• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inconsiderate Behaviour In Public Places

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uh.. add another one where people standing on the right of the escalator refuse to walk up the escalator (esp. during rush hour).

Suddenly the whole column of people behind the queue have to stop. Then again, you never see anyone shouting at the person who refuses to walk and blocks the whole queue.

Perhaps that can be considered as a salvaging point for Singaporeans being "polite"...

jw5

Loyal
Uh.. add another one where people standing on the right of the escalator refuse to walk up the escalator (esp. during rush hour).

Suddenly the whole column of people behind the queue have to stop. Then again, you never see anyone shouting at the person who refuses to walk and blocks the whole queue.

Perhaps that can be considered as a salvaging point for Singaporeans being "polite"...

I was standing behind someone like that on the mrt station escalator.
Asked him to look down to the side.
He looked at a sign which read "Please stand on the left." :biggrin:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 days ago, was dabaoing at MacD, people was queeing behind me, an ah neh walks beside me and started to ask something and want to order fries, I told him to fuck off and go queue at the back, knn....

knn, why u fuck my brudder?
Anyway usually its the FT that has attitude problem n no manners.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
i see more people like to clip their nails in public - on bus/mrt and hawker center, CLIP CLIP...CLIP..CLIP..

Point out to them that it is no different from littering.
The fine is $1000 if they are willing to pay.
It's almost unbelievable but just recently, I saw a prc woman cutting her nails into a tissue paper.
After cutting, she put the tissue into her pocket, presumably to throw away later.
Sometimes, I wonder whether it's really the foreigners who are the problems.

ben213us

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point out to them that it is no different from littering.
The fine is $1000 if they are willing to pay.
It's almost unbelievable but just recently, I saw a prc woman cutting her nails into a tissue paper.
After cutting, she put the tissue into her pocket, presumably to throw away later.
Sometimes, I wonder whether it's really the foreigners who are the problems.

littering has no racial boundaries
the thousands of signaporean smokers - ask them how they dispose of their cigarette butts
but they think that's not littereing

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be written in 10 languages, otherwise some people cannot understand.

Should be written in English only. Those who can't read English, go learn English. It's better than a Babel Tower of so many languages, isn't it?

i see more people like to clip their nails in public - on bus/mrt and hawker center, CLIP CLIP...CLIP..CLIP..

That's a Chinese disease. Only Chinese do that. Not even Indians and Banglas do that.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hey bro....adults and their kids coughing into buffet spreads and picking up food with their fingers.

Inconsiderate behaviour in public places seems to be increasing.

Passengers gathering at the entrance/exit of buses or mrt trains, 2 or 3 people occupying 6 or 7 seats at food courts or hawker centres, children running about or adults/children talking loudly in public libraries, people standing about and blocking the way in congested places like shopping malls or train stations, people jumping queue, talking loudly, shouting, digging their noses, etc etc.

The problem seems to be getting worse, not just among foreigners, but also locals who may have decided to join em' if they can't beat em'.

Perhaps it's time to have a Ministar in charge of Etiquette and Considerate Behaviour in Public Places, someone to set out policies, give adviCe and take recalcitrant and incorrigible inconsiderate people to task.
How about Zorro as the guy in charge? Ok, ok, you will say that his spoken English leaves a lot to be desired, but he has a habit of stating the obvious and making motherhood statements, which is perhaps exactly what is needed for this role. He is also possibly the guy with the most available time.

Do you think that inconsiderate behaviour in public places is increasing? What can be done to alleviate this problem?

jw5

Loyal
hey bro....adults and their kids coughing into buffet spreads and picking up food with their fingers.

Once was standing behind a well dressed tai tai who picked up something from the buffet spread, gave it a good sniff and put it back.
I said loudly: "Wah, u smell it and then put back. Very good hor!"
She smiled at me broadly. :o

jw5

Loyal
littering has no racial boundaries
the thousands of signaporean smokers - ask them how they dispose of their cigarette butts
but they think that's not littereing

Recently saw an elderly man limping slowly up the stairs, smoking.
He took his cigarette butt and threw it onto the grass verge and continued limping away.
If someone like that ever asks for help, give him keechiu's contact number.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
haha. that's not tai tai material ...that was a broad who was smiling broadly at you.

Once was standing behind a well dressed tai tai who picked up something from the buffet spread, gave it a good sniff and put it back.
I said loudly: "Wah, u smell it and then put back. Very good hor!"
She smiled at me broadly. :o

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot stand the fuckers who stand very close to you while you are topping up your MRT card or withdrawing money from the ATM.

There was once a fucking ah neh who stood behind me and looked over my shoulder - his stink gave him away. I turned around, gave him a cold stare, and told him to stand farther. That piece of shit moved away, a sad bovine expression on his unsightly face.

Another time one ah-neh stood very close to me on the train. i was standing by the door and despite the fact that there was some space away, the disgusting creature chose to stand beside me. Whenever the train moved, he was in danger of knocking into me. I could stand it no more and shrugged him off when he nearly clashed into me. I gave him a hard look and for several seconds i could see no flicker of intelligence in his dull eyes. Then something must have registered in his puny brain and he backed off.

Can't stand these bloody whoresons. Plenty of space and they must stand in the middle of the road and block traffic. The stinking pieces of crap must think they are cows in their rancid cesspit!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf_simultaneously_sucking_thumb_and_picking_nose.jpg

leanne-rimes-800.jpg

ignoremainjpg1327049963978-data.jpg

mona-lisa-picking-nose.jpg

I7yi_p34.jpg