• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indefensible.....papee white-washing Singapore history

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
what u have provided is further confirmation that Papee acknowledged Bristish rule over Singapore until formation of Malaysia on 16 Sep 1963 by agreeing to the amended date..

the amendment date was agreed only on 11 Sep 1963

when you wake up on 1 Sep 1963, Singapore is free on this day, based on the agreement

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
the amendment date was agreed only on 11 Sep 1963

when you wake up on 1 Sep 1963, Singapore is free on this day, based on the agreement
hahaha.....the amendment date only changed the date when malaysia was formed to 16 Sep 1963 instead of 31 Aug 1963.
it did not change the point that singapore will only be independent when Malaysia is formed....
by agreeing to the amended date, it has confirmed that singapore was not independent prior to joining the federation...

Can you offer a reason why history books as written/approved by the victors/papee did not state the fact that Singapore was independent for 11 days/15days; etc.. before joining the federation???

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....how idoitic can one be....
anybody with a half a brain will know that what is written on the net may not be correct yet we have 1 idiot who quote a paragraph from wike
and then said that official version of Singapore history is not correct....and all the historians/academics/politicians are ignorant.
this one really takes the cake.

Just for closure....there are people who still thought that LKY did a UDI on 31 Aug 1963...
this is really far fetched because u can only do a UDI when u are in a position to do so...
In 1963, LKY could have been locked up by the British if he was deemed to have done a UDI..
as shown in the press records, lky was clever enough to play with his words to ensure that it was not deemed a UDI by anybody with half a brain.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some retard here had already found an old ST page from the lib archives that said LKY announced Singapore's independence on 31 August 1963, as sure as Chairman Mao declared the Chinese has stood up on the steps of the Forbidden City in 1949. But instead of conceding the argument, he still disputed the ST report and went about concocting his own silly rationalising how this could not have happened via a UDI blah blah blah. It shows you that there are a lot of ignoramuses here trying to clutch at straws when there are facts, facts, man,facts..that you can search for yrself.

Unless kukubird wants you to believe him, and he is more credible than wiki? Dont believe in birds who kuku all the time, cos they are, well, just that, kuku.

hey, you cant grasp what is a UDI pls dont bandy it abt lah. Becos it was not a UDI - he had been permitted to do so.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody least of all I had said that the official version is not correct. I had only said that LKY declared independence oncve on 31 August 1963 and then again in M'sia on 16 Sep 1963, and nobody can arrest him for that. Indeed no one did.

What a bird brain!

Anyways, it goes to show that he does read my posts, altho he marked me as IGNORE. Hehehe:confused:

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the final nail in the coffin for kukubird. Not only was there an official Proclamation for it to happen, the episode was also reported not only in wiki and ST, but by respectable authors like Edwin Lee in his book The Unexpected Nation, pg 235.

Here are the proofs:

125971160.VaBiK547.SingaporeNov09100.jpgUDIpage 235 from Unexpected nation2.jpgUnexpected nation2.jpg

Time for you, kukubird lanjiao to fuck off from this forum forever..as you have promised.

Ritchie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is political history not true history of singapore. The near true history of singapore begun from the "Big Bang" and thereafter the the movement of the earth that farther away the pieces of land mass. So pls do not be dogma in history, history was basically a reflect on the loving kindness of all our ancestors in that period. For instance, the loving kindness of now will be the historic legacy and reflect of Singapore progeny...:wink:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....now we have the lights at the end of the tunnel and for those who have no time to follow the debate, let me summarise as follows:

Myth: LKY did a UDI (Unilateral Declaration of Independence) on 31 Aug 1963.
Fact: LKY did not do a UDI. He held a public event on 31 Aug 1963 to put pressure on the British and Tunku to implement the London
Agreement on 16 Sep 1963 to form the Federations of Malaysia failing which Singapore will assert her rights to freedom.
Evidence:
1. ST report dated 1 Sep 1963
2. London Agremment and Malaysia Act
3. the Proclaimation
4. Singapore Government press statement MC.AU.59/63 (PM)
Supporting evidence: Britain did not take action against LKY because it was not a blatant act of UDI.
Common sense: UDI is a "significant" event which cannot be treated as trivial and forgotten/ignored in any Country's History.

Myth busted once and for all.
Those interested in the details can read the above document.

Conclusion: the following were confirmed as idiotic scums who have no integrity at all or really lacking in basic English competency - kingrant, scroobal, tfbh.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fact is already clear to all and by sources most reliable and credible, no sense to flog THAT dead ASS.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....the idot really takes the cake....
he presented the Singapore Government Press statement which is the most reliable source
but failed to comprehen what is stated in the statement...
there is not a mention of the key words "sovereign/independent" at all and yet he claimed that LKY declared Singapore to be independent based on the wordings of the Press statement/Proclaimation....
He must be thinking he was doing a primary school comprehension exercise when he tries to paraphase a Government Press statement...LOL.

This thing is not going away until it is resolved and either Kukubird fucked off from sbf or the scums (scroobal/kingrant/tfbh) are shown as idiots with no integrity at all.....
Since Edwin Lee is mentioned, I will email him for a explanation on how he interprete the Press statement as such.
I tried to google his name but seems like he is not so prominent.....cannot find him easily.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....the idot really takes the cake....
he presented the Singapore Government Press statement which is the most reliable source
but failed to comprehen what is stated in the statement...
there is not a mention of the key words "sovereign/independent" at all and yet he claimed that LKY declared Singapore to be independent based on the wordings of the Press statement/Proclaimation....
He must be thinking he was doing a primary school comprehension exercise when he tries to paraphase a Government Press statement...LOL.

This thing is not going away until it is resolved and either Kukubird fucked off from sbf or the scums (scroobal/kingrant/tfbh) are shown as idiots with no integrity at all.....
Since Edwin Lee is mentioned, I will email him for a explanation on how he interprete the Press statement as such.
I tried to google his name but seems like he is not so prominent.....cannot find him easily.

can post the statement again in full text ?

you can contact nus to get edwin lee's email.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...here it is [/ATTACH]....
the most reliable source.

so the disagreement between you and those three fellows lies entirely in this statement ?

why did they suggest that it was an independence statement ? do they mean de jure or de facto independence in this case ? i am asking you because they won't reply properly to me one. paiseh. i didn't really follow most of the exchanges of facts and opinions that transpired here and the other thread.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the disagreement between you and those three fellows lies entirely in this statement ?

why did they suggest that it was an independence statement ? do they mean de jure or de facto independence in this case ? i am asking you because they won't reply properly to me one. paiseh. i didn't really follow most of the exchanges of facts and opinions that transpired here and the other thread.
hahaha...the starting point was that Singapore unilaterally declared her independence (UDI) on 31 Aug 1963.
the dispute was whether a UDI actually took place....
From the title and contents of the Press Statement, it is very clear that a UDI did not took place....lky was a smart alec who knew exactly what he was doing and appeared to have fooled many "naive" people...he steered clear of the key words like "sovereign/independent" from his speech which would have forced the Brits to take action against him....

Edwin Lee name was mentioned as a well regarded Historian....can u hep me to get his email address as I would like to learn from him how he interpreted the speech as a UDI.

Last edited: