 was reported in the Press and the idiots thought it was some secret event....

Fact: LKY did not do a UDI. He held a public event on 31 Aug 1963 to mark Malaysia Solidarity Day and declared "de-facto" independence for Singapore to put pressure on the British and Tunku to implement the London Agreement on 16 Sep 1963 to form the Federations of Malaysia failing which Singapore will assert her rights to freedom.
Evidence:
3. the Proclaimation
4. Singapore Government press statement MC.AU.59/63 (PM) did not mentione the key word "ïndependent/sovereign" at all.
Supporting evidence: Britain did not take action against LKY because it was not a blatant act of UDI.
Common sense: UDI is a "significant" event which cannot be treated as trivial and forgotten/ignored in any Country's History.

Conclusion: the following were confirmed as idiotic scums who have no integrity at all or really lacking in basic English competency - kingrant, scroobal, tfbh.

http://www.sammyboy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10141

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so glad this thread gets bumped to the top of the heap. Many an inconvenient truth does not see the light of day because those who were responsible for the inconvenient truth hope people would overlook or forget them, while their pretenders to the truth and ass-lickers continue to help them twist and distort them, since they could not be covered up due to a few heroes who will dare to continue to shine the light where there was darkness.

I hope Sam will make this one a sticky for posterity. As they say, Truth be told. Let there be light.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....bump for the truth to surface.....
the idiotic scums of sbf still struggling and clutching at straws......

If LKY did a UDI, he would have given the British a slap in the face and viewed as National Hero for standing up against the colonial master.
Why is he so humble that he has to keep this out from Singapore History.
Anybody with half a brain will know that there is no logic at all

Fact: LKY did not do a UDI. He held a public event on 31 Aug 1963 to mark Malaysia Solidarity Day and declared "de-facto" independence for Singapore to put pressure on the British and Tunku to implement the London Agreement on 16 Sep 1963 to form the Federations of Malaysia failing which Singapore will assert her rights to freedom.
Evidence:
3. the Proclaimation
4. Singapore Government press statement MC.AU.59/63 (PM) did not mentione the key word "ïndependent/sovereign" at all.

http://www.sammyboy.com/attachment.p...chmentid=10141

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Brits were powerless because in principle and law, he was rightful and legitimate in doing so, since they have released the defence and foreign affairs matters to him. Only dumbtards dont see that. Pls dont bore us with your naivete and ignorance and asinine obstinacy.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am so glad this thread gets bumped to the top of the heap. Many an inconvenient truth does not see the light of day because those who were responsible for the inconvenient truth hope people would overlook or forget them, while their pretenders to the truth and ass-lickers continue to help them twist and distort them, since they could not be covered up due to a few heroes who will dare to continue to shine the light where there was darkness.

I hope Sam will make this one a sticky for posterity. As they say, Truth be told. Let there be light.

Even Goh Meng Seng has his moments of sanity, compared to certain nicks here. We are not talking about legal nuances or quibbling over some minor historical details for which there are few written records. We are talking about basic comprehension here.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Goh Meng Seng has his moments of sanity, compared to certain nicks here. We are not talking about legal nuances or quibbling over some minor historical details for which there are few written records. We are talking about basic comprehension here.
hahaha...again talking through your arse.....
u keep insisting on something that is not recorded in history books and insist that u are right....
anybody with half a brain will know that there is no logic to omit such a significant event from the history book....
u are blinded by your love for papee just as GMS is blinded by his love for WP...sama sama.

what few written records???
the event happened in 1963; not some pre-historic time, there were press reports, and press statement; etc.....who have comprehension here????

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a complete idiot! Relying only on history books written and sanctioned by Papees for his history knowledge. Pathetic. Truly THE frog in the well.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the useless totally retarded moron exit now and forever from this forum?

More likely he'll now say that how come LKY did not mention this in his books. He did.

Last edited: