• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In defence of the PAP

jw5

Loyal
always thought the tea parties are tightly regulated :o:o:o

My next one was originally going to be:
"They never killed anybody............................................ that we know of anyway."

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro <b>rusty</b>, you mentioned the nice and sincere ones leaving the obscene act to the assholes. Thats one way to look at it. It certainly did not occur to me before. Like the saying, borrowing a knife to kill another? Thats always a possibility. But like I mentioned, the assholes are the ones getting the big pay and the power. So what gives?

bro <b>scroobal</b>, I put forth my observation based on the personal interaction I have had with some past and present pap MPs. I posted because I was trying to reconcile why these nice and sincere people rarely ever become office holders/ministers. It was stated by bro <b>tanwahtiu</b> in this thread that nice and sincere do not co-exist with political acumen. In short, nice guys don't make good politicians. I see the value of this argument. Bro <b>The_Hypocrite</b> stated that he knows "a few better pap MPs but these MPs will never hold office or be in position of power as pinky will not allow competition". Thats certainly a possibility. Stripping away all pretence, politics is about power. The more the better, usually at someone else's expense. I am not looking for a debate. Just asking the forum whether my observation is shared or not shared with others, based on their personal experience.

Yes, most of us agree that the pap will never be changed within. But IF (Big IF) it were to happen, would it not start from the rank and file instead of the leadership? The rank and file containing what I named as the "nice and sincere" ones. People mentioned there are two to three camps within the pap right now. Perhaps they are just waiting for a chance to pounce? Bidding their time, waiting for the people to send enough signal, waiting for their own courage to grow?

I believe most of us here are nice guys. We see the wrong direction our country is headed and feel the need to voice it. We love our country and are disappointed with the pap. Only the self interested ones with blind loyalty to the pap will support every single policy. Interestingly, I have yet to see the pap loyalists jump into this thread.

bro <b>time2Evacuate</b>, I did not mean to spoil your day. Really.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the mp don't vote as individual but as part of the party bloc, why should voters see them as individual in their in own right and not as pap representative? The same rule applies to oppositions.

It boils down to the fact that we are electing a party and their policies. How nice that fellow is as a person and how noble his thinking was doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Only the self interested ones with blind loyalty to the pap will support every single policy. Interestingly, I have yet to see the pap loyalists jump into this thread ...
dose wif strong self-interests n blinded loyalty ... 1 is under moderation .... another is keeping himself bz wif trivia ... :o

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro <b>rusty</b>, you mentioned the nice and sincere ones leaving the obscene act to the assholes. Thats one way to look at it. It certainly did not occur to me before. Like the saying, borrowing a knife to kill another? Thats always a possibility. But like I mentioned, the assholes are the ones getting the big pay and the power. So what gives?

Away from the limelight, they pull strings with their connections and conduct businesses behind the curtain. How much they made is anybody's guess. How would you had known AIM existed under the PAP umbrella if it wasn't WP who pichiak the lobang? How many more companies are there privately owned by PAP or individual MP?
Think about it, do you think those silent m'fuckers joined PAP just for the MP allowance?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So those mps who diam diam when services were withdrawn from PP and Hougang are nice and sincere?

They diam diam when PP and Hougang were excluded from upgrading are nice and sincere?

We ppl from PP and Hougang paid taxes and served NS too lor. All those MTFs play a part in denied us from the upgrade programs and call our estates slum. U can stuff your "nice and sincere" up u know where.

Last edited:

Costanza

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of a one case where a chap held the arms of a girl down while his friends took turns raping her. He then offer :biggrin:send her back. He was obliged to hold her hands as he was from the same gang but unlike the rest he was no rapist. He felt bad and send her home. Don't you think was sincere and full of humility.

wtf? did he ask his friends to put on condoms as well? :biggrin:
buggers like these are the worst kind :oIo:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlikely to happen. If she leaves it is likely to be for retirement.

I concur. Her family has too much collateral assets locked her for very practical reasons. No need to challenge the Leegime. She would do better as a public figure altogether. To go opposition, even by her will set off a serious rift in Leegime seeing the party really split.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading thru all the replies with TS rather naive starting post but nevertheless, a post that offers some hope left, I have come to the conclusion that :

All those who agree that every white scums , even those appearing nice and sincere, must be removed.

Say:

Aye.

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading thru all the replies with TS rather naive starting post but nevertheless, a post that offers some hope left, I have come to the conclusion that :

All those who agree that every white scums , even those appearing nice and sincere, must be removed.

Say:

Aye.

I may be inconsistent, but I am never naive. So I say AYE.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hold on to your horses before you get worked up with the title of this post. Allow me to put forth my observation.

I have known a few former pap MPs and still know some present pap MPs. They are not considered "higher office material" by the pap leadership. These people are actually quite nice and sincere. Down to earth and have exhibited various degrees of humility, both in their profession as well as in their capacity as MPs. I shall not name names. In short, truly likeable people with idealistic outlook. These are the ones who do not agree with policies but are forced to comply due to the Party Whip.

Contrast them with those the pap considers higher office material, the ministers. Almost everyone of them is an asshole. We know who they are. Arrogant and live their charmed lives with an elitist air. These are the ones we like to see hammered and humiliated. It is quite apparent that one needs to be an asshole to ascend to the pap leadership. These are the ones who are making life unbearable for singaporeans. These are the ones responsible for our misery. If the pap is rid of most of them, I dare say they can salvage most of the lost support. But I can't see that happening in the near and intermediate future.

I do not know if you are being genuine or trolling others in a subtle manner. You remind me of BryanTi, a personage on Facebook who appeared neutral on the surface but was always casting doubt on the credentials, moral fiber, etc, etc of the opposition or trying to lessen the dislike of the PAP's policies by humanising the people involved.

To be honest, my answer to that is simple - it does not matter if the Wall Street bankers who screwed the world via CDOs are all the greatest philanthropists in the world. They are still the people who unknowingly/knowingly shoved the world into a financial crisis.
I may be inconsistent, but I am never naive. So I say AYE.

Aye indeed.

Last edited: